Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

On 2/21/2019 at 7:29 AM, FluffyChix said:

Wooohoooo! Good morning World! I'm dressed, make-uped, and adulting this morning despite fighting a fierce cold! It's 6:22am and I'm having a cup of black coffee and waiting to leave for the doctor's office for my 1 year check-up.

Thanks to 3 solid days of 18:6 with great food behaviors, I am down to 142.2lbs this morning and met my "mini goal" for this check-up. I'm gonna call it as 80.2lbs lost since morning weigh in for surgery. That morning I was 222.4lbs and could not even imagine what it would feel like to weigh 150lbs.

Now days, every pound lost in this weight bracket is a milestone. I haven't been this weight since that one week as a senior in high school, hopped up on Ionamin (legal weight loss drugs we called yellow mollies--maybe it's phentermine or some derivative--dunno--just say, "Speed" and you'll get it) and eating ice cubes, lettuce leaves and air while playing varsity tennis and swimming. Oh lort! I thought I was so fat then, cuz I outweighed any other female classmate by at least 20lbs if not 30!

Feels good. I probably won't do a "1 year" post until I meet my 2nd goal. I hope that's by early next week, but who knows. The one thing I've learned in my life is that I cannot attach a goal date to a goal weight. The two never coincide! Nevs!

How are each of you doing?

Yay sorry I missed addressing this here but

🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Welcome home @sillykitty!!! Sorry I was so self-absorbed that I failed to say that. We MISSED you SO. MUCH! Now start posting like a ho and update us on all the exciting things in life! We count on you to live vicariously! BF updates too! :D

@clsumrall Congrats on getting into IF! How are you doing today?

@GreenTealael How did your fast go? How are you feeling these days? Are you maintaining easily or still worried that you are still losing?

I am doing a long fast today. We went out 2 times this weekend. *sigh* I didn't even make super "poor" choices, but the combination of eating many more cals, a few more carbs, and probably more volume than I'm used to eating at multiple meals in 1 day just really packs on the pounds quickly! 😕 The struggle is real!

I'm back up to 144.4lbs this morning. Grrrr!!!! I don't make pristine choices any longer. I "skate" the edge. I know that's just "living life" but my particular reality means that "Magic always comes with a price, deary." So today I pay the piper. I hate that dude! TG for IF though. Cuz it's relatively easy for me to jump back into on Mondays and Tuesdays.

I am going to see what happens if I do a long extended fast this week. I'm going to watch my blood sugar and ketones with our ketone meter and see what happens and I'm planning to go as long as possible on a liquid fast with Water, decaff coffee and decaff green tea/match. My last caloric "food" was liquid (yes it was fermented grape juice) at 9:30pm last night. 😕 f**king wine. So I'm gonna count 9:30pm as the start of my fast.

We'll see how long I can go. I will check in here periodically to post a quick update to let y'all know what I'm experiencing. I think it would be pretty cool to be able to do through Wednesday--or Thursday morning. But I don't know if I can hang that long.

I will still take all my Vitamins. Luckily, I don't have probs taking vitamins on an empty stomach, I may also keep taking psyllium husks in tea cuz the calories are minimal and would have minimum/if any impact on insulin and blood sugar.

I'm not gonna "name how long" my fast will last. Cuz I've really no idea how long I can go. Psychologically I'm "afraid" and worried I will wimp out. Maybe I will pretend that today I'm on a clear liquid diet in solidarity with our friend @Orchids&Dragons who is having gallbladder surgery on the 27th. So I'll do my "clear liquids" a day in advance of her journey? :)

How's everyone else doing?

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

I'm not gonna "name how long" my fast will last. Cuz I've really no idea how long I can go. Psychologically I'm "afraid" and worried I will wimp out. Maybe I will pretend that today I'm on a clear liquid diet in solidarity with our friend @Orchids&Dragons who is having gallbladder surgery on the 27th. So I'll do my "clear liquids" a day in advance of her journey? :)

I admire your determination, Fluff! But you're making me feel guilty! I don't have any liquid diet before this surgery (YEAH, ME!). just the standard nothing after midnight deal. Hope your fast goes well

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

Welcome home @sillykitty!!! Sorry I was so self-absorbed that I failed to say that. We MISSED you SO. MUCH! Now start posting like a ho and update us on all the exciting things in life! We count on you to live vicariously! BF updates too! :D

@clsumrall Congrats on getting into IF! How are you doing today?

@GreenTealael How did your fast go? How are you feeling these days? Are you maintaining easily or still worried that you are still losing?

I am doing a long fast today. We went out 2 times this weekend. *sigh* I didn't even make super "poor" choices, but the combination of eating many more cals, a few more carbs, and probably more volume than I'm used to eating at multiple meals in 1 day just really packs on the pounds quickly! 😕 The struggle is real!

I'm back up to 144.4lbs this morning. Grrrr!!!! I don't make pristine choices any longer. I "skate" the edge. I know that's just "living life" but my particular reality means that "Magic always comes with a price, deary." So today I pay the piper. I hate that dude! TG for IF though. Cuz it's relatively easy for me to jump back into on Mondays and Tuesdays.

I am going to see what happens if I do a long extended fast this week. I'm going to watch my blood sugar and ketones with our ketone meter and see what happens and I'm planning to go as long as possible on a liquid fast with Water, decaff coffee and decaff green tea/match. My last caloric "food" was liquid (yes it was fermented grape juice) at 9:30pm last night. 😕 f**king wine. So I'm gonna count 9:30pm as the start of my fast.

We'll see how long I can go. I will check in here periodically to post a quick update to let y'all know what I'm experiencing. I think it would be pretty cool to be able to do through Wednesday--or Thursday morning. But I don't know if I can hang that long.

I will still take all my Vitamins. Luckily, I don't have probs taking Vitamins on an empty stomach, I may also keep taking psyllium husks in tea cuz the calories are minimal and would have minimum/if any impact on insulin and blood sugar.

How's everyone else doing?

Hi everyone! Not losing any more but I did eat cake lol so maintenance range maybe. I did not IF today (yet) because of need to switch my window to earlier. Dates have been messing with the flow. Yesterday I was 153 today I'm 156 lol see don't always believe the scale. I did not have 10000 cals lol. I'm just hydrated and need a good Smooth Move hahaha.

Congratulations @FluffyChix! What an amazing achievement!
For the group: I’m just 1 month out but try to do at least a 12:12 IF. I just can’t seem to get all my Proteins in without that last snack of yogurt. I’m wondering if I worked in a snack or two during the day would be better and then nothing after dinner. I’ll mention it to my Dr today but thought I’d ask you pros as well.

44 minutes ago, DanaC84 said:

Congratulations @FluffyChix! What an amazing achievement!
For the group: I’m just 1 month out but try to do at least a 12:12 IF. I just can’t seem to get all my Proteins in without that last snack of yogurt. I’m wondering if I worked in a snack or two during the day would be better and then nothing after dinner. I’ll mention it to my Dr today but thought I’d ask you pros as well.

Hi and welcome. Please hang out with us. I wouldn't do IF until at least 6months post op and until I know I can get ALL of my daily Protein needs met with food. Plus being able to get lots of fluids in and all my vitamins/minerals in without chewables.

Ok, update. Only made it until 8pm last night. Then I was starvin' and couldn't get past Mr. F's dinner. Meh. 😕 Oh well.

Am going for it today. Mr. F. and I are going to attempt a 36hour fast to see if we can get his BGs down. He stopped his big T2 drug and is only on metformin right now and his sugars are up a bit. :( So in solidarity, I'm gonna see if he thinks he can push until either tomorrow morning or tomorrow at noon.

I really miss IF......I have done it periodically the past year. My doc has recommended I wait a bit to be sure I am getting my nutrients!

On 2/26/2019 at 12:20 PM, FluffyChix said:

Ok, update. Only made it until 8pm last night. Then I was starvin' and couldn't get past Mr. F's dinner. Meh. 😕 Oh well.

Am going for it today. Mr. F. and I are going to attempt a 36hour fast to see if we can get his BGs down. He stopped his big T2 drug and is only on metformin right now and his sugars are up a bit. :( So in solidarity, I'm gonna see if he thinks he can push until either tomorrow morning or tomorrow at noon.

How did it go?

12 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

How did it go?

Well I am still only making it 24 hours. GRRRRR! I want to do 36 so bad but by 24 hours I just want to "feed" and "feed" and "feed". LOL. So hmmm, there is that.

I'm sticking at 144.8lbs and it's not going anywhere! Gah! LOL. It feels like my body defends each new low and I will sit within a few pounds of it for weeks, then it relents and allows a new low. It's a bit crazy making. :)

I'm trying to do a 36 again today. Then will be gone no IF for the weekend, but Keto weekend planned.

How are you doing? ((hugs))