Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

I’ve lost another 2 pounds in the last 2 days and I’m beginning to freak out a little...

893C3676-89C7-41D6-873D-9B3FF57C4464.jpeg

On 07/03/2019 at 20:33, Recidivist said:

I want to urge everyone not to compare your progress and weight loss to others on the forum. Some of us started at a lower weight and had less to lose, so we are of course closer to our goal in a relatively short time. Also, everybody's body reacts differently to this process, and some will take longer to settle in.

Don't forget that we will be in our "honeymoon period" for another six to eight months, so we all have plenty of time to get near our goal weights. As long as you are making steady progress, even with some stalls or small weight gains, you are succeeding! And if you get off track, please reach out to the rest of us for the guidance and support you need--that's what this community is for. You are not in this alone!

All of this!!!!!

Thanks for posting because some days it is so difficult to be caught up in the moment and forget to look back and see how far we’ve come.

How I deal with life in general is to embrace trials and disappointments and treat them with a sense of humor. Sometimes my humor doesn’t translate well into the written word because facial expressions and intonation is missing.

Lol, I’m the girl that GAINED over 20 pounds on chemo.
I mean who seriously can manage to do that, ya know?

Yeah, if anyone on the planet can lose slower than me, I truly feel sorry for them, but what life has taught me is to keep on persevering.
I am the quintessential tortoise, but I WILL finish this journey with success.

Oh and I did manage to lose 1.8 pounds this week so it looks like I’m back on a downward trend again.
2 step forward, 1 step back and I’ll take it and run with it.

Today’s weight was 182.0.
This day last year I weighed 257, so I’m down exactly 75 pounds from last year’s July 4th.

Yay me.

3 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

Today’s weight was 182.0.
This day last year I weighed 257, so I’m down exactly 75 pounds from last year’s July 4th. 

Awesome!!!

Okay so the heat and humidity did a number on my thinning hair, but here is a pic with me and hubs at a wedding tonite.

I’m so freaking psyched because this dress I’ve got on is a size 12!!!!

image-0.00393390655517578.jpg

Okay so the heat and humidity did a number on my thinning hair, but here is a pic with me and hubs at a wedding tonite.

I’m so freaking psyched because this dress I’ve got on is a size 12!!!!image-0.00393390655517578.thumb.jpg.a7c7552c001fbdbf007d4f331bb4ba5c.jpg
Absolutely gorgeous Sheribear!!![emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]
Congratulations!! You and hubs look so so beautiful!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 07/05/2019 at 01:15, Sheribear68 said:

image-0.00393390655517578.jpg

Very nice. Keep up the great work

8 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

You look amazing and you have worked so hard you totally deserve it!

You look beautiful Sheri - you must be feeling amazing too x

Hair loss has started - it’s official.

I bought some root boost and I normally never use product on my hair. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I’ll read the Hair loss forums too...

Bought hair-skin- nail formula from Wal-Mart. Has it worked? Don't know but WM got a little richer, oh well I haven't had any bad effects beside a sourish stomach pouch so I take a small amount of something food-wise

This is good info on thinning hair https://youtu.be/HTHsTGGqj7w

19 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

here is a pic with me and hubs at a wedding tonite.

You look fantastic, Sheribear! (And thinner than hubby--when was the last time you could say that?) It looks like you have very little left to lose, but I believe you when you say you do. We all know our own bodies better than anyone else.

On 07/05/2019 at 09:21, Everythinganna said:

I bought some root boost and I normally never use product on my hair. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I’ll read the Hair loss forums too...

I’m about to make a hair mask with coconut oil and Jamaican castor oil. Supposed to help w regrowth. I starting losing a lot of hair at 3.5 months. It’s noticeably thinner (to me at least) so I’m having it cut short tomorrow

Oh yes on the thinner hair.
I think that’s one reason I hated my hair yesterday. I had it up mostly to disguise the fact that there’s not as much as there used to be. I either have to put tons of product in it to give it texture and have it look half wild, or suffer with it flat on my head.

Thanks for saying I look great, but honestly I’m still about the same size or a size bigger than the average plus size model.

I will get there eventually.
Right now I’m feeling a bit of a set back because I broke one of my toes Wednesday night coming back to bed from going to the bathroom.
Cracked it right on the foot of the bed! That’s why I’m wearing flat sandals in the picture.
The actual cute ones with a bit of a heel were sheer agony when I tried to slip it on.

Oh well, if I have to have a broken toe, at least I weigh 70 pounds less than I did in January. 🤣🤣