Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Preop terrible gas pain, protein shakes??

I’m 3 days on my preop diet. Today my stomach has hurt so bad I could hardly stay at work. Do you think it’s the increase in Protein Shakes. I’m drinking the Premier 30g.

Edited by Cindyjo

Sounds like the Protein or issues from the increased lactose used to make the protein.
Quick search found this

Looks like you aren't the only one!
Maybe try adding some GasX to your daily supplement regime to see if that helps you any.

Or you may have to switch to a soy or plant based formula. Try Matt's intervention first, if after a trial or 2 call or e-mail,your dietician/nutritionist,or get in touch with your surgeon's office. I'm sure you are not the only,person this has happened to.😝

PS Have you tried LacT-aid? If your body is having trouble digesting lactose that will help. Hugs!

I became intolerant of whey Protein isolate, but it manifested itself as nausea vs. gas. I switched to Muscle Milk Pro, and haven't had any issues since.

I like the new one Muscle Milk has now, probably not an option for you. Blueberry with a Greek Yogurt base, might be a tad more calories than Premier Protein. Shame about your whey sensativity, the new Peaches and Cream really rocks.😝👍

Just watch the calorie count on Muscle Milk (I love it, please don't get me wrong, it's just on the high end for calories for a protein)

7 minutes ago, Matt Z said:

Just watch the calorie count on Muscle Milk (I love it, please don't get me wrong, it's just on the high end for calories for a protein)

Muscle Milk Pro - 160 calories (11 oz)

Same as calories as Premier Protein, but Muscle Milk has 2 more grams of Protein

MM.png

Edited by sillykitty

1 minute ago, sillykitty said:

Muscle Milk Pro - 160 calories (11 oz)

Same as Premier Protein

Gottcha, for the pre-made. I've only used powdered versions, so that'll be where my advice leans towards.

Are you ready for this? Brace yourself my dietician actually wants me to up my calorie count, I'm averaging 1100 to 1300 on my fitness pal, and with the degree of exercise the physiologist has suggested I have to up to 15 to 1650 , but make sure I separate it into 3 snack 3 meal plan. Me with the folds that have their own dimples, but I'm adding a little natural fruit with the increased vegetables. Never had someone who,actually said you're not eating enough, but we will try it Roy's way,. at least presurgery,👈😝👉