Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do You? You know use that word!

Do you use the "N" word?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "N" word?

• No, NEVER!!
    • Yes, but in the past!
    • Yes, what's wrong with saying it...
    • OMG! I don't want to answer this..How dare you!!

If you think you are going to piss me off, you arent...All you do is fuel me and you dont even realize it. This is like my little entertainment in the world. Everyone has to have an enemy, and I enjoy being all of yours. You guys are SO entertaining, living in your perfect imaginary world. And you accuse me of having an imaginary world! HA! You guys cant even distinguish between reality and what you envision as perfection.

I'm 31 years old, I have no damn enemies!! See I live in the real world(all my life) , BTW! when I dream I dream in color when I fantasize(she is usually around) Sorry that a 20 year old pregnant "HAG" who is "QUEEN" of the Gay Balls..needs to get her entertainment by lying to others?!?!?!? For this to be a game, you sure told a lot...I suspect majority of it is lies to feed your need for attention!!

I'm 31 years old, I have no damn enemies!! See I live in the real world(all my life) , BTW! when I dream I dream in color when I fantasize(she is usually around) Sorry that a 20 year old pregnant "HAG" who is "QUEEN" of the Gay Balls..needs to get her entertainment by lying to others?!?!?!? For this to be a game, you sure told a lot...I suspect majority of it is lies to feed your need for attention!!

Trust me honey, if I needed any more attention than what I already get I would get it in real life and not the internet. You ASSUME that I am lying, but you do not know....you know what they say about assuming....Regardless of if Im lying or not, it is not the issue here, I simply stated my opinion. On which you attacked my person, not just my opinion. Isnt that a little hypocritical on your behalf?

Why did you put up a poll and ask a question to which you didnt want to know the whole answer?

I don't care who's bipolar or who isn't, bipolarish is not a diagnosis. Pretty sure it'll never make it into the DSM. Maybe that means "bipolar tendencies" (aka undiagnosed, and often misdiagnosed as with unipolar depression), or maybe it means "bipolar, but I'm not going to tell you that." Maybe not quite meeting enough of the diagnosis criteria. Maybe meeting the criteria for bipolar II but not bipolar I. Who knows. Not I. :cool:

I'm not a Jew, I'm Jewish.

ummm...not just my best friend is gay, all of them but like 2 are gay. I didnt just frequent the gay club, I practically lived there. I am friends with the owner, Aaron, and was there every Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday night. Rain or shine, cold or hot, happy or not. HAHAHAHA If you really hung around enough gays you would know that they are the kings of bashing! I swear, I cant take them anywhere that they dont almost cause a fight! Its hilarious though! I have no idea how many times Ive seen Chris McTaggert (my really really hot frat boy gay) have to kick some booty because he was talking smack about someone and they heard him!

I dont care if you believe anything I say, I really dont. Because frankly you dont matter. You arent a person to me in reality, I dont even know if you actually exist as you are, or if you are different. Apparently you DO exist in a form, but is it in the form you present here? Ill never meet you, Ill never know you, so what does it matter if you believe anything I say.

You can't hang with "them" when you're one of "them," and you live it 24/7!!

You can't hang with "them" when you're one of "them," and you live it 24/7!!

Whatever, just go on living your little fantasy life. Continue to ask questions that you dont want a whole answer to. You will stay pissed off all the time.

I don't care who's bipolar or who isn't, bipolarish is not a diagnosis. Pretty sure it'll never make it into the DSM. Maybe that means "bipolar tendencies" (aka undiagnosed, and often misdiagnosed as with unipolar depression), or maybe it means "bipolar, but I'm not going to tell you that." Maybe not quite meeting enough of the diagnosis criteria. Maybe meeting the criteria for bipolar II but not bipolar I. Who knows. Not I. :cool:

I'm not a Jew, I'm Jewish.

Not to mention that everything I've been able to find says that bipolar disorder should not be treated long-term with antidepressants (i.e., Prozac). And if they are used, they're supposed to be combined with mood stabilizers, not used by themselves.

SSDiva, just remember that I didnt attack you personally when I disagreed with you on the pro-choice thread. It is entirely inappropriate to attack someone based on their opinion when you asked for it, its like setting a trap for an argument.

Not to mention that everything I've been able to find says that bipolar disorder should not be treated long-term with antidepressants (i.e., Prozac). And if they are used, they're supposed to be combined with mood stabilizers, not used by themselves.

Im on Prozac right now because Im pregnant...I WAS on Seroquel, and asked to be switched to something else. I was switched to Abilify paired with Trazadone for sleep. When I found out I was pregnant I had to stop that medication and start Prozac for the duration of my pregnancy

There's a lot of debate around that, it's a hot topic in the last few years. Studies are showing that antidepressants (period, let alone long-term) can actually be risky for bipolar depression. This will explain it much more succinctly than I can: (from Bipolar II, Mood Swings without Mania; Brain Tours; Stress and Depression; Hormones and Mood; and more...)

The bottom line for this page: antidepressants may carry much more risk for people with bipolar disorder than is generally recognized. The evidence that they can cause "switching", bringing on a manic or hypomanic phase, is now quite clear. But the bigger risks may lie in the long term. There is substantial evidence that antidepressants can induce rapid cycling; indeed, it is a standard recommendation for the treatment of rapid cycling to withdraw any antidepressant. Yet more subtle "destabilizing" effects are possible. Antidepressants may make it more difficult to get a good outcome from an otherwise ineffective mood stabilizer treatment. There is even a concern that antidepressants may permanently alter the course of a person's bipolar illness, through a phenomenon called "kindling".

Therefore, considerable caution should be used before starting an antidepressant in a patient with bipolar disorder. Because we have data suggesting that they may not be effective at all in this condition, one can wonder why they should be used, given the accepted risks (switching, rapid cycling), let alone the more difficult-to-prove concerns about kindling.

Finally, some patients clearly do better if they stay on an antidepressant. However, new evidence raises further questions about just how many patients meet this description. In my view, nearly every patient with bipolar disorder deserves at least a significant trial, if not several, of a treatment approach without an antidepressant to see if this might work as well as when the antidepressant is included -- or, quite possibly, better.

Kindling refers to the theory of neurobiological evolution - every time the mania/depression hits (or other episodic classification), it becomes subsequently harder to treat.

Thus, to put it simply, brain cells that have been involved in an episode once are more likely to do so again, and more cells will become sensitized over time. This theory has been borne out by some research observations. For example, "there is evidence that the more mood episodes a person has, the harder it is to treat each subsequent episode..." thus taking the kindling analogy one step further: that a fire which has spread is harder to put out (Expert Consensus, 1997).

Oops that first link should be this one instead.

Im on Prozac right now because Im pregnant...I WAS on Seroquel, and asked to be switched to something else. I was switched to Abilify paired with Trazadone for sleep. When I found out I was pregnant I had to stop that medication and start Prozac for the duration of my pregnancy
If you don't mind me asking, why aren't you on lithium? That's proven to be fairly safe for pregnant woman.

If you don't mind me asking, why aren't you on lithium? That's proven to be fairly safe for pregnant woman.

LOL IDK? I really dont know that much except what my therapist tells me and what I have experienced personally. I didnt get the Prozac from from my therapist, I got it from my OBGYN./

And since I have quit drinking my episodes are far and few between, and are much more managable now that Im sober 24/7.

Thats what I like to see...a 20 year old pregnant self proclaimed "faghag" bar fly...LMMFAO...oh yeah, who is bi-polarish...WTF???????

I remember your posts earlier this year. When you posted about dating all these different guys. You were just as freakin crazy then.

LOL IDK? I really dont know that much except what my therapist tells me and what I have experienced personally. I didnt get the Prozac from from my therapist, I got it from my OBGYN./
You might want to ask your therapist about that, then, and make sure she knows that you weren't prescribed mood stabilizers to go with it.

This is some of what I was able to find about antidepressants and bipolar (emphasis mine):

Antidepressants have traditionally been used to treat episodes of bipolar depression. However, mounting evidence suggests that they aren’t effective. A major study funded by the National Institutes of Mental Health concluded that antidepressants don’t work any better than sugar pills in treating the symptoms of bipolar depression. If you are taking a mood stabilizer, there is no treatment benefit to adding an antidepressant during a depressive episode.

There are also serious safety concerns regarding the use of antidepressants for bipolar disorder treatment. First, antidepressants can trigger mania in people with bipolar disorder. Second, there is evidence that antidepressants may worsen the course of bipolar disorder over the long-term. Many experts believe that over time, antidepressant use in people with bipolar disorder has a mood destabilizing effect, increasing the frequency of manic and depressive episodes.

Because of the risks, antidepressant therapy for bipolar disorder should be limited. If an antidepressant is prescribed for a severe episode of depression, it should be discontinued once symptoms are under control. Antidepressants are not recommended for maintenance therapy.

Because antidepressants can trigger mania or hypomania in people with bipolar disorder, they must always be combined with a mood stabilizer such as lithium or valproate.