Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

Confession: i love going to over-priced gourmet grocery stores and buying fancy stuff to try (or just look at, lol)

A sample of this morning’s haul: fancy crackers and a couple teaspoons of this foie gras and pork terrine/spread. Its like dessert and a meal in one.

218 calories. Ate it all.

Im also hopped up on 2 iced americanos i drank while people watching on a patio. Had them black so i didn’t bother logging them.

0F37C999-1565-4CE2-A02B-886BE74EA13D.thumb.jpeg.550f899a30eafa431ae2af2e74d2301d.jpeg

Edited by ms.sss

On 6/29/2022 at 7:58 AM, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

Lengua are some of my favorite tacos! We have a birria taco truck here that serves them and they’re the best but every time I’ve been by lately they haven’t been open. 😩

Thank you so much for introducing me to Miso Paste, I am in love with the stuff. My next new recipe is going to be Miso paste with garlic, ginger, oyster sauce and chilli added. Spread onto seared aubergines and baked in the oven.... drool

Does anyone know a substitute for butter or margarine that is good on shellfish. My husband insisted on lobster AND snow crabs for dinner (plus my steak so we will be eating this meal for a week I guess) but he likes it without anything on it, I don’t. I have the I can’t believe it’s not butter light but wondering if there is something else I should try that is a little better.

Brunch with my BF

2 eggs w/ potatoes, crimini mushrooms, zucchini, shallots, red peppers, baby spinach, melted mozzarella, herbed goat cheese whole abs whole grain toast.

Coming in at a whopping 1310 cals. I estimate I had about 300 cals worth.
I’m sure the majority of the hidden cals were from butter or oil while cooking. I can’t help but think of I made this at home it would be 1/4 the calories. But this will be either two or three more meals depending on who finishes it.

6A9909D4-DEBE-47BF-BA13-88ABB6008A78.jpeg

2 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

Does anyone know a substitute for butter or margarine that is good on shellfish. My husband insisted on lobster AND snow crabs for dinner (plus my steak so we will be eating this meal for a week I guess) but he likes it without anything on it, I don’t. I have the I can’t believe it’s not butter light but wondering if there is something else I should try that is a little better.

You could try a mixture of olive oil, lemon, and garlic with fresh cracked black pepper.

When you go to eat it cold try a mixture of low-fat mayo (or yogurt), lemon, salt and a dash of hot sauce. It’s the sauce they use for cold lobster rolls.

I’m kind of a snob though when it comes to fats and the only time I willfully eat margarine is in my mom’s no bake Cookies.

4 minutes ago, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

You could try a mixture of olive oil, lemon, and garlic with fresh cracked black pepper.

When you go to eat it cold try a mixture of low-fat mayo (or yogurt), lemon, salt and a dash of hot sauce. It’s the sauce they use for cold lobster rolls.

I’m kind of a snob though when it comes to fats and the only time I willfully eat margarine is in my mom’s no bake Cookies.

i try to stay away from olive oil because of the calories but I will have to try the cold sauce another day. I am out of yogurt and don’t like mayo. But it sounds good, thanks. I did find a recipe online that sorta jazzes up the fake butter I may try for tonight since I have the ingredients.

3 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Brunch with my BF

2 eggs w/ potatoes, crimini mushrooms, zucchini, shallots, red peppers, baby spinach, melted mozzarella, herbed goat cheese whole abs whole grain toast.

Coming in at a whopping 1310 cals. I estimate I had about 300 cals worth.
I’m sure the majority of the hidden cals were from butter or oil while cooking. I can’t help but think of I made this at home it would be 1/4 the calories. But this will be either two or three more meals depending on who finishes it.

6A9909D4-DEBE-47BF-BA13-88ABB6008A78.jpeg

That doesn’t look like 1300 cals!!

4 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

Obviously, butter/clarified butter would be my first choice, but of you are looking to watch calories, how about a nice mignonette (if you like vinegar, that is). Its basically red wine vinegar (or whatever vinegar u have on hand), and shallots (or red onions). Goes great with shellfish.

Or maybe some dry white wine and lemon juice?

P.S. depending on what ur personal calorie limits are, a tbsp of butter is only 100 cals…which is more than enough for dipping say a good sized lobster tail. The trick is to have it on the side vs. pouring it all over.

Good Luck! ❤️

13 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Obviously, butter/clarified butter would be my first choice, but of you are looking to watch calories, how about a nice mignonette (if you like vinegar, that is). Its basically red wine vinegar (or whatever vinegar u have on hand), and shallots (or red onions). Goes great with shellfish.

Or maybe some dry white wine and lemon juice?

P.S. depending on what ur personal calorie limits are, a tbsp of butter is only 100 cals…which is more than enough for dipping say a good sized lobster tail. The trick is to have it on the side vs. pouring it all over.

Good Luck! ❤️

I actually thought butter was a little higher in calories than that. It’s been so long since I have bought real butter. I did find a recipe online that is surprisingly good that is doctored up margarine basically. The red wine vinegar and red onion is another good suggestion though. I will definitely use it as my husband insists that we have surf and turf for every holiday. Guess there are worse things. Lol.

I don’t even know where to start with all this. The whole steak is for me cause hubby doesn’t eat steak and that’s more than enough for two night by itself. Lol

Edited by ShoppGirl

Okay this is my actual plate.i ate about half the steak and veggies and all the lobster and snow crab

483210AF-2323-4DE5-B84E-786CA4B29BB0.jpeg

Edited by ShoppGirl

12 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

Okay this is my actual plate.

483210AF-2323-4DE5-B84E-786CA4B29BB0.jpeg

Ok, so for that little amount of lobster, even 1/2 a tbsp would be more than enough! So max 50 cals.

i say go for it! (But of course i’m butter-lovin’ biased lol)