Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

2 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Also I forget to tell everyone the other types of drinks I sometimes have, that is a golden green milk (tumeric, matcha, cayenne pepper, Water, almond milk, stevia, dash of SF french vanilla)

Soooooo good if you've ever had golden milk... hot or iced, amazing!

47 cals... Like 2g carbs but sadly only 2g Protein. But tumeric and Matcha together... The benefits

IMG_20180913_114032.jpg

IMG_20180913_114844.jpg

That's beautiful! So does it defeat the purpose of golden milk (anti-inflammatory) by using a totally artificial milk like Fairlife FF milk (then it would be packed with protein) ;)

6 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

That's beautiful! So does it defeat the purpose of golden milk (anti-inflammatory) by using a totally artificial milk like Fairlife FF milk (then it would be packed with protein) ;)

I don't think so , a lot of recipes use goat and cow's milk but I've never seen the ingredients on Fairlife. I'd try to keep things as pure as possible though

Edited by GreenTealael

27 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Also I forget to tell everyone the other types of drinks I sometimes have, that is a golden green milk (tumeric, matcha, cayenne pepper, Water, almond milk, stevia, dash of SF french vanilla)

Soooooo good if you've ever had golden milk... hot or iced, amazing!

47 cals... Like 2g carbs but sadly only 2g Protein. But tumeric and Matcha together... The benefits

IMG_20180913_114032.jpg

IMG_20180913_114844.jpg

So your golden milk is green?

Tumeric question - I've read that the benefits are only from cooked Tumeric? Yes or no?

18 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

So your golden milk is green?

Tumeric question - I've read that the benefits are only from cooked Tumeric? Yes or no?

It was both but definitely more golden when the foam cleared...lol

That's the traditional Ayurvedic way to make a paste first because heat unlocks the benefits of curcumin, but these day people make it like instant tea, coffee or hot chocolate.

I boil Water and make a quick paste first, then add scorched milk and other ingredients

But I also drink raw juiced tumeric shots from the fresh root, and those were by far the most effective I've used

Also turmeric is in all the dishes I cook

4 hours ago, Matt Z said:

*updating MFP right now* :lol:

3 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

All I saw was chocolate chocolate chocolate... Lol

Me too

27-calvin-klein-mahershala_w330_h412.jpg.b27331576b44ec496e011747fc51a9ee.jpg

3 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

OMG! This has been so exceptionally "Good times" this morning. I've officially laughed my ass off! :)

Ok, I'll do my IF report then for @Orchids&Dragons before we get her fired!

Yesterday was good. I made it to about 2:45pm for my first meal. I was trying to wait until after 3pm, but by 2:30 I was close to cuttin' a b***h for food. Unfortunately, being alone here, that would have been me and I draw the line at that one. :) So I had 3 full meals scheduled but I just looked at it and was like. Nope. Can't do it. So I ended up going for a banana Joe from Cocomo Iced coffee (homemade) with coffee, Prem Prot Bananas and Cream and tons o' the ice. It held up until 5:30 when I broke down and had a little leftover salmon. And then I had leftover chickie boob, veggies and avo/tom salad on a tray in my recliner in front of the tv watching Big Brother! LOL.

The only photo I have is a crap one with flash taken in front of the tv. Here's my lovely l/o plate! :lol: I ate every last stankin' bite of this bad boy!

chickie-boob-brocc-avo-tom-91218_3642web.thumb.jpg.17737f935e9a149802dbe438b5620f0f.jpg

Here's my food log for the DD. I was over my 500 a bit and the macros sucked, but meh. Deal. (click to enlarge)

091218DD_500cal.thumb.JPG.c5b1916c0de8db49daba5001276db047.JPG

Today is an up day at an event tonight. There will be rich wine pairings and friends/fun around and I'm shuddering in my shoes. I'm gonna try to keep things low until tonight. Cuz God only knows what I'm capable of. And I just hit the 160lb mark this morning. Only 10.4lbs left to go to reach first goal. I'm sure there will be hell to pay on the scale tomorrow as a result of tonight.

Man, if you think those macros suck, you must really bite your tongue when you see mine! That looks like a damn successful day to me!

1 minute ago, sillykitty said:

Man, if you think those macros suck, you must really bite your tongue when you see mine! That looks like a damn successful day to me!

Actually I didn't stop to look at them that closely. :) I just figured they weren't hitting the fictitious goals I put into MFP. :) :lol:

2 hours ago, Matt Z said:

So... today. I've had my cup of coffee. And half my sugar free energy drink mix thing. Just realized I haven't eaten anything or even drank my shake yet...

I love how IF gets easier the more you do it. That's the opposite of every other "diet" I've been on.

I was doing sooo well yesterday. No hunger, pushed my first "meal" to 3pm, still no hunger, good on Protein, fluids, supplements, low cals. And then I started looking up restaurants in Rome for my upcoming vacation, and all that "no hunger" bs was out the window, and Postmates was showing up at my door :blush:

It's interesting because I felt like such a failure last night when I caved. But I was still in a 5 hr window, my cals, were still low for most people, I only ate till full then threw out the rest. So basically it didn't wreck my day, but the guilt! :blush: If this had been a planned meal out, where I just made an unwise choice, I'd barely feel bad at all.

5b9aa63905991_ScreenShot09-13-18at08_25AM.PNG.e5df3614fd8e3341fcdf44a0b8a0960c.PNG

Today is a new day. Thankfully the late-ish carbs didn't wake up my hunger monster. We'll see how today goes, but IF is the plan (carbonara is not).

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

Wow! Thanks for this. I'm totally doing this!!! Has it helped you with sleep?

Hmm, idk I've never taken it for sleep issues, I'm either like a rock or easily awakened. No pattern whatsoever.

2 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

I was doing sooo well yesterday. No hunger, pushed my first "meal" to 3pm, still no hunger, good on Protein, fluids, supplements, low cals. And then I started looking up restaurants in Rome for my upcoming vacation, and all that "no hunger" bs was out the window, and Postmates was showing up at my door :blush:

It's interesting because I felt like such a failure last night when I caved. But I was still in a 5 hr window, my cals, were still low for most people, I only ate till full then threw out the rest. So basically it didn't wreck my day, but the guilt! :blush: If this had been a planned meal out, where I just made an unwise choice, I'd barely feel bad at all.

5b9aa63905991_ScreenShot09-13-18at08_25AM.PNG.e5df3614fd8e3341fcdf44a0b8a0960c.PNG

Today is a new day. Thankfully the late-ish carbs didn't wake up my hunger monster. We'll see how today goes, but IF is the plan (carbonara is not).

I think we all know the real reason why you were sooooo hungry... Cardio