Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

19 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Literally no one:

Me: This is how much watermelon I can eat before it's boring 😂

20190606_144136.jpg

20190606_145040.jpg

How do you cut your watermelon so perfectly! I need a tutorial!!

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

Y'all are going to make me break and buy an airfryer!!!

Do it! Do it! 🤣

12 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Nope, I didn't shuck em. I learned my lesson years ago when I jabbed my palm with the tip of the knife during an unfortunate shucking attempt...stayed away from the job ever since. This lovely batch was shucked by the guy behind the bar.

Our total oyster haul last night was 75 (and I only had 6!). It was Oyster Night so they were only $1 each (Canadian, so thats like $0.74 for you guys) :)

Oh man, delicious oysters and a favorable exchange rate! I need to get up to Canada like now!

5 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

How do you cut your watermelon so perfectly! I need a tutorial!!

I have issues i can only eat watermelon in geometric shapes 😥😥😥😂😂😂😂

@GreenTealael, @FluffyChix @ms.sss

Explain to me this chia seed thing! I have them, I made pudding once. It was fine. It was perfectly, fine.

But at 60 cals/tbls?? It just seems like a lots of cals for fine ....

What am I missing?

25 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Explain to me this chia seed thing! I have them, I made pudding once. It was fine. It was perfectly, fine.

What am I missing?

IKR!? BUTTTTT, look at it this way. Lemme just show you the break out if you only have mocha pudding. For about a 6oz serving (Oui Yogurt Glass), it's only like 83cals. :)

And you get Omega 3's, healthy soluble Fiber, Protein, etc, etc, etc. :D

chocolate Protein Pudding: 86cals; 6g protein; 5g fat; 8g carbs; 7g fiber; 1g net carbs

:D

image.png.945e5b01edb82c526cf4e14ae47ef12e.png

Imagine this without the blueberries and walnuts. :) That's more than a 1/2 cup of fat free pudding. :)

mocha-caramel-chia-pudding_4405.thumb.JPG.7f40224ce5a57b10334110046bd8df66.JPG

Edited by FluffyChix

6 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

What am I missing?

Well for me, I'm looking to up my calories, so I don't mind the 60 cals/tbsp, now that is. I had this package of chia for a while, but didn't open/eat it when I was trying to lose because, yeah, 60 cals/tbsp!

I personally think its delicious with my Protein Powder (and recently re-discovered peanut butter). Though it may be just because its probably the closest thing to a dessert that I've had since Christmas. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Plus it helps me poop. Love it.

8 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Well for me, I'm looking to up my calories, so I don't mind the 60 cals/tbsp, now that is. I had this package of chia for a while, but didn't open/eat it when I was trying to lose because, yeah, 60 cals/tbsp!

I personally think its delicious with my Protein Powder (and recently re-discovered peanut butter). Though it may be just because its probably the closest thing to a dessert that I've had since Christmas. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Plus it helps me poop. Love it.

You can never underestimate the power of this statement. :) Good times!

And it's very filling...right?

32 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

What am I missing?

For me mostly FIBER 😂😂😂 but the benefits are vast for such a small thing

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/11-proven-health-benefits-of-chia-seeds#section3

ok, thanks @GreenTealael, @FluffyChix & @ms.sss

I'll give it another shot. The bf is on a eat healthier kick, so he'd probably be excited if I made it for him.

How long does it hold up? Could I make a batch over the weekend and individually portion out a few days worth?

(Should I warn him about the pooping benefits/consequences? 🤣)

5 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

I'll give it another shot. The bf is on a eat healthier kick, so he'd probably be excited if I made it for him.

How long does it hold up? Could I make a batch over the weekend and individually portion out a few days worth?

hahahaha. So on a side note, they may not be the healthiest for men. Chia has a good amount of ALA, and some association studies show that there may be an association between men who consume the most amounts of ALA (omega 3 precursor) and advanced prostate cancer. I haven't looked at the studies so have no opinion. But I don't give Mr. F. chia or if I do, it's not daily or even weekly. But the study was later kinda overturned due to bias. So dunno. :( I just figure I don't want him being the guinea pig that proves or disproves the study.

Here's what Dr. Axe says about 'em. Pretty great stuff...

https://draxe.com/chia-seeds-benefits-side-effects/

And that is AWESOME news that BF is on the healthier eating bandwagon!!!! Yay!!!! :) 🍾

Brussel Sprouts & Carmelized Onion Ravioli with crispy prosciutto & parm

image-0.00107288360595703.jpg

image-0.00107288360595703.jpg

8 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

I'm not sure how long everyone else's holds up but i only ever ate it 1 day later.

I almost always make it hot (like a hot Cereal - cream of xyz, porridge, oatmeal, grits) for everyone and leftovers go in the refrigerator 1 day max

It satifiies my childhood nostalgic food longings with actual nutrition without throwing my entire diet in the *bin...

*Says the girl who got a free donut today 😂

We need a "red heart" emoji. I want to "love things stronger than "like" ".