Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For those who have PCOS

Applesmith,

There is something your doc can give you to make it stop, if you really want it too. Unfortunately, heavy periods come along with PCOS. The longer you don't she your lining, the more there is to shed. I used to only get my periods about 1-2 times a year. This means that I would bleed for about 40 days at a time!! I know, TMI, but its true!!!

I've been having my period FOREVER! I can't wait for another three weeks (a month after surgery) so I can get it to stop. It did start on its own for the first time in like 10 years though, so that's something to be greatful for. When I came out of surgery it was a real mess though. I guess all that blood thinner really works! Sorry to be icky! But that is something for people getting the surgery to know. It makes your period kick into high gear...:eek:

Hi all,

I was diagnosed with PCOS in 1989, and have only taken birth control pills to control the cysts. I tried Glucophage, but it made me very sick so BC it was. I have all the typical symptoms of PCOS, excessive hair, weight gain, little if any menstrual cycles. BCP have really helps but I have steady packed on the pounds. I also have HBP, and was taking two different medications until last week when my blood pressure stabilized and am not not taking anything now.

I had LapBand surgery 12/13/07 and am down 15lbs. I am elated. Now if I can just not over do it.

Thanks. I'm glad you are doing well. I know how hectic it can be with just one small child, so I know with 2 small ones your hands are full.

AMEN! :faint::faint::faint:

Hi all,

I was diagnosed with PCOS in 1989, and have only taken birth control pills to control the cysts. I tried Glucophage, but it made me very sick so BC it was. I have all the typical symptoms of PCOS, excessive hair, weight gain, little if any menstrual cycles. BCP have really helps but I have steady packed on the pounds. I also have HBP, and was taking two different medications until last week when my blood pressure stabilized and am not not taking anything now.

I had LapBand surgery 12/13/07 and am down 15lbs. I am elated. Now if I can just not over do it.

Hi Ann,

I couldn't take the Glucophage either. It gave me headaches and gave me an upset stomach.

Congratulations on your blood pressure. It's amazing what weight loss can do for our health. Imagine how much better we will feel when we make it to our goal weight.

Nice to meet you, take it easy and good luck to you.

It is busy with 2, but I am finding that I must guard against using that as an excuse. Saturday I decided that kids or no kids I have got to start exercising. We went to the track. Dh and my 9 year old rode bikes and I pushed the babies in the stroller. We walked 1.75 miles (twice around the big track). It felt so good to be outside and active. I have to let my little guys be part of my motivation, not my excuse. I really seem to have had a shift in my focus in the last couple of days. I am really glad, because I needed a kick in the butt to get me going. I have another fill scheduled for Wednesday. I am hoping this one gets me close to my sweet spot. I can tell a big difference since the last fill.

Hey ladies ... I am not at my happiest right now. My new insurance has been in effect for 3 days now. I wanted to have the balling rolling yesterday for a surgery date in lat January. But the GYN or Reproductive Endo needs to submit a clearance letter for surgery! Because the PCOS issue just came about ... I have only been diagnosed for a short time now. So my surgeon just wants to be on the safe side I'm sure... But the thing is my Endo acts like he is god and you have to go through all these people on the phone before they transfer you to him. I don't go in to see him until Jan 10! Called my GYN her son was had an emergency and she will be out for the rest of the week. So I called my Endo back and he composed my letter alright but he sent it to the GYN's office FUCKER!!! I asked him to fax it to the surgeons office! Ol' bitch!! Now I have to wait for the other LAZY GYN to come in and scratch his nutsack... jerk his dick off in the back office .... and dig in his ass before he comes to the phone to help me!!! All I want is my damn letter at the surgeons office!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Than come to find out the Endo MAILED the letter.... It's 2008 you moron!!!!!!!! We have fax machines now!!!! So with the holiday rush I am just hoping and praying that my letter is there!!!! I just want the fiasco to end now!! Maybe I should just calm down and wait to start fresh on Monday! But the surgeons office told me that

they would know my insurqances decision within a week so I am just praying, hoping, wishing, for a good result!! I am calling the male GYN the lazy one @ 6 so I can see if he has my damn letter! Sorry for the broken up post hit enter by accident LOL! LOVE TO ALL APPLES!

Don't worry Apple- when you look back on this process after the band you won't believe it went so fast! I started mid July and didn't get banded until 3 weeks ago. As I was going into surgery I was thinking...whoa that was fast, wait a sec! Even though I had to do three months of "counseling" for binge eating- that is a bunch of BS I'll tell you! Breath deeply!

Apple things will work out. I don't know why they wanted your Endo to consult. Weight loss is one of the best things for PCOS and your Gyno should recognize it too. That is one of the reasons I had it done. Now I have to make sure I don't get pregnant. That would be a b*&%@h.

Good luck.

Well I have since calmed down ... I will be calling the Dr's office at 6 on the nose well maybe 6:05 eastern time cause I am really pissed!! I hope he can fax it 2nite and I will have the surgeons office submit it by Friday or Monday... I realize peopl are just snapping out of the holidays so I am just going to take it easy.

I Got Approved Ladies!!! I Had The Moment That I Had Been Waiting For 2day! I Couldn't Believe It! I Was Approved. The Coordinator Called Me This Morning (i Was Off 2day) And Shhe Left Me A Message I Didn't Recognize The Number Thought That It Was A Bs Call And Rolled Over Lol. I Checked My Messages At About 4 Today She Said It So Nonchalantely "i Got Your Authorization For Surgery Back 2day Are You Ready To Schedule A Date" I Couldn't Believe It! It All Was Surreal! I Still Have To Get A Clearance Letter From Gyn But It Finally Came To Life! The Coordinator Submitted It W/out The Letter But She Wants It Asap!!! But The Day That We Are All Dreaming Of! I Will Let You Guys Know More As Soon As I Do Hopefully Monday. So My Date Is February 6th 2008 My 2nd Birthday!