Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jan 2019 bypass buddies

10 hours ago, Jenwill630 said:

Oh that sucks so bad that you didn't have the PTO days!!!
Mine just restarted, so i am lucky. Plus my boss made an exception and let me carry over a week from 2018 into this year for my surgery. I only get 3 weeks vacation per year, so that is nice.

And holy **** how awesome of your boss to hire you a housekeeper!!!! That is just amazing!!!!! you are SO LUCKY.

I've had surgery before that had me on lifting and bending restrictions, so my family knows the drill. I'm lucky there, BUT now there is only 1 kid left at home....luckily it is our youngest and he is by far momma's boy. LOL He is very helpful so when my husband goes back out on the road a few days after my surgery, he will step in to help. And my neighbor told me last night that she would have him over for dinner any night so I don't have to cook for him. LOL

Super neighbor you have. B/c one thing for sure - smells - everything is heightened. I can smell my husband's dinner all the way across the house from a closed room...LOL.

Yeah - no extra PTO days. Your boss did you a solid!! Congrats!

Surgery Date 01/07/2019

My surgery went well, I was up and walking the next day, drinking my Protein, and wasn't nauseous not even once. So I got to go home the next day :)

This is day 3 post-op. I am doing well, although I slept most of yesterday away, I believe I needed to catch up on sleep, since sleep in the hospital is in 2 hour intervals, someones always waking you up for something lol

Today I've been up all day, walking around, playing on the computer. I've had some pain but not anything that cant be controlled. The drinking thing has been hard. Making sure i get my protein in. So mainly right now I'm on 2x Protein Shakes a day, i split them up so that I'm only handling 4oz at a time. Drinking Water and power-aid zero all day. And today I measured out 2oz sf Jello and 2oz beef broth for lunch. I think i'm going to do ok with my new stomach. I worry about stretching it, but from what I've read 4 oz. on the liquid diet is not the same as solid food. I usually take my time and get full from 4oz of liquid.

So far so good, I am so happy with my decision to do this.

20 hours ago, Wendums said:

Surgery Date 01/07/2019

My surgery went well, I was up and walking the next day, drinking my Protein, and wasn't nauseous not even once. So I got to go home the next day :)

This is day 3 post-op. I am doing well, although I slept most of yesterday away, I believe I needed to catch up on sleep, since sleep in the hospital is in 2 hour intervals, someones always waking you up for something lol

Today I've been up all day, walking around, playing on the computer. I've had some pain but not anything that cant be controlled. The drinking thing has been hard. Making sure i get my Protein in. So mainly right now I'm on 2x Protein Shakes a day, i split them up so that I'm only handling 4oz at a time. Drinking Water and power-aid zero all day. And today I measured out 2oz sf Jello and 2oz beef broth for lunch. I think i'm going to do ok with my new stomach. I worry about stretching it, but from what I've read 4 oz. on the liquid diet is not the same as solid food. I usually take my time and get full from 4oz of liquid.

So far so good, I am so happy with my decision to do this.

YAY! Thats encouraging. You so often hear about all the terrible stuff after surgery. I am hoping to be like you and get through recovery without any major drama :)

Yay, Wendums! So glad that everything's gone smoothly for you!

I'm in the 'maybe February' pile, but I just wanted to pop by you lovely January folks to wish you the best of luck. It's so inspiring to see how you're going... and I'll admit, I'm so relieved to finally not feel so alone 😃

Keep being Awesome!

Two days til surgery - lets get this thing going!! Life has been super hectic since I started the 2 week preop liquid diet... my car was totalled by a wrong way driver the day I started (everyone is ok...my poor new car is in SUV heaven) so every moment I have has been spent on working, dealing with that or trying to find a new car before I have surgery. Which, I will admit, has helped distract me! :) I cheated big time on Saturday - after 12 hours of car shopping AFTER working a 10 hour overnight shift at work - I was tired, crabby and...yes...STARVING. So...I MAY have had about 2 ounces of salmon with my miso broth dinner. Ok..and a potsticker and a half. Only human :)