Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

You can do it! (Oh god...the summer swimsuit season...*sob*) I can't wait to watch. Will you post your experiment here? Like your menus/volume you eat?

I'm still trying to hit my 140lb goal. I was back down to 142, then up to 146. Today I'm at 144lbs. And yeah, would love to be able to drop 10 by the summer. It's so very hard. I'm back to doing 10K+ steps per day. It takes me longer than 1 hour, so I'm going as far as I can and consistently getting over 3miles/day. But little to no movement.

Trying to trick my body with doing diff cals each day. Now trying to hold carbs to 30 whole carbs/day again to see if I can get over 0.5 on the Keto meter.

I did finish eating at 7pm last night, so today I started eating at 1pm so not to push the time window. Would like to start narrowing that back towards 7pm. Having a ginormous green smoothie for first meal. I also put psyllium husk in it (10g) but don't count it cuz it makes me so mad to see the calories and carbs from it when all I'm having is 30g carbs/day. I know it does count and that I'm lying to myself...oh well. LOL.

image.png.569e531b6df891dd6c97d97fb9de66d3.png

29 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

You can do it! (Oh god...the summer swimsuit season...*sob*) I can't wait to watch. Will you post your experiment here? Like your menus/volume you eat?

I'm still trying to hit my 140lb goal. I was back down to 142, then up to 146. Today I'm at 144lbs. And yeah, would love to be able to drop 10 by the summer. It's so very hard. I'm back to doing 10K+ steps per day. It takes me longer than 1 hour, so I'm going as far as I can and consistently getting over 3miles/day. But little to no movement.

Trying to trick my body with doing diff cals each day. Now trying to hold carbs to 30 whole carbs/day again to see if I can get over 0.5 on the Keto meter.

I did finish eating at 7pm last night, so today I started eating at 1pm so not to push the time window. Would like to start narrowing that back towards 7pm. Having a ginormous green smoothie for first meal. I also put psyllium husk in it (10g) but don't count it cuz it makes me so mad to see the calories and carbs from it when all I'm having is 30g carbs/day. I know it does count and that I'm lying to myself...oh well. LOL.

image.png.569e531b6df891dd6c97d97fb9de66d3.png

I will try! I got all the way down to 150lbs in Feb without trying but didn't like the looks of it. Now when I go lower I will keep plastics in mind as the ultimate goal so I don't scare myself 😂

But im constantly talking myself in and out of that too lol

Edited by GreenTealael

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

IDK you maybe right I still feel like im drinking more than eating for certain but I will keep much better track now. Maybe 3-4 times and the usual suspects. I was not working on weightloss with IF before but now I will try for another 10lbs for the summer swimsuit season lol

Two years ago, could you imagine worrying about swimsuit season?

45 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Two years ago, could you imagine worrying about swimsuit season?

No and yes...

Lol i was still rocking one pieces with my thick $€×y self lol 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 i did not care... The pool was going to get the body i was going to give ittttttttt 😂😂😂😂😂😂

But now

Have mercy. Insecure.

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

But now

Have mercy. Insecure.

Why are we always our own worst critics? I mean, crap, aren't there enough mean people in the world, we gotta let one live in our head, too? You will rock it like a hurricane, girl!

1 minute ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Why are we always our own worst critics? I mean, crap, aren't there enough mean people in the world, we gotta let one live in our head, too? You will rock it like a hurricane, girl!

I agree. The thinner i get the more self conscious i get. I think its because things fall apart at a certain weight... Oh Miami or MX or DR here i come lol

33 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Motivation? Or just eye candy... Why not both 😂

Is it exercise if I sweat while I watch the video? 😮

36 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

That's fascinating!

How cool!! Sitting here drink a cup now! 🤩 Doxorubicin=Red Devil. Gosh I hated that drug! But it did it’s job. So weird how things change. 8 years ago my onc made me stay away from all Vitamins and antioxidants—especially ECGC in green tea. They didn’t want to risk it protecting the cancer from the chemo and radiation. Won’t it be cool for this to translate to human cancers to become a super killer?!! Thanks for sharing. I always love your shares!

Okay guys. I tried to back read some of this thread, but 143 pages was too much, lol

I’m currently 32 days post-op and just finished Dr Fung’s book.
I’m trying to decide what kind of IF routine I want to follow but I have a couple of concerns that I hope you more experienced peeps can help me with.

I’m trying to decide between 24 or 36 hr fasting intervals, but my main concern is that I’m still struggling to eat more than 1/4 cup food earlier in the day after “fasting” overnight.
By dinner time, I’ve drank enough Water that I’ve loosened up my sleeve, but I’m kind of worried what fasting for 24 or more hours will do.
I’ll definitely want to eat on opposite days, but even now it’s a struggle to eat even 500 calories on a good eating day.

I’m ready to get into the habit while my appetite is naturally suppressed by my recent surgery, but worried that I won’t be able to get in enough nutrients on the days I actually do eat.

All thoughts and experiences appreciated please

18 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

Okay guys. I tried to back read some of this thread, but 143 pages was too much, lol

I’m currently 32 days post-op and just finished Dr Fung’s book.
I’m trying to decide what kind of IF routine I want to follow but I have a couple of concerns that I hope you more experienced peeps can help me with.

I’m trying to decide between 24 or 36 hr fasting intervals, but my main concern is that I’m still struggling to eat more than 1/4 cup food earlier in the day after “fasting” overnight.
By dinner time, I’ve drank enough Water that I’ve loosened up my sleeve, but I’m kind of worried what fasting for 24 or more hours will do.
I’ll definitely want to eat on opposite days, but even now it’s a struggle to eat even 500 calories on a good eating day.

I’m ready to get into the habit while my appetite is naturally suppressed by my recent surgery, but worried that I won’t be able to get in enough nutrients on the days I actually do eat.

All thoughts and experiences appreciated please

@Sheribear68 Welcome. Hope you hang out with us and play. IMHO, you are not ready for IF. Before trying IF, it's incredibly important for your doc/RD to be on board with the program/plan. But it's also super necessary to be able to get in your Water every day AND be able to eat enough quantity to get your Protein down to meet protein goals--whatever they may be. To me, eating 1/4c of food is too little of a volume to be able to justify IF--you probably are alreay IF everyday just be virtue of your calorie reduction <600 cals/day?

You have to do things slowly. Focus on healing your body from the surgery and just keep carbs low while getting your healthy dense protein in each day (and all your water)!!!