Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

18 minutes ago, Everythinganna said:

I eat anything that sounds good to me, road trip or not. I still feel so restricted that I can barely eat during the day.

I did that for a bit.. I had a little bit of Pasta and some fries for another meal. I was craving salad so badly though, so I ended up ordering a side salad in our hotel room. Nutritious and filling.

Just checking in. A little past 4 months and I have lost 65 pounds. I've been consuming too many calories to lose at a fast pace. I woke up this morning and the scale said I gained 1.5 pounds. I've been drinking Starbucks daily and is 180 calories. I'm consuming about 1500 calories a day and I feel so defeated right now. I can't bring myself to consume under 1000 calories a day. I feel like it is not enough for me and I'm losing so slow.

I use a Fitbit and myfitnesspal faithfully and it says I still burn about 3000 calories per day still. So, I'm not using 1500 a day, yet my losing is so slow. I've been trying to eat pickles and vegetables to fill up on when I feel like snacking.

Anyone else? Am I alone? I still have a great deal of restriction. Any ideas?

On 07/01/2019 at 18:33, gabybab said:

Just checking in. A little past 4 months and I have lost 65 pounds. I've been consuming too many calories to lose at a fast pace. I woke up this morning and the scale said I gained 1.5 pounds. I've been drinking Starbucks daily and is 180 calories. I'm consuming about 1500 calories a day and I feel so defeated right now. I can't bring myself to consume under 1000 calories a day. I feel like it is not enough for me and I'm losing so slow.

I use a Fitbit and myfitnesspal faithfully and it says I still burn about 3000 calories per day still. So, I'm not using 1500 a day, yet my losing is so slow. I've been trying to eat pickles and vegetables to fill up on when I feel like snacking.

Anyone else? Am I alone? I still have a great deal of restriction. Any ideas?

I am losing about 2-4 pounds a week. There have been a couple weeks where I have gained once. Then the next week I lose it. I am down almost 70 pds. I don’t feel like I eat to much. Everyday no. Somedays here and there yes. If I lost any faster I would be broke from having to buy new clothes. Do I wish I would lose faster. Yes, but I am happy with the weight I have lost so far. If I do decide to snack it is calories that contain Protein like yogurt and beef Jerky. Sometimes, I will eat skinny pop popcorn. I still stay away from as much dairy and bread as possible. Try to keep carbs to 120-140 grams a day, and I do not drink milk.

29 minutes ago, TheMarine79 said:

Before and after so far

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

Wow! Look at you! Congrats!

32 minutes ago, TheMarine79 said:

I am losing about 2-4 pounds a week. There have been a couple weeks where I have gained once. Then the next week I lose it. I am down almost 70 pds. I don’t feel like I eat to much. Everyday no. Somedays here and there yes. If I lost any faster I would be broke from having to buy new clothes. Do I wish I would lose faster. Yes, but I am happy with the weight I have lost so far. If I do decide to snack it is calories that contain Protein like yogurt and beef Jerky. Sometimes, I will eat skinny pop popcorn. I still stay away from as much dairy and bread as possible. Try to keep carbs to 120-140 grams a day, and I do not drink milk.

If I cut out the coffee and made it at home I would save money and calories. I'm just not really sure where my calories should be at over 4 months out. I guess I need a trip to my nutritionist.

Btw I'm not eating bread or pastries like before. My husband bought a dozen doughnuts from Krispy cream and I didn't even look at them. Lol

27 minutes ago, gabybab said:

If I cut out the coffee and made it at home I would save money and calories. I'm just not really sure where my calories should be at over 4 months out. I guess I need a trip to my nutritionist.

Btw I'm not eating bread or pastries like before. My husband bought a dozen doughnuts from Krispy cream and I didn't even look at them. Lol

What does a typical day's food look like for you? I am having Starbucks too, but I am working it in to my day somehow, plus it's not an every day thing.

Personally, I try to keep my calories at around 1000 if I can.

12 minutes ago, froufrou said:

What does a typical day's food look like for you? I am having Starbucks too, but I am working it in to my day somehow, plus it's not an every day thing.

Personally, I try to keep my calories at around 1000 if I can.

I have yogurt 1 T pumpkin seeds and 1/4 cup granola for Breakfast

Sopressata and cheese

Steak and broccoli

Cheese, pickles

10 Rainier cherries.

Starbucks.

I still burn over 700 in calories by walking every days.

Edited by gabybab

14 hours ago, Everythinganna said:

Yes, yall I STARTED at 30 BMI, paid $10,000 out of pocket, and barely got qualified. I may have only had a 30 BMI, but here is a pre-op pic for comparison. I’m only 5 feet tall so every pound felt and looked like 2.

I have horrific back problems that control my life. Plan was to get the weight off, then get these HUGE boobs off to help my back. I’m going in for another Epidural this morning. I quit my job on Friday because of my back.... I’m going to be self employed now, at least for a while. I deal with a lot of pain - every day.

The weight loss hasn’t hurt, but hasn’t helped my back pain either. However it HAS majorly helped my self esteem!

B9E4F6D4-7BE2-460E-9224-F1BB729DDF65.jpeg.5d07b932a03ee7188df55dbfb62e4b41.jpeg

0B112E7D-82DE-4F76-8F13-E1915837A828.jpeg

I hear you on the back pain! I've already got arthritis in my spine and a pinched nerve in the neck. My knees were starting to hurt too so that was when I decided I had to get serious and scheduled the gastric bypass. Knees are all better, my the pain in my back and neck are ever present. I have wanted a breast reduction for a long time but am now waiting to get to my goal weight before I go to a surgeon for an opinion. I must say I do not like the way the girls feel---gravity is getting meaner and meaner.... I now this is TMI, but I literally feel them pulling my shoulders down more than ever, leaving me with horrific posture and more neck pain. What is the epidural all about? I have not heard of that for back pain before.

2 hours ago, gabybab said:

Wow! Look at you! Congrats!

Fantastic!

1 hour ago, gabybab said:

I have yogurt 1 T pumpkin seeds and 1/4 cup granola for breakfast

Sopressata and cheese

Steak and broccoli

cheese, pickles

10 Rainier cherries.

Starbucks.

I still burn over 700 in calories by walking every days.

Interesting how our diets are all so different. Summer has always been a time for going out for ice cream. Funny, I still want to have the experience, but eating the ice cream doesn't really appeal to me. I do not crave sweets at all, but a brownie, etc. still looks delicious. So strange. My snack attacks are for salty foods. I have "cheated" with salt and vinegar chips and Chex Mix--just a few to get the salty crunchy taste. I have to be careful. My basic daily food day is below...I do not count calories at all and weigh myself a few times a week. Total weight loss is 55 lbs and it seems to be by the ounce, not the pound. I have not really had any "whoosh" moments...slow and steady.

Morning: Premier Protein shake

Midmorning snack: green olives

Lunch: Kind bar (peanut butter/chocolate), chili, or--more recently--iceburg lettuce with Tomato, cheese, and egg with a bit of Ranch Salad Dressing

Dinner: chicken breast, talapia, pork, or ground beef patty with cheese

What is obviously missing is green veggies. 😞 I need to be better at getting in green veggies!

3 hours ago, Darci kendall said:

I’m over a Year out , at 4 Months didn’t even reach 500 calories a day 1000 is a lot . I still only do about 700 to 1000 .

I think it depends on the individual - how much restriction you have, etc.

3 hours ago, Darci kendall said:

I’m over a Year out , at 4 Months didn’t even reach 500 calories a day 1000 is a lot . I still only do about 700 to 1000 .

👏👏👏