Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jan 2019 bypass buddies

liquid Tylenol is awesome when pills are a pain. I still use at times when I need it to kick in sooner rather than later

I'm a little late to the party, converting from VSG to RNY on January 31 :)

18 minutes ago, believexrebecca said:

I'm a little late to the party, converting from VSG to RNY on January 31 :)

Wish you good luck! I’m the hospital right now had RNY with hernia yesterday. Other than a little soreness and excessive thirst and mild headaches I’m pretty good!!!

I just had my surgery on the 24th. I’m in British Columbia, Canada. I had the sleeve in February 2017 and just had a revision due to acid reflux. I was initially with a doctor in Victoria, who was useless. Went to see him for 7:years and went nowhere. Appointments were maybe 3 minutes long if you’re lucky and I live 8 hours plus a 2 hour ferry ride away! Switched to Dr. Sampath in Richmond in the summer of 2015. Had my orientation in October 2016 and sleeved Feb 2017. Amazing man. Covered by medical services plan in BC as health related. Was over 300 lbs.

Mine is January 31st! I am excited and nervous.

Well you will end this month with a bang, won't you? Best wishes for a successful surgery and a wonderful healing-up. May it be all you've dreamed of and more! Update us when your surgery is over, I'm a grandmother-type -I worry about everyone until I know they're safe. 😪 😌Just the way I am

You have to have private health insurance as Medicare covers very very few procedures. I do know a few people that got a band that way but the process was long and arduous.
The insurers have changed the rules in the last couple of years , previously wls was part of most policies but because it has become so popular you now have to have the top ( most expensive) policy for it to be covered. Private health insurance policies in Aus are paid for by the individual not the employer. Even with insurance you still have to pay pretty substantial out of pocket expenses.
My out of pocket for the surgeon is $3000, anaesthetist $750, hospital excess $500 just to mention a few. That doesn’t include all the Drs and dieticians visits etc. It wouldn’t be so bad except I have paid all these fees before for my band, I feel cheated, I want a refund!
I also live in the country. The hospital I am going to is approx 40km away but that’s not an issue, I’m used to not having anything on my doorstep.
Now I had better get out of bed and get dressed, I have a dieticians app this morning
Medicare absolutely covers bariatric surgery. As does all Medicare advantage plans. Medicare advantage plans are required by law to cover all services that Medicare covers. I have a Medicare advantage plan and my gastric bypass is covered 100 percent with no deductables or copays. My medicare advantage plan is through United healthcare.

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using BariatricPal mobile app

@lifeasfaith this was part of a discussion on requirements in Australia

Mine is January 31st! I am excited and nervous.

Mine is the same date. Also very excited and very nervous. I have been flip flopping on my decision in my head a few times. But, I know I can do this.. done with being this weight.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

I have to be at the hospital at 9!!!!! I am so excited and nervous.
I have been battling with my sinuses the past 2 days. With the temps up and down, it has not helped me. No fever though, no cough either. Just my nose one extreme or the other....stuffed up or Niagara falls.

I was allowed clear fluids until 5 am....luckily, I woke up at 4 and was able to have coffee.< br>
I will post more later I'm sure.

Sent from my SM-T350 using BariatricPal mobile app

Good Surgery Day to you Jenwill, I hope things go Super Cool for you, I enjoyed all your Pre-Posts, I'm sure the Passed-It-Posts will be equally good!😛💞😛

2 hours ago, Jenwill630 said:

I have been battling with my sinuses the past 2 days. With the temps up and down, it has not helped me. No fever though, no cough either. Just my nose one extreme or the other....stuffed up or Niagara falls.

I was allowed clear fluids until 5 am....luckily, I woke up at 4 and was able to have coffee.

Good Luck and Congrats!

I was allowed clear fluids until 5 am....luckily, I woke up at 4 and was able to have coffee.< br>

I have been suffering with sinus stuff to...tis the season. You will do great. Have a great day..1

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm a loser!!!20190129_162642.jpeg