Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jan 2019 bypass buddies

Just checking in.
It's 1 week since my surgery and honestly I feel great.
I almost went back to work yesterday, but decided against it because work has just sucked so much lately, I don't want to go back. Lol

My Dr. Called to check on me Saturday and told me I could start yogurt yesterday......I was SO happy to start eating something other than soup/broth. I go for my post op check up tomorrow and am really hoping he say go ahead and start puree.

Sent from my SM-T350 using BariatricPal mobile app

So glad you are doing well.

My one week is tomorrow and I am actually allowed to start purées tomorrow. My follow up is Friday. Yesterday seemed to be a really hard day but I decided to stop being stubborn and take Tylenol a bit more regularly. Now I feel better. And I am able to take much bigger sips so I am shooting for 100 ounces of Water. I got in 80 yesterday plus other liquids. I think this made a huge difference because I was feeling shitty before. Not having to take baby sips anymore also helps. As long as I don’t drink too fast I don’t have any issues drinking normally.

I think I am going back to work Monday. I was planning on going back this Thursday but I may take another day or two yet.

I went back after a week and three days. Second week back and I do regret not taking the extra time off. But just a little. It was nice to feel normal again. :)

1 minute ago, trasib said:

I went back after a week and three days. Second week back and I do regret not taking the extra time off. But just a little. It was nice to feel normal again. :)

That’s my thinking. It will suck to burn up a lot of my PTO but I will live 🤷‍♀️

So glad you are doing well.
My one week is tomorrow and I am actually allowed to start purées tomorrow. My follow up is Friday. Yesterday seemed to be a really hard day but I decided to stop being stubborn and take Tylenol a bit more regularly. Now I feel better. And I am able to take much bigger sips so I am shooting for 100 ounces of Water. I got in 80 yesterday plus other liquids. I think this made a huge difference because I was feeling shitty before. Not having to take baby sips anymore also helps. As long as I don’t drink too fast I don’t have any issues drinking normally.
I think I am going back to work Monday. I was planning on going back this Thursday but I may take another day or two yet.
I took liquid Tylenol 2 days after surgery.....the worst thing I have ever tasted in my life. Omg it was nasty. I will save it in case of emergency, but dear Lord that was horrid.

I am really looking forward to having some real food tomorrow.

Yeah drinking is going well here too.....as long as I don't gulp, I am good.

2 minutes ago, Jenwill630 said:

I took liquid Tylenol 2 days after surgery.....the worst thing I have ever tasted in my life. Omg it was nasty. I will save it in case of emergency, but dear Lord that was horrid.

I am really looking forward to having some real food tomorrow.

Yeah drinking is going well here too.....as long as I don't gulp, I am good.

Lol it doesn’t taste that bad 😂😂😂

Lol it doesn’t taste that bad [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Omg yes it does!!!!!

Hi gang.

I had my post op appt today and it went very well.
I am allowed pureed foods which he wants me to transition to soft over the next 3 weeks......so I came home and immediately made pureed chicken salad.

I was also told to go to it with restarting my exercise, so I am very happy about that.

Hi gang.

I had my post op appt today and it went very well.
I am allowed pureed foods which he wants me to transition to soft over the next 3 weeks......so I came home and immediately made pureed chicken salad.

I was also told to go to it with restarting my exercise, so I am very happy about that.

That’s awesome. Today was awful for me so far. I started purée but decided to try really thin oatmeal. I had about 2 ounces mixed with fairlife milk and Water. It went down fine and about an hour later it justnfelt like a brick sitting. But since I still needed a Protein Shake I waited and then had my shake and water in between. And ugh the pain. My whole chest just felt terrible. So I had to lay down a bit. Then I cried and had a pity party for myself thinking wtf did I do to myself. Ugh. I just took a nice hot shower and am drinking water slowly and am smacking myself out of my pity party.

So how was the chicken salad. What did you make it with....

4 minutes ago, CurvyMom said:

That’s awesome. Today was awful for me so far. I started purée but decided to try really thin oatmeal. I had about 2 ounces mixed with fairlife milk and Water. It went down fine and about an hour later it justnfelt like a brick sitting. But since I still needed a Protein Shake I waited and then had my shake and Water in between. And ugh the pain. My whole chest just felt terrible. So I had to lay down a bit. Then I cried and had a pity party for myself thinking wtf did I do to myself. Ugh. I just took a nice hot shower and am drinking water slowly and am smacking myself out of my pity party.

So how was the chicken salad. What did you make it with....

Oh that sucks. Maybe try a scrambled egg instead tomorrow or thinned out cream of wheat?

The chicken salad went great. I did a large can of chicken, 3 TBSP mayo, a tiny bit of celery seed, then salt and pepper. I took 20 mins to eat it and felt good.

Tonight for dinner I am making roasted chicken thighs, carrots and mashed potatoes......so I am going to puree one of the thighs for me then add some carrots and have a tiny bit of mashed potato too. We will see how that goes.

I start pureed foods today. Finally. :). That chicken salad sounds amazing!! Having a very off day today- stuck indoors again due to weather and I am going stir crazy.

Oh that sucks. Maybe try a scrambled egg instead tomorrow or thinned out cream of wheat?

The chicken salad went great. I did a large can of chicken, 3 TBSP mayo, a tiny bit of celery seed, then salt and pepper. I took 20 mins to eat it and felt good.

Tonight for dinner I am making roasted chicken thighs, carrots and mashed potatoes......so I am going to puree one of the thighs for me then add some carrots and have a tiny bit of mashed potato too. We will see how that goes.

How much did you eat? I think I will try chicken salad tonight. I have everything to make it.

5 minutes ago, trasib said:

I start pureed foods today. Finally. :). That chicken salad sounds amazing!! Having a very off day today- stuck indoors again due to weather and I am going stir crazy.

It's pouring here so I am inside too. That's ok though, I am crocheting a baby blanket so I'm busy. Tomorrow I will go to the gym and I can't wait.

That’s all I want to do. :). Hoping tomorrow it’s better outside and safer to travel.

5 minutes ago, CurvyMom said:

How much did you eat? I think I will try chicken salad tonight. I have everything to make it.

I ate 1/4 cup. That is the size my team has me starting with. It satisfied me.