Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jan 2019 bypass buddies

22 minutes ago, Jenwill630 said:

SimoneMonet- How did work go today?

I had my pre-op appt with my surgeon this morning! I am so excited!!! 20 days!
I will only have the liquid diet for 24 hours before...THANK GOD.

He had sent me to the other side of the office building to get my pre-op EKG taken care of and low and behold, it was also all my hospital admissions stuff. I did all my paperwork, insurance stuff, etc which was a nice surprise.
So now all I have to do is wait for the phone call the day before of what time I am to arrive and then when I get there, I go straight up to the surgical ward.

I had my pre-op yesterday (1/8/19). I actually had 5 appointments. 1) pre-op (surgery is 1/21/19), 2) heart sonogram with cardiologist, 3) blood work, 4) dietitian, and 5) stress test wit the cardiologist. I was surprised to learn I do not have to do clears for 2 week pre-op. My sheet says either 4 Protein Shakes a day or low calorie, low carbohydrate dies of no more than 50-60 carbs per day. No snack type foods, sweets, or starches (bread, rice, Pasta, potatoes, corn, peas, Cereal, crackers, etc.)

I am having a revision from sleeve to bypass.

1 hour ago, Jenwill630 said:

SimoneMonet- How did work go today?

I had my pre-op appt with my surgeon this morning! I am so excited!!! 20 days!
I will only have the liquid diet for 24 hours before...THANK GOD.

He had sent me to the other side of the office building to get my pre-op EKG taken care of and low and behold, it was also all my hospital admissions stuff. I did all my paperwork, insurance stuff, etc which was a nice surprise.
So now all I have to do is wait for the phone call the day before of what time I am to arrive and then when I get there, I go straight up to the surgical ward.

hey there - I actually went back to work Monday? yes, Monday. I apparently ran out of PTO days so! had to go back early. It was ok. My insides are still adjusting to where they need to 'sit'. I have not been able to keep up with everything I need to "eat" as far as fluids. My stomach says it is just too much so I think I'm a little swollen.

I did overdo it b/c I also worked my 8-10 hours, washed clothes, vacuumed, cleaned the kitchen washed dishes and then sat down to work. TBH, it *was* TOO much. I didn't feel the best. But by yesterday I was fine again and today I actually feel as though I never had the surgery. I am taking it slow b/c I don't want to risk anything.

YAY for only a 24-hour pre-op diet!! That's great. But I have to say, I'm not craving anything. It's so wierd. I only ask that my husband not eat anything crazy in front of me that will turn me into a insane person. I think I do have triggers..LOL.

20 days...the time will FLY!!!! Congrats!!

Edited by SimoneMonet

You need to slow down and take care of yourself

1 hour ago, CurvyMom said:

I haven't done that yet. I have lots of lists going on my phone but I didn't want to buy anything until after tomorrow. I have a decent amount of Protein Shakes because I drink them now but nothing else. I have about 2 cases right now, It will give me something to do over the next three weeks I figure LOL-- Shopping is always fun even for broth :)

So I'm going to tell you. THAT is exactly what has helped me the most was getting out to walk around grocery stores. I have 3 local stores that usually serve HOT low fat Soups - it's fun for me to get out and get my HOT Soup of the day and for dinner AND...it's definitely fun. I still have picked up an odd thing or two...a Gatorade flavor or unsweetened drink I haven't tried. So SUPER idea getting out to shop....and it IS fun!! :)

5 minutes ago, elcee said:

You need to slow down and take care of yourself

I completely agree. It wasn't by choice I did all of that. Unfortunately my husband is very ill and I had wanted to take the additional days off. Nevertheless, I am going to take it easier and my boss just sent me a note that he'd hire me a housekeeper for the next 4 months. 😮 So that's a little shocking and ever so kind.

What a fabulous boss

14 minutes ago, elcee said:

What a fabulous boss

He *is*..ty! I've been teary-eyed again for the last 10 mins thinking about his kindness. Great boss, good person.

15 hours ago, SimoneMonet said:

hey there - I actually went back to work Monday? yes, Monday. I apparently ran out of PTO days so! had to go back early. It was ok. My insides are still adjusting to where they need to 'sit'. I have not been able to keep up with everything I need to "eat" as far as fluids. My stomach says it is just too much so I think I'm a little swollen.

I did overdo it b/c I also worked my 8-10 hours, washed clothes, vacuumed, cleaned the kitchen washed dishes and then sat down to work. TBH, it *was* TOO much. I didn't feel the best. But by yesterday I was fine again and today I actually feel as though I never had the surgery. I am taking it slow b/c I don't want to risk anything.

YAY for only a 24-hour pre-op diet!! That's great. But I have to say, I'm not craving anything. It's so wierd. I only ask that my husband not eat anything crazy in front of me that will turn me into a insane person. I think I do have triggers..LOL.

20 days...the time will FLY!!!! Congrats!!

Oh that sucks so bad that you didn't have the PTO days!!!
Mine just restarted, so i am lucky. Plus my boss made an exception and let me carry over a week from 2018 into this year for my surgery. I only get 3 weeks vacation per year, so that is nice.

And holy **** how awesome of your boss to hire you a housekeeper!!!! That is just amazing!!!!! you are SO LUCKY.

I've had surgery before that had me on lifting and bending restrictions, so my family knows the drill. I'm lucky there, BUT now there is only 1 kid left at home....luckily it is our youngest and he is by far momma's boy. LOL He is very helpful so when my husband goes back out on the road a few days after my surgery, he will step in to help. And my neighbor told me last night that she would have him over for dinner any night so I don't have to cook for him. LOL

I had my surgery Jan 7th and I have to say afterwards was awful! My suregon said I had more pain than probably 90% of his patients. They kept giving me morphine which does not work on pain for me (didn't work when my gallbladder was removed either). So finally one nurse listened to me and got my meds switched to dilaudid which helped tremendously. The 8th went pretty good I walked a lot and got in quite a bit of water/broth/ Jello. Yesterday I got to go home the car ride home didn't make me feel so great. But I'm so glad to be home. My pain isn't very bad now and I can move around doing the little things I need to. I'm getting my Protein Shakes in and my Water.

image-0.00405311584472656.jpg

Im getting a VGS to RNY today. Wish me luck.

Goodluck

@Brittbrat sorry you had so much pain, hope it’s better now

10 hours ago, Brittbrat said:

I had my surgery Jan 7th and I have to say afterwards was awful! My suregon said I had more pain than probably 90% of his patients. They kept giving me morphine which does not work on pain for me (didn't work when my gallbladder was removed either). So finally one nurse listened to me and got my meds switched to dilaudid which helped tremendously. The 8th went pretty good I walked a lot and got in quite a bit of water/broth/ Jello. Yesterday I got to go home the car ride home didn't make me feel so great. But I'm so glad to be home. My pain isn't very bad now and I can move around doing the little things I need to. I'm getting my Protein Shakes in and my Water.

image-0.00405311584472656.jpg

Glad you're healing up - yep my first day was my MOST painful - they gave me a bottle of Oxycotin but I just wasn't going there. It seems to get easier and less painful day by day but pretty quickly! Yay that you're surgery is complete!!!

8 hours ago, paisita411 said:

Im getting a VGS to RNY today. Wish me luck.

Hope everything went well for you!!