Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jan 2019 bypass buddies



Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Jenwill630 said:

Oh that sucks so bad that you didn't have the PTO days!!!
Mine just restarted, so i am lucky. Plus my boss made an exception and let me carry over a week from 2018 into this year for my surgery. I only get 3 weeks vacation per year, so that is nice.

And holy **** how awesome of your boss to hire you a housekeeper!!!! That is just amazing!!!!! you are SO LUCKY.

I've had surgery before that had me on lifting and bending restrictions, so my family knows the drill. I'm lucky there, BUT now there is only 1 kid left at home....luckily it is our youngest and he is by far momma's boy. LOL He is very helpful so when my husband goes back out on the road a few days after my surgery, he will step in to help. And my neighbor told me last night that she would have him over for dinner any night so I don't have to cook for him. LOL


Super neighbor you have. B/c one thing for sure - smells - everything is heightened. I can smell my husband's dinner all the way across the house from a closed room...LOL.

Yeah - no extra PTO days. Your boss did you a solid!! Congrats!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surgery Date 01/07/2019

My surgery went well, I was up and walking the next day, drinking my Protein, and wasn't nauseous not even once. So I got to go home the next day :)

This is day 3 post-op. I am doing well, although I slept most of yesterday away, I believe I needed to catch up on sleep, since sleep in the hospital is in 2 hour intervals, someones always waking you up for something lol

Today I've been up all day, walking around, playing on the computer. I've had some pain but not anything that cant be controlled. The drinking thing has been hard. Making sure i get my protein in. So mainly right now I'm on 2x Protein Shakes a day, i split them up so that I'm only handling 4oz at a time. Drinking Water and power-aid zero all day. And today I measured out 2oz sf Jello and 2oz beef broth for lunch. I think i'm going to do ok with my new stomach. I worry about stretching it, but from what I've read 4 oz. on the liquid diet is not the same as solid food. I usually take my time and get full from 4oz of liquid.

So far so good, I am so happy with my decision to do this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Wendums said:

Surgery Date 01/07/2019

My surgery went well, I was up and walking the next day, drinking my Protein, and wasn't nauseous not even once. So I got to go home the next day :)

This is day 3 post-op. I am doing well, although I slept most of yesterday away, I believe I needed to catch up on sleep, since sleep in the hospital is in 2 hour intervals, someones always waking you up for something lol

Today I've been up all day, walking around, playing on the computer. I've had some pain but not anything that cant be controlled. The drinking thing has been hard. Making sure i get my Protein in. So mainly right now I'm on 2x Protein Shakes a day, i split them up so that I'm only handling 4oz at a time. Drinking Water and power-aid zero all day. And today I measured out 2oz sf Jello and 2oz beef broth for lunch. I think i'm going to do ok with my new stomach. I worry about stretching it, but from what I've read 4 oz. on the liquid diet is not the same as solid food. I usually take my time and get full from 4oz of liquid.

So far so good, I am so happy with my decision to do this.

YAY! Thats encouraging. You so often hear about all the terrible stuff after surgery. I am hoping to be like you and get through recovery without any major drama :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay, Wendums! So glad that everything's gone smoothly for you!

I'm in the 'maybe February' pile, but I just wanted to pop by you lovely January folks to wish you the best of luck. It's so inspiring to see how you're going... and I'll admit, I'm so relieved to finally not feel so alone 😃

Keep being Awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two days til surgery - lets get this thing going!! Life has been super hectic since I started the 2 week preop LIQUID diet... my car was totalled by a wrong way driver the day I started (everyone is ok...my poor new car is in SUV heaven) so every moment I have has been spent on working, dealing with that or trying to find a new car before I have surgery. Which, I will admit, has helped distract me! :) I cheated big time on Saturday - after 12 hours of car shopping AFTER working a 10 hour overnight shift at work - I was tired, crabby and...yes...STARVING. So...I MAY have had about 2 ounces of salmon with my miso broth dinner. Ok..and a potsticker and a half. Only human :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
My RNY is scheduled for Monday the 21st! Can’t wait!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
My RNY is scheduled for Monday the 21st! Can’t wait!
Mines also.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2019 at 10:17 AM, CeeCee2018 said:

Thank you!!!

I’m excited and nervous, hopefully when I see the surgeon today to schedule everything goes well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Surgery date - yesterday!! Rough night last night with a lot of pain that ended up being due to the gas they pump in you. No one here let’s you sleep either. ;). I’m about 14 hours post op now and feeling pretty good- 7 walks under my belt, keeping Water down and I am dreaming of Jello. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am however not as nervous, only because my surgeon has operated on me previously, for a unrelated issue. Dr. Marc Neff, CherryHill, NJ. He is phenomenal, professional, caring and just everything you would want in your surgeon. So that does make this process easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trasib said:

Surgery date - yesterday!! Rough night last night with a lot of pain that ended up being due to the gas they pump in you. No one here let’s you sleep either. ;). I’m about 14 hours post op now and feeling pretty good- 7 walks under my belt, keeping Water down and I am dreaming of Jello. ;)

How wonderful!!!!
Are your nurses nice and helpful?
Are you kicking yourself for not bringing something?
Are you going home this afternoon or staying another night?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
They have been amazing. Going home this morning hopefully - all depends on what the doctor says. I didn’t bring much- honestly all I have used is my phone and reading glasses. :). Thought I’d get some reading done or watch a movie - nope. sleep, walk,sleep,walk. That’s about it. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, trasib said:

They have been amazing. Going home this morning hopefully - all depends on what the doctor says. I didn’t bring much- honestly all I have used is my phone and reading glasses. :). Thought I’d get some reading done or watch a movie - nope. sleep, walk,sleep,walk. That’s about it. :)

How does it "feel" when drinking? Is the sensation strange?

That is great they are so nice. I hope mine are!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Drinking is a little rough. Not sure if it’s the gas pains or the new stomach being all salty, but I’m trying to get some liquid Tylenol down with a little Water and it isn’t feeling great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, trasib said:

Drinking is a little rough. Not sure if it’s the gas pains or the new stomach being all salty, but I’m trying to get some liquid Tylenol down with a little Water and it isn’t feeling great

I actually bought some liquid tylenol for at home just in case.

Hope you are feeling better each new hour!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×