Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

1 minute ago, Healthy_life2 said:

You look fantastic and hot little chick.

Your weight bounce is six pounds right now? Are you ready to maintain? What weight are you trying to maintain at?

Noooo! LOL. Not maintain. Still want to lose--ideally to 135. :) But I have to get to 140lbs first. ;) Closest I've come was 142lbs (for about a minute)--then bounced right back up to 143, 144, 143, 145, 146. LOL. Now trying to get it to go back down towards 140.

MUAH! BTW! Congrats on getting back down to the low end of your window so effectively!!! You rock woman!

3 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Noooo! LOL. Not maintain. Still want to lose--ideally to 135. :) But I have to get to 140lbs first. ;) Closest I've come was 142lbs (for about a minute)--then bounced right back up to 143, 144, 143, 145, 146. LOL. Now trying to get it to go back down towards 140.

MUAH! BTW! Congrats on getting back down to the low end of your window so effectively!!! You rock woman!

Hun it never stays at my low range. It bounces ten pounds up and down the scale. This is what maintaing looks like for me. The good thing is I know how to keep it in this range lifelong. My clothing still fits with a ten-pound gain. When I work the weight back down its not noticeable.

Laughing* Have we become annoying thin people?

My eyes would roll when someone said they had 10 or 20 pounds to lose (I wanted to slap them) I had over 100 pounds or more. I now wonder if people at the beginning of surgery are annoyed with people at or near goal when we obsess.

3 hours ago, Sosewsue61 said:

Oh wow! Great article and website. I didn't realize the Dr. Phinney site existed! And mind blown about the explanation about BHOB and SCFA in the colon doing what Fiber does for fermentation in the colon (gut biome health)! So our Keto needs are different--I don't need to pound down the veg to get the fiber or nutrients. I have been doing this for almost 19 years, and yet, my mind still gets blown daily with info I've missed or maybe glossed over previously! Wow.

I went down the Virta rabbit hole after that article to read more about Protein requirements. This is a great chart. They use "Reference Weight" or "Ideal Weight" to calculate protein requirements cuz it's based on lean body mass rather than weight that includes fat. So they base this on each ounce of protein has on average 7g of protein/oz of weight. They figure their recommendations based on 1.2-2g of protein/kg of reference weight.

https://blog.virtahealth.com/how-much-protein-on-keto/

image.thumb.png.5596f8b080c30b609d8ea0c6539cc491.png

Here's an example of what that would look like for someone who requires 14oz of protein per day for their ideal weight. (BTW, they differ on their protein reqs from Dr. Fung. They are saying that prolonged fasting when you are not keto adapted is deep-dodoo bad cuz of loss of lean body mass in the first months. 😕 )

https://blog.virtahealth.com/protein-on-low-carb-ketogenic-diet/

image.thumb.png.a669412f86cb931f0570bf55f6693136.png

@Orchids&Dragons So for the WFKD (Well Formulated Ketogenic Diet) the reqs are pretty narrow. They confirm the limit of 30g of WHOLE (non-netted) carbs per day which is very limiting--in order to become Keto adapted and stay in NK (nutritional ketosis). I know I'm not staying above my 0.5mm/dl of ketones on my meter. Some days I'm there, but others I'm more like .15-.25 and I'd like to be over 1 or 1.5 ish. So far fasting isn't getting me there by the end of the fast. So that means I'm def still insulin resistant and it's time I address getting into and staying in NK. So sigh...sorry Dr. Weiner--I'm gonna have to put that on hold for now...

But here was yesterday's DD (down day of 500cals +/-100cals). It was pretty easy--a CRAPton of volume--too much really.

image.png.0226c49efee07fa19d78a58af024fb7b.png

Today is an UD (Up Day -- which I'm gonna use Dr. Phinney's formulation to get to about 1100cals for the day. I'll post that tomorrow as close as I can stick to it. It only has a measly little 6oz of veg for the day. Still haven't made it to the store, so I'm using things from the freezer and the few veg left in the fridge. LOL. Ugh! I am not gonna put my psyllium on the days any more. I MUST have it to poop. I just do. But I refuse to use 50 cals up of my alotment or to use up 12g of my carbs out of the 30g. If that keeps me from getting to ketosis, well that's just the way it's gonna be. But I'm not including it in my daily totals--magical thinking I know. Ha!

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

@Orchids&Dragons So for the WFKD (Well Formulated Ketogenic Diet) the reqs are pretty narrow. They confirm the limit of 30g of WHOLE (non-netted) carbs per day which is very limiting--in order to become Keto adapted and stay in NK (nutritional ketosis). I know I'm not staying above my 0.5mm/dl of ketones on my meter. Some days I'm there, but others I'm more like .15-.25 and I'd like to be over 1 or 1.5 ish. So far fasting isn't getting me there by the end of the fast. So that means I'm def still insulin resistant and it's time I address getting into and staying in NK. So sigh...sorry Dr. Weiner--I'm gonna have to put that on hold for now...

Did I say something to imply you weren't following KETO? Because I really don't know $%#@ about KETO rules.

15 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Did I say something to imply you weren't following Keto? Because I really don't know $%#@ about KETO rules.

No, but reading your link led me down a rabbit hole of discovery. That is, that being keto seems to confer the same gut protective attributes as eating a high fiber (insoluble fiber) diet does. And to get my 1lb of veggies in from Dr. Weiner's experiment yesterday, I had to get 50g of carbs in (whole/non-net) which means, I wasn't even blowing a 0.15 on the ketone meter this morning. So clearly that's too many carbs for me for now. And I know that it's more important for me to be in a state of ketosis in order to keep my insulin and blood sugar levels low--from a cancer recurrence perspective.

Sooooo. :) I'm gonna go back to their recs of having no more than 30g of whole carbs per day and see how I do on the keto meter.

17 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

No, but reading your link led me down a rabbit hole of discovery. That is, that being Keto seems to confer the same gut protective attributes as eating a high Fiber (insoluble fiber) diet does. And to get my 1lb of veggies in from Dr. Weiner's experiment yesterday, I had to get 50g of carbs in (whole/non-net) which means, I wasn't even blowing a 0.15 on the ketone meter this morning. So clearly that's too many carbs for me for now. And I know that it's more important for me to be in a state of ketosis in order to keep my insulin and blood sugar levels low--from a cancer recurrence perspective.

Sooooo. :) I'm gonna go back to their recs of having no more than 30g of whole carbs per day and see how I do on the keto meter.

Thanks, it's been long enough that I had no idea what you were referring to!

38 minutes ago, Sosewsue61 said:

Wow really interesting! Very much so because they site that butyrate (the ketone) produced in the gut in response to fiber consumption is the same ketone produced by the body in response to a well formulated ketogenic diet. :) Only in a Keto diet, we may actually produced MORE butyrate in and for the gut!

Hi everyone!

Ive decided to stick to a steady IF schedule for a bit instead of manipulating the time based on the day before. Anyone else trying that?

Im thinking 12-6pm or 1-7pm

Too many events appts etc has me compromising the length lately and eating later than desired. Bored with that...

Edited by GreenTealael

26 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Hi everyone!

Ive decided to stick to a steady IF schedule for a bit instead of manipulating the time based on the day before. Anyone else trying that?

Im thinking 12-6pm or 1-7pm

Too many events appts etc has me compromising the length lately and eating later than desired. Bored with that...

'splain please, Lucy? Not following what you have been doing.

I pretty much finish eating at 8pm. So then I go to 2pm for a 16:8. Or I go to 4pm for an 18:6.

That's what most of my times are. Sometimes though I finish at 6 or 7, then I will take it back the 2 hours to either 12 or 2. Is that what you're saying?

I've just flat decided (again) that I can't do longer than 18hours. Cuz I've got to try to get my Protein in without over eating portions. 😕 Listening to Dr. Phinney talk, he really goes way higher on protein reqs than Dr. F. It's highly confusing. But I do know that I've lost lean body mass along with the fat...so dunno. 😕

What are your thoughts on the whole protein thing? I can post Phinney links about protein/keto and his take on IF if you want?

36 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

'splain please, Lucy? Not following what you have been doing.

I pretty much finish eating at 8pm. So then I go to 2pm for a 16:8. Or I go to 4pm for an 18:6.

That's what most of my times are. Sometimes though I finish at 6 or 7, then I will take it back the 2 hours to either 12 or 2. Is that what you're saying?

I've just flat decided (again) that I can't do longer than 18hours. Cuz I've got to try to get my Protein in without over eating portions. 😕 Listening to Dr. Phinney talk, he really goes way higher on Protein reqs than Dr. F. It's highly confusing. But I do know that I've lost lean body mass along with the fat...so dunno. 😕

What are your thoughts on the whole protein thing? I can post Phinney links about protein/keto and his take on IF if you want?

Ive always been lower protein than most so im not a good point of reference on that... Sorry.

I've gone for 16, 16.5, 17, 17.5,18, 18.5,etc.

I just would calculate my window according to when i start stop, you know. But im going to try and keep it steady for awhile.

Sure post the Phinney links if its no trouble!

Edited by GreenTealael

Ah ok. So hard and fast times/windows. Let us know how it works for you--if it makes it easier?! How many times are you eating during your eating window? I feel like I have to get 3 meals in to get all my food in. 😕 And often I feel like that just keeps my insulin jacked up cuz there's never enough "non-eating" time in that eating window? Do you feel that way?

7 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Ah ok. So hard and fast times/windows. Let us know how it works for you--if it makes it easier?! How many times are you eating during your eating window? I feel like I have to get 3 meals in to get all my food in. 😕 And often I feel like that just keeps my insulin jacked up cuz there's never enough "non-eating" time in that eating window? Do you feel that way?

IDK you maybe right I still feel like im drinking more than eating for certain but I will keep much better track now. Maybe 3-4 times and the usual suspects. I was not working on weightloss with IF before but now I will try for another 10lbs for the summer swimsuit season lol

Edited by GreenTealael