Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Summer 2018 Surgery Buddies: POST-OP Discussion

Update: wounded up in ER for Vomiting and dehydration. They obviously don’t know much about Bariatrics and doc and nurse were so unsympathetic! Pouch has been balled up since yesterday. Today I had nada to eat but threwup 4 times, just awful. They did an X-ray said I don’t lol blocked and gave me IV with Zophran and then Promethazine. I threw up while on their IV too. I refused pain meds cuz was so dizzy from anti nausea and did not want their strong stuff. They told me that’s all they can do for me and sent me home, where I continue to throw up. I NEED to be well! I have a mother son school date tomorrow (he’s been waiting a year for this!!), I have work in the morning! I have an international trip next week! Ughhhh, can’t beliebe I’m laid up like this...

On 10/12/2018 at 06:19, ellie123 said:

Congratulations hon!!!! Alas, To him whom much is given, much is indeed required! It’s hard to have it all, but you will learn. Wondering if your headaches are dehydrated related. Maybe try upping the Water?

Thank you, Ellie. I have no doubt that dehydration plays a part in it. I hardly drink any Water, and if I do, it’s one or two cups a day. Three if I go to the gym.

It’s not that I forget, I’m very hands-on at work, interacting with parents and kids throughout the day and not staying in my office, so the bottle of water I put on my desk in the morning is hardly touched by the end of the day. I’ll try to be better!

On 10/12/2018 at 06:24, ellie123 said:

Update: wounded up in ER for Vomiting and dehydration. They obviously don’t know much about Bariatrics and doc and nurse were so unsympathetic! Pouch has been balled up since yesterday. Today I had nada to eat but threwup 4 times, just awful. They did an X-ray said I don’t lol blocked and gave me IV with Zophran and then Promethazine. I threw up while on their IV too. I refused pain meds cuz was so dizzy from anti nausea and did not want their strong stuff. They told me that’s all they can do for me and sent me home, where I continue to throw up. I NEED to be well! I have a mother son school date tomorrow (he’s been waiting a year for this!!), I have work in the morning! I have an international trip next week! Ughhhh, can’t beliebe I’m laid up like this...

I’m so sorry to hear that! Did you get in touch with your nutritionist or surgeon? I hope you feel better soon!

14 hours ago, ellie123 said:

Wow, So Sorry Ellie! Maybe you have some sort of bug? I hope you are better today.

Damn @ellie123 that sucks. Hope you get passed this real soon!!!

18 minutes ago, J San said:

Damn @ellie123 that sucks. Hope you get passed this real soon!!!

Thank you. Not doing well . Woke up vomiting at night. Bearly made it through work and now want to throw up again from the few sips of tea and Protein Drink I took. I’m determined to be well enough to go to the mother son dance this evening with my 8yesr old. Then I will turn myself into ER

Ellie don’t push yourself if you can’t. If you can’t take him to the dance now take him out later. I hope you’re feeling better.

Are you getting enough liquids in? Being sick sucks.

Went back to 9 round today my legs are killing me.

27 minutes ago, Megan Sadler said:

Ellie don’t push yourself if you can’t. If you can’t take him to the dance now take him out later. I hope you’re feeling better.

Are you getting enough liquids in? Being sick sucks.

Went back to 9 round today my legs are killing me.

Just got down throwing up again! Ugh... no, no liquids since last time. It’s nust spit coming up I think. I’m severely dehydrated too. I can go to a regular ER where they know nothing of what to do, or go to my Surgeons surgical center where they will probably dilate me but... it’s completely out of network so 100% out of pocket

So walk in with the complaint of sever dehydration and ask the er doc for a couple bags of fluids while in there. Explain to him that you haven’t been getting enough—tell the doc exactly why. They shouldn’t have an issue filling your fluids up at the er if you specify. That’s what I did at week 2. Told the doc I needed the fluids and they ordered it. My body sucked those fluids up so quickly.

I agree with Megan on this one and IV fluids won't hurt anything. Might be just what you need.

On 10/12/2018 at 14:30, ellie123 said:

Thank you. Not doing well . Woke up vomiting at night. Bearly made it through work and now want to throw up again from the few sips of tea and Protein Drink I took. I’m determined to be well enough to go to the mother son dance this evening with my 8yesr old. Then I will turn myself into ER

Ellie123 I think that your son would rather you be alive rather then you be at a dance, please take care of yourself for you and for him.

6 hours ago, iattcom said:
15 hours ago, ellie123 said:

Ellie123 I think that your son would rather you be alive rather then you be at a dance, please take care of yourself for you and for him.

Thank you all for your well wishes. I missed it and my heart is broken...

I have been admitted at a bariatric hospital. I have suffered so much. I was on my way to pick up my kids from school in the pouring rain (the 30 min ride was over an hour due to an accident), and I was on the freeway stopping every 10-20 minutes on the side to throw up. At one point in time my heart was palpitating and my fingers and toes started to go numb so I pulled over at a gas station and my husband who was over an hour away from me dialed 911 for an ambulance to come . They showed up with the Fire department and run an EKG to make sure I was not having a heart attack, my heart was racing and I continue to feel like I had an elephant sitting on my chestFire department and run an EKG to make sure I was not having a heart attack, my heart was racing and I continue to feel like I had an elephant sitting on my chest. I told them I needed to get to a place that handles Bariatric’s, But they refused to transport me all the way to Dallas where my doctor is private surgical center, as that would have been two hour ride in rush hour traffic, so I refuse to go with them to a local emergency room as I knew that they would not really know what to do with me and judging from my experience at the ER the previous day they would just try to control the nausea and let me go even though the strongest medicine they have, promethazine has not been controlling my vomiting.i also knew the wait there would be hours and hours as I would be triaged with trauma patients.

My husband picked the kids and they met me in the gas station and I watch my eight-year-old son well up with tears streaming down his face when he realized mommy will not be making the mother son dance that he has been waiting for over a year )missed last year’s one due to being out of the country, and this year I promised him come whatever, I’ll be there! I even rescheduled my work trip out of county to be there (scheduled to leave this Thursday and I just don’t know how I can go...). My heart just broke and I felt like I had failed him as A mom, and even then, the crazy side of me tried to tell him it will be OK and we will still go but then I proceeded to violently vomit in front of my kids and realized it’s just not gonna happen . I had my husband stay with the kids and I still drove myself to the hospital in Dallas. Because him driving me would mean bringing along the kids for a long night and what is the point in that. I drove through the rain vomiting most of the way by the time I made it here I was vomiting every 10 minutes. Exhausted, my esophagus burning, felt like a giant grapefruit was stuck in it. They started an IV and gave me some nausea meds which did not work and I just keep throwing up spit and bile. Morning can’t come soon enough so my surgeon will come and probably scope me.

sorry for long post... got nothing but suffering and time here. But I thank God he’s kept me alive, so please pray they fix me soon...

17 minutes ago, ellie123 said:

I have been admitted at a bariatric hospital. I have suffered so much. I was on my way to pick up my kids from school in the pouring rain (the 30 min ride was over an hour due to an accident), and I was on the freeway stopping every 10-20 minutes on the side to throw up. At one point in time my heart was palpitating and my fingers and toes started to go numb so I pulled over at a gas station and my husband who was over an hour away from me dialed 911 for an ambulance to come . They showed up with the Fire department and run an EKG to make sure I was not having a heart attack, my heart was racing and I continue to feel like I had an elephant sitting on my chestFire department and run an EKG to make sure I was not having a heart attack, my heart was racing and I continue to feel like I had an elephant sitting on my chest. I told them I needed to get to a place that handles Bariatric’s, But they refused to transport me all the way to Dallas where my doctor is private surgical center, as that would have been two hour ride in rush hour traffic, so I refuse to go with them to a local emergency room as I knew that they would not really know what to do with me and judging from my experience at the ER the previous day they would just try to control the nausea and let me go even though the strongest medicine they have, promethazine has not been controlling my vomiting.i also knew the wait there would be hours and hours as I would be triaged with trauma patients.

My husband picked the kids and they met me in the gas station and I watch my eight-year-old son well up with tears streaming down his face when he realized mommy will not be making the mother son dance that he has been waiting for over a year )missed last year’s one due to being out of the country, and this year I promised him come whatever, I’ll be there! I even rescheduled my work trip out of county to be there (scheduled to leave this Thursday and I just don’t know how I can go...). My heart just broke and I felt like I had failed him as A mom, and even then, the crazy side of me tried to tell him it will be OK and we will still go but then I proceeded to violently vomit in front of my kids and realized it’s just not gonna happen . I had my husband stay with the kids and I still drove myself to the hospital in Dallas. Because him driving me would mean bringing along the kids for a long night and what is the point in that. I drove through the rain vomiting most of the way by the time I made it here I was vomiting every 10 minutes. Exhausted, my esophagus burning, felt like a giant grapefruit was stuck in it. They started an IV and gave me some nausea meds which did not work and I just keep throwing up spit and bile. Morning can’t come soon enough so my surgeon will come and probably scope me.

sorry for long post... got nothing but suffering and time here. But I thank God he’s kept me alive, so please pray they fix me soon...

@ellie123 I will be praying for you! Get well soon! Sorry you are suffering so much.

On 10/13/2018 at 06:55, ellie123 said:

Ohhh Ellie! My heart goes out to you!!!! Hoping you get answers and healing ASAP.