Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do You? You know use that word!

Do you use the "N" word?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "N" word?

• No, NEVER!!
    • Yes, but in the past!
    • Yes, what's wrong with saying it...
    • OMG! I don't want to answer this..How dare you!!

I thought you meant the F-word. I use that a lot. I never use the N-word. How nasty. I think only uneducated people use the n-word. Shame on me for getting it wrong. But I use the F-word a lot.

white people aren't the only ones who use the word to clear that up...I have alot of black friends who are offended by it but call each other that. And some of them could careless because they know that they are not N WORDS, the N-word by definition means ignorant and ANYONE can be that ignorant!! Racism pisses me off to no end! I don't know why people can't just love people because of who they are!! People discriminate over everything...your too skinny, your too fat, your to tall, your to short, your colored, your white, your gay, your straight, your male, your female, your this, your that....GET OVER IT PEOPLE GOD MADE US ALL DIFFERENT FOR A REASON. If we all looked and acted the same, life would be boring!!

white people aren't the only ones who use the word to clear that up...I have alot of black friends who are offended by it but call each other that. And some of them could careless because they know that they are not N WORDS, the N-word by definition means ignorant and ANYONE can be that ignorant!! Racism pisses me off to no end! I don't know why people can't just love people because of who they are!! People discriminate over everything...your too skinny, your too fat, your to tall, your to short, your colored, your white, your gay, your straight, your male, your female, your this, your that....GET OVER IT PEOPLE GOD MADE US ALL DIFFERENT FOR A REASON. If we all looked and acted the same, life would be boring!!

First of all, it is never nice to call people names whether it be "the 'N'" word or otherwise. That being said, I am an equal opportunity 'hater'. I dont like certain behaviors. I tend to get really bent out of shape when I see people not picking up their yards annd keeping their things tidy. I hate when I see kids NOT in their carseats and not being minded. I coul dgo on but I think you know what I mean. I dont care what race, religion, or socio-economic bracket you belong to, if you are acting like an idiot you are going to get attitude from me. I check myself before making assumptions about race, gender, sexual orientation and the like. I prefer to let peoples actions speak for them.

I thought you meant the F-word. I use that a lot. I never use the N-word. How nasty. I think only uneducated people use the n-word. Shame on me for getting it wrong. But I use the F-word a lot.

HAHAHA my thoughts exactly! How funny you said this!

I think as generations go by, skin color will be less and less important, it is already becoming of less importance, you can see it in schools now, I think it is humans evolving, finally, but it is one of the gems of younger generations (in my opinion) that they judge skin color or sexuality less than their parents or grandparents.

I occasionally used this word with my friends or family, mostly to describe moronic white-gangster wannabes when i was in high school (i grew up in Northern WI, 98% white people).

Interestingly enough (or not) I seen a southpark episode on this word, where Token told stan or kyle (i don't remember) that they'd just never get it, the pain in it, for people who are hurt by it. And it really hit home, because that is how I feel about the word FAT, for my own sake, I wish I didn't but it is just a part of me, even when I was very thin for a short time, it was a very offensive word. (It always upsets me, i feel injustice when I hear it being used to escribe people on TV, being tossed around like it's no big deal.)

Anyways, I vowed to never say that word again, because I finally get it, but I feel sadness at my ignorance, but thankful my daughter will not be taught that foolishness.

I (heart) the F bomb.

Things are a little different in Australia. I am from Australian/English blood and I NEVER use the N-word! I actually wondered why we needed to ask the question as it would never be said here.

In Sydney, we have a very multi-cultural society and I love it - greek, italian, lebanese, eastern european, african, vietnamese, chinese...the list goes on. Yes, we also have native inhabitants of Australia - aborigines. I also NEVER use the A-word!

In Australia it kind of went in reverse. In my primary school which was very multi-cultural, I was often called a "Skip", short for skippy the bush kangaroo, an Australian TV show in the 70s. People from foreign countries were often called "wogs".

We have the same thing as many other posters, in that "wogs" can call each other the name, but it is not nice for australians to call them that. So, no matter how far we are from the US, we are all the same.

I do not use the terms I have mentioned, they are degrading and lose the opportunity to be enriched by these different cultures, they have so much to offer. I don't know where I would be without my sister's lebanese pastries (she is now Muslim) or my mother-in-laws cabbage rolls - well, I do, I AM on LBT!

I hatehatehate that word with a passion!

I grew up in a teeny tiny town of 500 people - all white. My only exposure to ANY other culture was through TV. Thank God for the Cosby show! I think if back then, I was exposed to how many African Americans are portrayed on TV today I'd believe differently than I do. I craved culture and difference. It is no surprise to my family that my little sister married a Mexican, and I only date African American men. Most don't agree with our choices, but it is what it is. Most of my brothers (i have 7 of them) are very racist. It makes me sick to my stomach. And my oldest brother is teaching hate to his three children. The oldest is 11 and was shocked to find out that I had 'gays' as friends! SHe said I would burn in Hell for accepting their 'behavior'!!! DO people REALLY feel this way?!?! It's insanity. GOD LOVES US ALL AND GIVES US FREEDOM OF CHOICE. If HE can accept us and love us, why can't we at least be TOLERANT of each other?

Just my 2 cents...

Racism sucks.

I was raised in the 'bad part' of Chicago and was referred to as 'white trash'. My neighbors were different races. I never learned racism because I learned that we all are human....red, white, yellow, brown and black. I learned it because these were my friends.

As a teen I moved back to Little Rock Ark. I went to Central High during the tense insane time.. The racism was HORRID. They called me a N... Lover because I spoke out.

I absolutely hate racism and it exists all over the world.

First of all, it is never nice to call people names whether it be "the 'N'" word or otherwise. That being said, I am an equal opportunity 'hater'. I dont like certain behaviors. I tend to get really bent out of shape when I see people not picking up their yards annd keeping their things tidy. I hate when I see kids NOT in their carseats and not being minded. I coul dgo on but I think you know what I mean. I dont care what race, religion, or socio-economic bracket you belong to, if you are acting like an idiot you are going to get attitude from me. I check myself before making assumptions about race, gender, sexual orientation and the like. I prefer to let peoples actions speak for them.

I hate the burgs where people have to keep grass as a lawn and look like every one else for the sake of 'tidyness'. ESPECIALLY when to do it harms the environment....I'm prejudice to those people.

I hate the burgs where people have to keep grass as a lawn and look like every one else for the sake of 'tidyness'. ESPECIALLY when to do it harms the environment....I'm prejudice to those people.

I think there is a line people cross when the way they keep up their belongings brings down the property value of their neighbors.

The "N" word, hummmmm..... Another word used just to hurt someone. I have to admit (sadly) I have used the word as I was raised in a small southern town. This was in my youth before I realized how this word can truly hurt someone. Fortunately I learned what this word can do to someone, the same as being called FAT!!! The only time the "N" word has been used now in my home is to explain to my grandchildren that it's used only to hurt or shame someone, and that is not acceptable.....

I think I might have blown it, eh. You see, I thought that the F-word referred to the FU word and this is one of my faves. I use this as a noun, verb, adjective, and ad-fu..ing verb. But now I suspect that we are talking about the F as in Fatty word. I use 'em both but I really am inclined to abuse the FU word.

I think there is a line people cross when the way they keep up their belongings brings down the property value of their neighbors.

Actually my life partner BF or DH as we call him (we've been living in sin for 10 years) is a nut about neatness. We live in the southwest, in the foothills of the Gila Wilderness, where many people use rocks to lanscape with. Well my honey spends the summer pulling tumblweed and tending to our wild flower landscaping.... he even bought an empty adjoining acre because it was full of tumbleweed. Now it is full of native wild flowers, trees and shrubs. No blue grass lawns and no mowing. I like the native stuff and abhor the crap brought in from places that are foreign to the environment.

Like when I lived in the burgs of Chicago (most of my life) they were nuts about architecture that was was alien and with phoney mowed blue grass lawns. And this is the place where they had some of the great architects (thinking of Frank Lyod Wright and Sullivan for a few). OK I'm a bit of a snob, but I like it.

Hey all if my cartoon shows then I have figured out how to do it......4_1_219.gifGet it??????????

Attached Images11666d1200964559-hey-50-over-gang-we-have-new-spot-how-make-love-jpg.jpg