Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

1 minute ago, GreenTealael said:

*Says the girl who got a free donut today 😂

bahahahaahaha!

Salmon Paté on lettuce bun w/tomato

Paté has been weighed out and everything 😳

No afters so yeah 3oz of soft Protein (lets say 2.75 without the mayonnaise) and a few oz of vegetables is very full for me

20190607_130211.jpg

20190607_130403.jpg

20190607_130626.jpg

25 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

hahahaha. So on a side note, they may not be the healthiest for men. Chia has a good amount of ALA, and some association studies show that there may be an association between men who consume the most amounts of ALA (omega 3 precursor) and advanced prostate cancer. I haven't looked at the studies so have no opinion. But I don't give Mr. F. chia or if I do, it's not daily or even weekly. But the study was later kinda overturned due to bias. So dunno. :( I just figure I don't want him being the guinea pig that proves or disproves the study.

Here's what Dr. Axe says about 'em. Pretty great stuff...

https://draxe.com/chia-seeds-benefits-side-effects/

And that is AWESOME news that BF is on the healthier eating bandwagon!!!! Yay!!!! :) 🍾

Oh man, without someone to share them with, I can't imagine I'll ever get through very many :(

I won't roll the dice on the potential cancer link for the bf. He already has the odds stacked against him with his race.

6 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Oh man, without someone to share them with, I can't imagine I'll ever get through very many :(

I won't roll the dice on the potential cancer link for the bf. He already has the odds stacked against him with his race.

Read Dr. Axe. Maybe you can share with BF? The bias is a real issue--plus association doesn't ever prove causation. :)

Hey, btw? I don't say this lightly...cuz I get hungry a lot and just have to tell my badself, I'm not eating. LOL. But I ate that pudding this morning at 6:45am after walking. And it's almost 1pm and I'm only slightly peckish. Still not enough hunger to drive me to go into the kitchen and grab a tuna salad. :) Will try to wait until 2-3pm before I do it, so I beat the afternoon mean hungries. :) There aren't too many meals that do that for me for that long. :)

1 minute ago, FluffyChix said:

Read Dr. Axe. Maybe you can share with BF? The bias is a real issue--plus association doesn't ever prove causation. :)

If it were my body I'd roll the dice, but the bf already having these odds, "1.7 times more likely to be diagnosed with—and 2.3 times more likely to die from—prostate cancer". The chia benefits don't seem to outweigh even a potential elevated risk factor.

1 minute ago, sillykitty said:

If it were my body I'd roll the dice, but the bf already having these odds, "1.7 times more likely to be diagnosed with—and 2.3 times more likely to die from—prostate cancer". The chia benefits don't seem to outweigh even a potential elevated risk factor.

And here I've neen feeding them to my poor BF 1-2x a month 😥

Just now, sillykitty said:

Gotcha hon. Yeah. I totally agree. I'm sorry to hear that for him. It's a grueling sword of Damacles that hangs over his head. He needs to really take care of not gaining weight and keeping his insulin very low. Most prostate cancer is driven by elevated insulin and what it cascades into the sex hormones.

I feel his pain. My BC was hormone positive. It's a constant specter that never leaves me.

Just now, GreenTealael said:

And here I've neen feeding them to my poor BF 1-2x a month 😥

What is his prostate risk? Read Dr. Axe. 1-2 per month for someone with low risk doesn't sound excessive?

55 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

How long does it hold up? Could I make a batch over the weekend and individually portion out a few days worth?

First time I made it, I made enough to fit a yogurt container (not the single serve ones), I kept scooping some out of that container for about 3 and a half days until it was gone.

(For what it's worth, the recipe I used said it keeps for 4-5 days covered in the fridge)

8 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

What is his prostate risk? Read Dr. Axe. 1-2 per month for someone with low risk doesn't sound excessive?

No clue... We don't speak of such things 😂

This is what I used to make mine this morning. It made a Oui sized yogurt glass full and was 1 serving for me.

image.png.8259f07e22ef34558433121a9160adb5.png

Don't mind my totals there. That's for the day today--estimated but wanted you to be albe to see the column labels.