Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

United Health care Choice plus ???



Recommended Posts

I’m on buisness day number 10 of waiting for a answer from United health care choice plus. I called a few times but they just tell me it’s still in review. They said they have 15 buisness days to make a decision. Is this a bad sign? Does it usually take this long? I’m scared I will be denied!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am still waiting as well. :( I’m getting nervous. Only because I want to get it before the end of the year. I do not want to start over with my deductible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m so nervous as well!!!! I don’t see why they would deny it, but I’m scared that thy will. And with it taking so long.....I’m scared it will be. How long have you been waiting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have United Health Care and I had forgotten that my surgeon had submitted for my approval. I swear I think they took the full 15 days. I don't know how your dr office works, but mine knew already what I needed to be approved and we did all the requirements and made sure they were made to the insurance specs before submitting for approval.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first visit with my surgeon was in September. The requirements I needed was the 6 month supervised weight management, which I already had from my primary care doctor. And a psych evaluation, which I did the same week. Plus the doctors office sent over 5 year medica history showing my BMI over a 40. Everything was sent over oct. 9th. I’m scared that they will deny it :( but I had everything they asked for.

2 hours ago, johnsons13 said:

I have United Health Care and I had forgotten that my surgeon had submitted for my approval. I swear I think they took the full 15 days. I don't know how your dr office works, but mine knew already what I needed to be approved and we did all the requirements and made sure they were made to the insurance specs before submitting for approval.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey I'm also currently waiting for approval! I have Choice Plus in Tx....

How long did it finally take? and where you Approved?

Im on Day 5, and sooo nervous !! Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have Choice Plus in Louisiana. Day 3 of waiting. We’re you guys eventually approved?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/23/2018 at 2:39 PM, chris_marie said:

I am still waiting as well. :( I’m getting nervous. Only because I want to get it before the end of the year. I do not want to start over with my deductible.

Did you ever get your answer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/4/2018 at 1:24 PM, TXMom*3 said:

Hey I'm also currently waiting for approval! I have Choice Plus in Tx....

How long did it finally take? and where you Approved?

Im on Day 5, and sooo nervous !! Thanks

Did you get your approval?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My surgeon's office is submitting to UHC today. She said they usually get it back in about 5 days, but it could take up to 15. I'm super nervous because I was denied a year ago. But I've been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes since then and my BMI went over 40 (though I'm under now after my physician assisted diet). I'm just hoping it gets approved smoothly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, apiane said:

My surgeon's office is submitting to UHC today. She said they usually get it back in about 5 days, but it could take up to 15. I'm super nervous because I was denied a year ago. But I've been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes since then and my BMI went over 40 (though I'm under now after my physician assisted diet). I'm just hoping it gets approved smoothly.

My approval ended up taking 8 days and my husbands took 10. We both submitted on the same day. Good luck to you! Waiting for approval is so nerve wrecking!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Krestel

      How can a bowel movement make me lose almost 4 pounds? How much poo am I full of?
      · 1 reply
      1. lvidacovich

        I haven't pooped in a weed and I'd love a 4 pound poo right now lol

    • *Meaghan*

      I met with my surgeon on Friday.. I've completed all my tests and all my nutrition meetings as well as meeting the weight loss requirements for my insurance. We are officially submitting to insurance for approval and I was given a surgery date of January 16th 2020 (13 days before my birthday!) Fingers crossed all goes through 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Krestel

      Ok, now im getting old...my body gets me up at my normal 5am dog walk even when it's the weekend, vacation, and most importantly when I'm sick. So now that I have more energy, my body wants to make sure I suffer even longer during the day when I have a cold! Damn being healthy again! (:D)
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • GreenTealael

      At my Primary Physician appt, the Doc said you know you lost a whole person. When you started seeing me you were 265lbs now you're 148lbs.
      She's right... I lost the fun me 😂 Joking Joking Joking. It's amazing who keeps track when you don't like insurance and browsers feeds
      · 2 replies
      1. Orchids&Dragons

        I think you're fun! You must have been a firecracker before!

      2. GreenTealael

        I don't even drink anymore 😂

    • Krestel

      First head cold since the surgery....at least I know that my body is back to "normal". /sigh
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×