Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many ounces at 2 months?

At 2 months post-op how many ounces were you able to eat, I can eat 8 ounces before I feel full, I know that everyone is different but does this seem to be to much?

Thinks!!

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using BariatricPal mobile app

Are you eating the dense Protein first? If so, 8 ounces sounds high. If you're eating other things before the protein, like sliders, your capacity is almost unlimited.

Are you eating the dense Protein first? If so, 8 ounces sounds high. If you're eating other things before the Protein, like sliders, your capacity is almost unlimited.
I eat my Proteins first, for an example today I had a four and a half ounce meatball which I chewed very well, after that I had three and a half ounces of green Beans.< br>

Wow, that's impressive. I never would have made it through the meatball alone at 8 months.2-2.5 oz of Protein is my limit. I have separate meals of just veggies or I wouldn't get any at all. (OK with my NUT)

1 hour ago, The Preacher said:

8 ounces before I feel full, I know that everyone is different but does this seem to be to much?

@The Preacher

I was eating 4 oz at 2 months - like you said all docs are different

good for you that you are eating Protein first. IMO, at 2 months PO - 8 oz is too much!!

I like a silly joke that i say here at times - A guy on a bus asks a stranger."when do i get off the bus to go to X street?" The guy says, "watch me and get off two stops earlier." (my warped sense of humor)

in other words, eat how much you are allowed, but stop a couple of spoonfuls before.

If you are eating as slowly as you should - you might get full earlier, but regardless, you should stop when you have eaten your correct portioned amount, especially since you are so early PO.

pre and post op - You have already lost 124 lbs eeeek, that is great

good luck dude

kathy

I think that sounds like too much honestly.

Sometimes it takes a while for our nerves to rewire to our brains. The best way to limit your size is to only take what you are allowed to eat for that stage and then make a plan that does not include "seconds" or "thirds".

Meatballs/meatloaf "can" be sliderish food.

I also had an ability to eat more and have more capacity to this day. So I chose lean very dense dry protein--the drier the better!!! Grilled chicken breasts, grilled center cut pork chops, steak with a lot of chew (lean), turkey breast patties, salmon, shrimp are all great Proteins. Avoid any meat lube (ie gravies, sauces, Condiments that make things slide on through). Eat veggies cooked al dente and eat the very fiberous ones! Sauteed spinach, kale, swiss chard, collards, turnip greens, broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, zoodles, and raw veggies are great choices. Eat avocado for your fats cuz it also has bulk and Fiber.

I am thinking at 2months, you should be at: 2oz Protein + 1oz al dente veg + 1oz avocado/.5oz tomato--that's about 1/2cup of food by volume and about 3-4oz by weight. Rather than allowing yourself to eat big meals, eat 4-5 meals per day of this size and composition. At first it's hard to get your brain to cooperate. If you were a volume eater pre-op, it's especially true. You may have some days of hunger here or there--that's natural. Just hydrate like crazy! Drink a glass of Water every time you feel hungry!!!

Also, if you are able to eat that well, drop the Protein Drinks and liquid calories to a minimum. I was having 2-4oz of Protein Drink as coffee creamer by this time and getting the remainder of my protein from real food.

3 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

best way to limit your size is to only take what you are allowed to eat for that stage and then make a plan that does not include "seconds" or "thirds".

@The Preacher

As me and OP have commented, 8 oz might be too much

measure, put food on small plate - that makes you and your head feel like

you know you have eaten enough. Head games play a big part in your/our journey

the expression i hear and like, "Just Because You Can, Doesn't Mean You Should"

good luck dude (is it ok that i call a preacher a dude? 😏
kathy

[mention=338304]The Preacher[/mention]
As me and OP have commented, 8 oz might be too much
measure, put food on small plate - that makes you and your head feel like
you know you have eaten enough. Head games play a big part in your/our journey
the expression i hear and like, "Just Because You Can, Doesn't Mean You Should"
good luck dude (is it ok that i call a preacher a dude?
kathy

I do use a small 6.5" plate, I'm eating about 1,000 calories per day, that's what my nutritionist told me to eat. I do notice some food's I can't eat 8oz. Things like chicken or stack. Things like ground beef, it seems like I can eat more.

I'm getting all my Protein and liquids in everyday with no problems at all.

As for as the dude thing, it has more than one meaning, one means city slicker, that I'm not, I was born and raised in the country. The other means a man, and that I am, now days there may be other meanings that I don't know of, but if you want to call me a dude that's ok with me.

4 hours ago, The Preacher said:

if you want to call me a dude that's ok with me.emoji106.png

@The Preacher

phew - i feel so relieved now!!😊

dude? i use it as a slang word, Webster says "dude = guy"

no deep meaning - nothing special, that's the way i and use it.

following directions from your NUT is the name of the game. Getting

all your Water and Protein, you are aces!! Guess i'm preaching to the choir!!

hey dude -you are doing great - keep up the terrific job for the rest of your

healthier ,happier life☺️

kathy