Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do You? You know use that word!

Do you use the "N" word?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "N" word?

• No, NEVER!!
    • Yes, but in the past!
    • Yes, what's wrong with saying it...
    • OMG! I don't want to answer this..How dare you!!

I would never use it only because it is unnecessary. I feel like it is a waste . I also feel that when black people use it with themselves it only makes them look uneducated. My husband is black and feels the same way. He would never address someone using that word.

I think like it's OK if you are African american to use the N word about yourself and your friends. Like I am fat, so I say " I'm fat, F_A_T, fat", but if someone else said I am fat. I'd get damed well pissed off. Or I say "I was raised as White Trash and I'm not ashamed of it". But today I have a Masters degree and live in a half a million dollar house. It is like it is OK to poke fun at yourself.

LOL (minor thread hijack) I have an aunt that has no less than 20 broken cars on her property that are packed full of *things*. her nieghbors are not happy. I prefer native plants, myself. Less work for me.

Actually my life partner BF or DH as we call him (we've been living in sin for 10 years) is a nut about neatness. We live in the southwest, in the foothills of the Gila Wilderness, where many people use rocks to lanscape with. Well my honey spends the summer pulling tumblweed and tending to our wild flower landscaping.... he even bought an empty adjoining acre because it was full of tumbleweed. Now it is full of native wild flowers, trees and shrubs. No blue grass lawns and no mowing. I like the native stuff and abhor the crap brought in from places that are foreign to the environment.

Like when I lived in the burgs of Chicago (most of my life) they were nuts about architecture that was was alien and with phoney mowed blue grass lawns. And this is the place where they had some of the great architects (thinking of Frank Lyod Wright and Sullivan for a few). OK I'm a bit of a snob, but I like it.

Hey all if my cartoon shows then I have figured out how to do it......4_1_219.gifGet it??????????

Attached Images11666d1200964559-hey-50-over-gang-we-have-new-spot-how-make-love-jpg.jpg

I have to say that this thread had irritated me. I wonder what type of people some of you associate yourselves with. So far I've read that people who are on welfare are hateful and demeaning. Why that is so I'm not sure, but that's what kagoscuba wrote. He also wrote that he likes to call some people white trash, but didn't bother to go into explicit detail about those people as he did with the hateful and demeaning black people. Speaking of black people - why, I have to wonder, does it bother kagoscuba what language these people speak or what they want to be called. If Kago wants to be called American, that's fine - more power to him. If African Americans want to be called African Americans whats the problem? And please find better reasoning for not wanting to call African Americans African Americans. To not want to call them African Americans because they can't speak a sentence in an African language is assinine. Check your history books to find out why African Americans cannot speak African Languages. And what makes Kago American? Simply being born on "American" soil? If memory serves me correctly, "America" was inhabited when Amergio Vespucie landed here and when that raping, robbing, murderer Columbus got lost and landed in what is now called Florida. I am not fond of the use of the N word - especially by people who do not fully understand the pain of it. That includes olive colored people who's children think they are brown. That also includes people who take it upon themselves to speak for their black girlfriends and decided that the C word is more disdained than the N word. But I guess if you all are going to have this discussion you chose the correct forum - an annonymous one. I wonder how many of you would be willing to talk about this in a forum where the participants and audience could see your faces and follow you to your cars, or recognize you from their places of employment, or the local grocery store, or the PTO or boyscouts meeting. I guess hiding behind something (be it a keyboard or sheets) is just what some people do best. Those people deserve to be called the C word. That's right - I think those people are Cowards.

It seems that the new N-word is the C-word and, nope, Soviet Canuckistani* Green is not referring to those fun Anglo-Saxon words which refer to this biz of our genital equipment, eh. Far from it! I have heard that black folk are now referred to as Canadians in the deep south. It seems that this is in the way of being a euphemism....

Well, what can I say other than I am oh so excited, eh. You must understand that up until now Canucks* have suffered from a very bluddy dismal street profile. Oh, yah, we rank high among the world's most boring nations.

Of course I am pretty excited. The truth is that I am now anxious to tell my story. This is going to be called Canuck Like Me, Eh?

*It was the ill-educated and ultra right-wing American politician, Pat Robertson, who first referred to my country as Soviet Canuckistan.

As for me, I find that I now have my new fantasies........ I am thinking of a tell-all memoir story: Canuck Like Me (eh).

I am certainly feeling much more comfortable about this notion of pulling up my biggy grrl cheap junk-ass synthethic-material panties. I feel that I now have rhythm. I even feel that I can now toss aside the ultra-mega-final and exreme sunblock which has kept me trapped, like some kind of freak, skipping out of enjoying some of the land of daylight city.

This grrl is highly amused to hear about this biz of that appalling raft of mean-spirited, ebonics-yapping bunch of fellow Canucks causing grief south of the border, eh. Green sure is hoping that all Canucks display her ease in comunication, and she sure as hell is hoping that her fellow Canucks will cut her some slack because this grrl can't dance, can't jump, and can't play any instrument apart from a sound system.

It seems that the new N-word is the C-word and, nope, Soviet Canuckistani* Green is not referring to those fun Anglo-Saxon words which refer to this biz of our genital equipment, eh. Far from it! I have heard that black folk are now referred to as Canadians in the deep south. It seems that this is in the way of being a euphemism....

Well, what can I say other than I am oh so excited, eh. You must understand that up until now Canucks* have suffered from a very bluddy dismal street profile. Oh, yah, we rank high among the world's most boring nations.

Of course I am pretty excited. The truth is that I am now anxious to tell my story. This is going to be called Canuck Like Me, Eh?

*It was the ill-educated and ultra right-wing American politician, Pat Robertson, who first referred to my country as Soviet Canuckistan.

As for me, I find that I now have my new fantasies........ I am thinking of writing a tell-all memoir story: Canuck Like Me (eh).

I sure am feeling much more comfortable about this notion of pulling up my biggy grrl cheap junk-ass synthethic-material panties now that I am aware that there are whole bunch o Canuckis loitering south of the --- hmmm --- border.

As for me, I find that I now have my new fantasies........ I am thinking of a tell-all memoir story: Canuck Like Me (eh).

I am certainly feeling much more comfortable about this notion of pulling up my biggy grrl cheap junk-ass synthethic-material panties

Old thread I know, but I stumbled in. Green, I have never heard of the "Canadian" thing (but that doesn't make it any less valid).

I hate this word, just hearing it gives me chills

LOL (minor thread hijack) I have an aunt that has no less than 20 broken cars on her property that are packed full of *things*. her nieghbors are not happy. I prefer native plants, myself. Less work for me.

:regular_smile:seems like it took forever to get back, sorry. One of the things I love about the southwest is that one doesn't have grass lawns or if they do it is just a small area. The rest can be beautiful flowers and shrubs (hopefully, native and Water conserving.)

BACK TO OUR THREAD on the N word

I'm reading a true story ANN RULE book and she writes about how bigoted and cruel people were toward mixed race marriages, back in the early 70's.

It was actually illegal to marry in some states!!!!!!! And the kids were teased and bullied at school. WOW.... the USA is changing, but it took a long time.

Using the N word.

Black folk can use that word because they own it. I understand the context of it being used with each other and with close friends and comaraderie between that race. It only matters if someone outside that race uses it, then that is a no no. It's a term of affection, kinness and such that a lot of blacks use among themselves.

Reid used the term Negro. People are offended by it because he is not black, so thus can't use it without bringing censor. Black folk would never use it because it's an old term and the fact that he said it in real time means his thinking might be back then as well. Correction" SOme older black folk use it among themselves just not in public like Reid did.

there are many words i don't like...being called a bi#@h..but i cant stop the world from using that word....shutup..etc...and i dont used them..i can't mandate that the world not us a word....

some people think you can be racist if you use certain words or even adjutives to describe someone and then use the word themselves...this topic infuriates me

my son was called a cracker numerous times and nothing was done about it...he called a name back and was sepended for a day..rediculous..i fought the school and told them any form of racism should be punished not just the pc one's

Ughh. I hate this word. Growing up (and still living) in a small town I hear it a lot, and that is unfortunate. My big pet peeve is when people try to justify saying it by saying that not all black people are (the n word) just the jobless ones with five kids relying on welfare. I don't care who it is, you don't call someone that hateful name. And where I come from I've seen PLENTY of white people doing that very thing. If the only time you leave your house is to pick up your welfare check- that's a problem (no matter what race you are).

Don't get me wrong- assistance is a good thing when it's used the way it's supposed to be but too many people abuse it. Heck, I have a friend who got laid off of his welding job over a year ago and has been sitting around collecting unemployment and plans to continue to do so until they cut him off. He'll be the first to tell you that 'it's awesome, I'm getting paid for sitting on my ass.' And he wonders why no girl is interested in dating him...

That said, I get equally irritated when black people say it too. I know they say they are 'taking back' the word, but who wants it?? Do you want your kids calling eachother that yucky name?

Now, THAT said, I must agree with an earlier poster who said that they're irritated when black people who were born and raised in the US call themselves African Americans. My family is from Germany, but I don't refer to myself as German-American. Shouldn't we all be celebrating that we are from America- wouldn't that bring us closer together? Granted, I don't get all bent out of shape about it- it doesn't affect me- just an observation.

While I'm on my soapbox I would also just like to add: BET, Ebony Magazine, Black Awards shows: is this not some form of racism in itself? There is no White Entertainment TV (nor should there be), or Ivory Magazine, White Awards shows... can you imagine? As a matter of fact wouldn't it be an insult to get a scholarship because of your skin color- as if you couldn't get in on your merits alone?

Bottom line is: Every race has its less savory members. Just like there are credits to every race. No race is superior to another race. None. Ever.