Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often is OK? I go twice a week if I'm lucky. Often wonder if it's just related to hydration since that's a constant struggle for me.

The more hydrated you are the better, easier it is to have a BM. additionally, you need Fiber. I have a BM daily and have since my 3rd week.

On 8/25/2018 at 9:27 AM, RagazzaGrassa said:

Hello All.

I had my Sleeve surgery 8/16/2018 and had the best of times! The doc said it was straight forward, the recovery was relatively painless and I was able to do clear and full liquids...just one little thing that got by me...I DIDN'T STAY ON TOP OF THE STOOL SOFTENER!!

Day 7 cam around and i thought I was going to DIE! I COULDN'T pass a poo nor urinate! I called the doc and really got no help, just some worlds of assurance that it would pass naturally (like a baby!)...I went to the ER in hopes they would give me an enema or DO SOMETHING!! But alas, they only hydrated me and verified that there was no obstruction ( I can't WAIT for that bill!!) ...I was able to void a little, but it was only thanks to my sister helping me at home was I able to get relief AFTER 2 FLIPPING DAYS OF TORTURE!!

I am now FOR SURE on top of the softener, but my poor body has been traumatized and is still afraid! I will see the doc for a follow up on Tue. I fell like I know NOTHING about this new way of life and feel completely unprepared! I really try to sip the hours I am not eating, but still feel dehydrated and don't want to have negative results because of this.

Any words of advice or encouragement?

Thank you all so much, I know WE GOT THIS!!

Smooth Move tea by traditional medicines

1 hour ago, Beck53 said:

How often is OK? I go twice a week if I'm lucky. Often wonder if it's just related to hydration since that's a constant struggle for me.

I think to expect a BM every day is normal...

I can't handle taking another pill, so I found a herbal tea call Smooth Move. It counts for 8oz of Water to your goal of 64 oz a day. Which I still have a hard time to reach. But I drink the tea at night and in the morning BM.

On 10/8/2018 at 4:14 PM, Liz The New Me said:

I can't handle taking another pill, so I found a herbal tea call Smooth Move. It counts for 8oz of Water to your goal of 64 oz a day. Which I still have a hard time to reach. But I drink the tea at night and in the morning BM.

Where do you buy the tea?

I’ve seen it at most major grocery stores....Kroger, meijer and Walmart

Omg the first time I really pooped I almost died. I was full on crying because I was in so much pain. I have since then started drinking Smooth Move tea twice a week and black coffee everyday. I also drink kombucha. Not a fan of MoM or other non-natural laxatives

Ugh. Didnt go to the bathroom all day and now I'm forcing myself to drink this smooth tea because I dont want to have a horrible [emoji90] experience

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

What really helps me is sugar free candy, like chocolates. Just like three pieces and I’ll have diarrhea for hours. It’s not something I’d suggest very often but when you haven’t been able to go, it’s great. It only takes about an hour or two after I eat it. Wishing for you all to have some nice movements! Lol. 😳💩

2 minutes ago, superthin said:

What really helps me is sugar free candy, like chocolates. Just like three pieces and I’ll have diarrhea for hours. It’s not something I’d suggest very often but when you haven’t been able to go, it’s great. It only takes about an hour or two after I eat it. Wishing for you all to have some nice movements! Lol. 😳💩

Before eating sugar free candies this soon post op, please be sure to check with your surgical team. My plan and team discourage the use of sugar free candies, gum, etc.

14 hours ago, Beck53 said:

Where do you buy the tea?

Most grocery store should have it. Called Traditional Medicinals Smooth Move. I found it at Earth Fare.

My surgeon's partner Dr Noria would like me to defecate at a minimum 3 times a week, well so would I but it does not arrive spontaneously. I think it has to do with: Little In ,Little comes out. So I guess 2 Miralax daily, MoM the evening of the second daym 💩there you are, knew you hate to visit my pircelin throneroom.

Oh man, the struggle is real.

I used the Smooth Move tea. It's best to take it the night before, pray to your deity of choice and try again in the morning.

I will never ever again laugh at anyone who complains about Constipation. I really had no clue how bad it could be.

Pushing is bad for you so I would sit there and "crown" for a long time, then I would make the mistake of pinching and that log beast would quickly retract back in like an unlocked tape measure!

After two days of the same, I actually started rocking and bouncing on the toilet until I finally gave birth and nearly wept in relief and triumph.

When I finally emerged from the bathroom, my dad was wearing headphones... :57_cry:

Edited by John Kitsu