Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

I had a great food day yesterday. Note to self: let your criminis dry out in the fridge for a while. They become a VERY dense Protein like substance and fill my pouch up! Ha! It is one of the few meals I couldn't finish even though I' eat the equivalent of about 2eggs + veggies all the time. I actually have an "AFTER" photo for you! :D

Had a hankerin for my "quicky" faux egg foo young and so I did it and used Sriracha, sesame seeds, and WF Asian dressing (a SERIOUS compromise) LOL, but it was tasty none-the-less. My macros were more than expected, but not crazy. And well-within the JUDDDD format: 1045cals; 74g protein; 58g fat; 36g carbs; 9g Fiber (low); 29g net carbs; 5g sug

Here were the food photos:

B2 - Veggie Egg Foo Young

veggieeggfooyoung090418_3590web.thumb.jpg.daeddbd45e3c241b7bf887918e768315.jpg

veggieeggfooyoung090418AFTER_3592web.thumb.jpg.1fe9b6f1ad853f137115273ac22ea329.jpg

L-Sardine Nicoise salad (so dang good!)

sardinenicoisesalad090418_3597web.thumb.jpg.9247ee8923b1b8aec24044cb4bb3a289.jpg

D-Chicken + On-sale Ribeye with Broccoli and Avo/Tom Salad

grilled-chicken-ribeye-broccoli-avo-tomato090418_web.thumb.jpg.6bff18bdf639d56643b1517403c7a209.jpg

09.05.18: Down Day (DD) 500 cals: 60%Protein (75g); 15%Carbs (19g--total non-net); 25%Fat (14g); Fiber where I can; <10g daily natural sugars

B1: Decaff-black/unsweetened; Colace; Miralax

B2: Egg White Puff sans cheese (ew, turkey crumbles, mushrooms, baby spin, on/bp/celery blend)

L: green Soup with boiled shrimp (Herb Ox no sodium chicken bouillon + Organic broth + froz chopped collards, frozen cauliflower + spices and Sontava sauce

AS: BH blackened turkey

D: grilled salmon, green Beans, grape tomatoes

Vitamins: 2 multis, 1500mg Ca Cit, 18mg Iron + C; 100mg Thiamin; 1000mg B12 subling -- don't count the values into daily totals for cals/carbs. Sue me.

(click to enlarge)

090418DD_500cal.thumb.JPG.563c8be047e91329846cdd049818d254.JPG

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

Well that is one of the advantages of having RNY, is the shortened time it takes to move food through the areas of digestion/absorption. It has been one of the theories of why people lose more weight with RNY on average. But I think they are re-thinking that position in later research?

@Green Tealael I'm so sorry you have to deal with that issue. If I were you I'd get a consult from the doc. My sis has that issue--has had it all her life. I too think it's like SIBO. :( It really is tough on her and I feel so bad for her.

I hope you can find answers! You should totally keep a food diary with effects added to it. That way you can pinpoint when and how it happens. I guess you've tried using/taking Probiotics etc?

Oh it's not a problem unless I'm traveling in NYC, Paris, etc. You know major $hi++y cities that make you basically pay to use the restrooms if there even is one lol

So I eat and stay close to place with restrooms no big deal (it's not explosive) but I was traveling for a few hrs without a chance to stop so I knew it would be a problem if I ate during that time which coincided with non fast hrs. So I screwed myself. Live and learn.

Otherwise it's just quicker digestive flow and I absolutely love it. I know exactly when things go in and out. (TMI?)

It has improved after VSG and even more after IF. I enjoy it most of the time, I wasn't this regular before.

3 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Oh it's not a problem unless I'm traveling in NYC, Paris, etc. You know major $hi++y cities that make you basically pay to use the restrooms if there even is one lol

So I eat and stay close to place with restrooms no big deal (it's not explosive) but I was traveling for a few hrs without a chance to stop so I knew it would be a problem if I ate during that time which coincided with non fast hrs. So I screwed myself. Live and learn.

Otherwise it's just quicker digestive flow and I absolutely love it. I know exactly when things go in and out. (TMI?)

It has improved after VSG and even more after IF. I enjoy it most of the time, I wasn't this regular before.

Yay! Damn my reading comprehension issues! I thought you said it had gotten worse since surgery and IF. LOL> Derp! I'm glad it's better. And in that situation, I would have done exactly as you did!!! ((hugs)) I hope the food pics didn't make it harder for you? Do you want me to limit them or quit posting 'em?

2 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Yay! Damn my reading comprehension issues! I thought you said it had gotten worse since surgery and IF. LOL> Derp! I'm glad it's better. And in that situation, I would have done exactly as you did!!! ((hugs)) I hope the food pics didn't make it harder for you? Do you want me to limit them or quit posting 'em?

Why? I like food pics, I don't have any food temptations. Someone could eat right next to me while I'm fasting, which happened, I could care less...

@FluffyChix ... damn, I need you to be my personal chef!

I am super impressed how you plan out a whole day. I have no clue what I will eat from meal to meal, much less a whole day ahead!

2 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

@FluffyChix ... damn, I need you to be my personal chef!

I am super impressed how you plan out a whole day. I have no clue what I will eat from meal to meal, much less a whole day ahead!

True story, I have a rough idea if I meal prep, but nothing ever so fancy. I'm just planning for vegetarian vs flexible days ...

I feel like I have to plan or else I end up snacking. And I can destroy a whole day of good intentions with one snack of 300-400 cals (and it's not even that much food!!)--then I never end up reaching my Protein goal either--it's usually down in the 50s. Not critically terrible, but not my surgeon's or RDs goal for me.

I know if I at least plan a baseline (and it's easy now, cuz I eat repeat foods for the most part--maybe 80-90% of the time) and I've saved those meals in MFP. So I just search my meals and boom it's done. But then I may shift things up to change them around a little, like I did with craving Chinese for Breakfast. Yes. Chinese for brekky! Gah! So screwed. LOL.

Thank y'all for liking my food. No one really believes that I don't have a problem cuz I still keep cals so low at times. But I eat an ass-load of food for that amount!! My RD was much less concerned about me not having 1000-1200cals of food once she saw my food pics on my phone. LOL. I do honestly fear I eat too much volume, but she (nor the surgeon) seem one bit concerned and that perplexes me.

I would love to be a personal chef! I used to cook professionally and kept a low carb blog: fluffychixcook

but I quit keeping it when I got so sick and my lymphedema in my cancer arm got so big. It was just too much energy and effort and pain. Plus I still need to elevate that arm a lot to keep the Fluid drained.

Edited by FluffyChix

3 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

I feel like I have to plan or else I end up snacking. And I can destroy a whole day of good intentions with one snack of 300-400 cals (and it's not even that much food!!)--then I never end up reaching my Protein goal either--it's usually down in the 50s. Not critically terrible, but not my surgeon's or RDs goal for me.

I know if I at least plan a baseline (and it's easy now, cuz I eat repeat foods for the most part--maybe 80-90% of the time) and I've saved those meals in MFP. So I just search my meals and boom it's done. But then I may shift things up to change them around a little, like I did with craving Chinese for Breakfast. Yes. Chinese for brekky! Gah! So screwed. LOL.

Thank y'all for liking my food. No one really believes that I don't have a problem cuz I still keep cals so low at times. But I eat an ass-load of food for that amount!! My RD was much less concerned about me not having 1000-1200cals of food once she saw my food pics on my phone. LOL. I do honestly fear I eat too much volume, but she (nor the surgeon) seem one bit concerned and that perplexes me.

I would love to be a personal chef! I used to cook professionally and keep a low carb blog: fluffychixcook

but I quit keeping it when I got so sick and my lymphedema in my cancer arm got so big. It was just too much energy and effort and pain. Plus I still need to elevate that arm a lot to keep the Fluid drained.

Any possibility of restarting it, just more relaxed?

Yesterday was a good IF day. Did all my eating in a 4 hour window. Low cals, and almost met my Protein goals (I have a hard time meeting these). I also did more than my 64 oz of fluids, and got back on my supplement program. Staying on plan is sooo much easier for me when I'm at home.

5b8ff22ee1769_ScreenShot09-05-18at07_52AM.png.b3640ad77dbb6018b6bc1f38963df703.png

Today is a travel day, so no IF for me today. And my log will not look nearly as clean and healthy, lol! Unlike @GreenTealael, I definitely have food temptations :P

1 minute ago, GreenTealael said:

Any possibility of restarting it, just more relaxed?

IDK. Maybe? If I did, I think I have to decide if I make a new one that's bariatric with healthy food (lower carb/controlled carb). We still have to eat lower carb cuz of my lifelong insulin resistance and also cuz of Mr. F's T2. But I know the amount of fat we now use in cooking is completely diff from FCC and isn't really mainstream low carb fare any longer.

Plus, I'm still trying to figure out about the lymphedema thing and we're I'm going with it. It's actually gotten more painful now with the weight loss, cuz the foldy skin keeps rubbing against clothing and irritating the neuralgia.

10 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Yesterday was a good IF day. Did all my eating in a 4 hour window. Low cals, and almost met my Protein goals (I have a hard time meeting these). I also did more than my 64 oz of fluids, and got back on my supplement program. Staying on plan is sooo much easier for me when I'm at home.

5b8ff22ee1769_ScreenShot09-05-18at07_52AM.png.b3640ad77dbb6018b6bc1f38963df703.png

Today is a travel day, so no IF for me today. And my log will not look nearly as clean and healthy, lol! Unlike @GreenTealael, I definitely have food temptations :P

Wow girlie!!! Good on you for getting back on the supps!!!!!! And for getting your food/protein up!!! Is there any chance you can get another 1/2 bottle of Protein Drink down -- like with your lunch? Or use it as Creamer in lattes or iced coffee even iced chai tea? It disguises it.

Wow! BTW, I'm SUPER impressed you could get 51g of Protein in during a 4 hour window!!!! Holy sh*t mamacita!

Edited by FluffyChix

1 minute ago, FluffyChix said:

Wow girlie!!! Good on you for getting back on the supps!!!!!! And for getting your food/protein up!!! Is there any chance you can get another 1/2 bottle of Protein Drink down -- like with your lunch? Or use it as Creamer in lattes or iced coffee even iced chai tea? It disguises it.

If I had just finished the Soup, I would have been almost there, lol!

I'm not much of a coffee drinker, or a tea drinker, although I do like chai, but mainly the sugary kind :P. I'll have to try the PP Caramel again, and try making faux Vietnamese coffee. I was on a Vietnamese coffee kick are returning from there, so maybe it's time to revisit. Or the caramel or vanilla in some traditional chai tea. Hmm ... good ideas. :D

About a month post op I became intolerant of whey, so that eliminates a lot of Protein Shakes, bars etc. But that could have changed in the last 6 months or so, so it's worth giving it a shot. I can't stand the vanilla Muscle Milk, so if the PP doesn't work for me I'll have to find a non-whey, non-chocolate shake that I can tolerate.

Just now, sillykitty said:

If I had just finished the Soup, I would have been almost there, lol!

I'm not much of a coffee drinker, or a tea drinker, although I do like chai, but mainly the sugary kind :P. I'll have to try the PP Caramel again, and try making faux Vietnamese coffee. I was on a Vietnamese coffee kick are returning from there, so maybe it's time to revisit. Or the caramel or vanilla in some traditional chai tea. Hmm ... good ideas. :D

About a month post op I became intolerant of whey, so that eliminates a lot of Protein Shakes, bars etc. But that could have changed in the last 6 months or so, so it's worth giving it a shot. I can't stand the vanilla Muscle Milk, so if the PP doesn't work for me I'll have to find a non-whey, non-chocolate shake that I can tolerate.

Oh dang! That's tough with whey intolerance! Actually I HATE the PP Peaches and Cream by itself, but it's the bomb in iced tea! It's sweet, but not cloying. Some might even want it peachier with Mio drops or something? I hope the PP caramel works for you. I absolutely LOVE the PP Bananas and Cream in iced coffee or make a frapp out of it. In the early days, I could get way more Protein drink in when it was disguised and diluted in other liquids like the decaff coffee and decaff tea. And the ice in them, made it even easier.

And damn I used to adore Vietnamese coffee when I lived in Denver. We used to go to a little place called Tee Wa's (sp? Can't remember the spelling so that's phonetic). Homemade pulled noodles, fried soft shell crab rolls, and Vietnamese Coffee! Hold me.

12 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

And damn I used to adore Vietnamese coffee when I lived in Denver. We used to go to a little place called Tee Wa's (sp? Can't remember the spelling so that's phonetic). Homemade pulled noodles, fried soft shell crab rolls, and Vietnamese Coffee! Hold me.

I am usually happy with my tiny stomach capacity and am glad I am satisfied with so little. One of the few exceptions is when I go to little Saigon, I just want to keep eating!