Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

On 06/30/2019 at 06:50, Gottajustdoit said:

Thanks for sharing the photos, idawn! You're looking amazing. Are you feeling well? You have thin hair like me, so I know how each strand of hair that comes out is daunting!

I feel great. My hair is thin and very fine. My ponytail is now noticeably thinner. I started losing hair at 3.5 months out. I have read it stops after about 2 months but I know it can go on much longer. I’m going to schedule an appt w my hair stylist this week. I don’t have really long hair but I figure the more weight I can take off it the better.

On 06/28/2019 at 20:03, Recidivist said:

Okay, I found a "before" photo when I was singing in a local choir. It's not my fattest, but it gives you an idea. I want to note that I was wearing sort of a man's girdle, which is why things look rather flat beneath my stomach. (I can't believe I'm admitting this.) And yes, it was very uncomfortable.

Choir.jpg

After.jpg

Awesome job!

Lol, isn’t it great not to have to hide from someone taking a picture of us?

Now I really wish I had better “before” pics, but ever time I saw myself in a photo, I would cry and then delete it.

On 06/28/2019 at 10:07, Everythinganna said:

I bought a car yesterday. Immediately afterwards I had my daughter take a picture of me by the car. Talk about someone not recognizing you... I Almost didn’t recognize myself in the picture! Whose legs are those? They look like sticks! OK so my face looks really weird on one side (hopefully just in this photo) but other than that I look like a different human being.

We all say we don’t want to brag. I don’t think us talking about our weight loss successes constitutes as bragging at all! We have all busted our asses to go through the surgery and maintain a healthy eating plan. We earned those bragging rights!

2B05349F-20D5-4A6C-9925-4994D5888C4E.jpeg

Omg those legs!!!

Anna you’re doing GREAT.

Hehe.... I don’t even want to do the math on how much Lipo would cost me just so I could have legs like yours. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

And guys...... by all means keep the pics coming.
This isn’t bragging, this is us SHARING our victories.

I love seeing all of the great progress our February group is making.

Just think.... in a few short weeks we will all be sophomores!

On 06/29/2019 at 23:09, ldawn said:

Hey everyone! My gastric bypass was on 2/5. I had a rough month in May for weight loss. I guess my body just needed some time to adjust. Weight is coming off again, thank goodness. My Hair loss is astounding. Hope it stops soon. I have gone from 268 the day I started my pre op liquid diet to 207. I will be half way to my goal in 5 more pounds!! I have gone from an “extremely obese” BMI of almost 48 to now just “obese” at 37. I’m getting to where I want to be. I’m not one of the fast losers but that is ok.

Picture is this morning and October 2017 where I was around 250 lbs (5’3”).

image-0.0129938125610352.jpg

More amazing progress!

Lol, y’all make me want to post a current pic, but I’m grubby from Pilates and yard work and refuse to put on nicer clothes or put on makeup.

I started losing again this week.... 2.2 pounds since 8 days ago so fingers crossed I’m back on a downward trend.

Yesterday morning I was at 183.8.

We’ve got a family vacation trip planned to New Orleans in 3 weeks and I desperately want to weigh in the 170’s by then.
I’ve got 19 days

On 06/28/2019 at 21:37, EmzBee said:

Nice to see you back, Marine -- I, too, was wondering how you were going!

Sorry about the dumping. I've only had one or two instances of dumping myself. Nevertheless, not pleasant! Hoping you see the other side of it soon 🙂

And Anna -- you're looking amazing! Enjoy the new car and the new legs! ❤️

Hey I’m sooooooo glad to read that you didn’t have a structure.

Lol, it was nice to see Marine post.

One of the biggest reasons I decided for sleeve vs bypass was that I didn’t think I’d be able to handle dumping.

You guys that have survived that are rock stars.
Seriously.

On 06/30/2019 at 19:12, Sheribear68 said:

Hey I’m sooooooo glad to read that you didn’t have a structure.

Lol, it was nice to see Marine post.

One of the biggest reasons I decided for sleeve vs bypass was that I didn’t think I’d be able to handle dumping.

You guys that have survived that are rock stars.

Seriously.
I took a little time away to get my head straight. Some people did not have as much to lose and I was like dang he is down below 200 all ready or she is at this point all ready. I had to take a step back and realize we are at different points in our journey. At times, I wish the weight would come off a little quicker, or I would not stall for a week. I have felt that I have done really well since I had my first experience with dumping syndrome. No freezer dried fruit. Lots of concentrated sugar in it.

I understand to an extent.
I feel many days as if I’m “behind” because of how slowly I’m losing.
Almost 5 months out and I’ve never had one of those weeks where I’ve had a “whoosh” and I’ve never been able to “cheat” and get away with it.

If I eat off plan for even a meal I’m stalled for a few days and there are times when it’s bitterly disappointing, but at the same time I’m thankful for it because my body just plain isn’t going to allow “easy”, ya know??

I started right at 40% BMI..... and quite honestly if I hadn’t buckled my knees and slumped slightly at the beginning of this process (my bariatric clinic has my height as 5’5” when it is in actuality 5’7”) I would’ve been denied by my insurance because I would’ve been 6 pounds “too light”

What a joke. Too light, my butt! I was almost 255 pounds and a frickin size 22!!!!!

Because I was on the 40% borderline for 6 months I never could get into a healthy eating routine.

So many times I read about how people lost 50+ pounds pre-surgery and that they were already in a Keto or low carb mode and here I was strapping on 3 pound ankle weights before going into the clinic because I was scared to death I might have lost some Water weight and I didnt want to be disqualified.

When I went in for my pre-surgery class 17 days prior, I had lost a total of 3 pounds in the 6 plus months leading up to this and it was so liberating to FINALLY be able to eat how I knew I was going to need to for the rest of my life, but I felt so behind everyone else because I dared not lose an extra 5 pounds.

So here I am almost 5 months post and thinking that this whole process started almost a year ago.

Even though I’ve lost 62 pounds since surgery (and 75 from my all time high weight) I feel as if I still have so far to go.

All of my family and friends (with the exception of my dear husband who will support me no matter what) are cautioning me to “not take this thing too far”
My brother-in-law now refuses to say my name. He will say “hey, skinny!” while addressing me while ignoring the fact that my sister his wife is still probably a size or two smaller than me.
I’ve been a 135 pound adult woman and to be almost 50 pounds heavier than that still is annoying.
It might sound bratty, but I need to see a number somewhere south of 150 pounds before I will consider this surgery a success.

Yes, yall I STARTED at 30 BMI, paid $10,000 out of pocket, and barely got qualified. I may have only had a 30 BMI, but here is a pre-op pic for comparison. I’m only 5 feet tall so every pound felt and looked like 2.

I have horrific back problems that control my life. Plan was to get the weight off, then get these HUGE boobs off to help my back. I’m going in for another Epidural this morning. I quit my job on Friday because of my back.... I’m going to be self employed now, at least for a while. I deal with a lot of pain - every day.

The weight loss hasn’t hurt, but hasn’t helped my back pain either. However it HAS majorly helped my self esteem!

B9E4F6D4-7BE2-460E-9224-F1BB729DDF65.jpeg.5d07b932a03ee7188df55dbfb62e4b41.jpeg

0B112E7D-82DE-4F76-8F13-E1915837A828.jpeg

Edited by Everythinganna

Hi! I’m Joan. I’m new here! You look amazing & My Cadillac was my favorite car! Congrats on your weight loss success & your new car!!

Just now, Chiptress said:

Hi! I’m Joan. I’m new here! You look amazing & My Cadillac was my favorite car! Congrats on your weight loss success & your new car!!

Thank you Joan! I decided to go for it last week! I had a great job and an awesome company car (brand new Dodge Durango). However, I really couldn’t adequately do the job because of my pain (lots of lifting - I sold tile!). So I used some money I inherited on the down payment for the car (as well as on this surgery). My mom died suddenly and cancer last year. Makes you realize life is very short. I am excited about all of the new changes in my life. Welcome to the forum.

So sorry about your mom. My mom passed 13 years ago & I miss her every day! You’re right.... Life is short... I’m determined to make the next chapter of my life one of my best! I don’t have a date yet but we’re shooting for August! I can’t wait I’m very excited & nervous too!

Just got back from a roadtrip - I did not eat very well at all... but I didn't gain any weight, so I'm really happy about that!

41 minutes ago, froufrou said:

Just got back from a roadtrip - I did not eat very well at all... but I didn't gain any weight, so I'm really happy about that!

Good job! We are doing a 700-mile road trip over the 4th. Has anyone found success at what to order at fast-food locations? I have two teenagers and my husband likes to push through with as few stops as possible to get to our destination so food will be grabbing something at a gas station or driving as fast as he can through a drive through. I'll have my Protein Shakes packed, but wondered if any of you have cracked the fast-food code. Since my daughter works at Chick-fil-a, I am a pro at ordering the four-piece grilled tenders, but other options would be good to have.

2 hours ago, Gottajustdoit said:

Good job! We are doing a 700-mile road trip over the 4th. Has anyone found success at what to order at fast-food locations? I have two teenagers and my husband likes to push through with as few stops as possible to get to our destination so food will be grabbing something at a gas station or driving as fast as he can through a drive through. I'll have my Protein Shakes packed, but wondered if any of you have cracked the fast-food code. Since my daughter works at Chick-fil-a, I am a pro at ordering the four-piece grilled tenders, but other options would be good to have.

I found boiled egg at gas stations. I took some Snacks with me too. I split all of my food with my mother - portions are crazy sizes anyway. I had half a veggie burger from Burger King. Left the bread. Also had the egg (without the muffin) with cheese from McDonalds.

I drove from Denver to Las Vegas (with a stop at Moab). Can't believe how far it was!!

Edited by froufrou

I eat anything that sounds good to me, road trip or not. I still feel so restricted that I can barely eat during the day. The only time I can eat any kind of Normal quantity is usually late at night. I do try to be mindful to it to a degree. But mine is more of a waste not approach. So I order a lot of Soups when I go out to eat.

I don’t know the calories but Wendy’s does that chili that can help you meet those Protein goals. McDonald’s are usually just order one single hamburger or a happy meal. Tear the bread off as I eat. I may get more or five bites of the Patty down at it. The whole hamburger with the bread is 179 cal so I would assume I’m consuming about 50 cal.

Good idea on the boiled eggs