Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all, just checking in to see how all February sleeve babies are doing. I am trudging along better than expected. I am going for my 3 month checkup on Friday. I am down 43. something. Energy goes up and down. Never enough Water or Protein. Would love to hear the good the bad and the ugly.

Dawn Marie

Hi.

I just had my 3 month appointment. So far so good. I'm down a total of 52 lbs (including pre-op.)

Water and Protein aren't usually too bad. Water is easier on gym days, but I've been skipping them to do yard work and gardening. Those days I'm not drinking enough, but trying to do better.

I let some bad food choices in and plateaued for 2 weeks. Lesson learned. Now I'm back to losing.

Energy is better than before, but still not great. I'm just not a high energy person - never have been and probably never will be. Bummer.

I’m doing great.. I’m excited about being down over 50 lbs and half way to goal!

i eat out a lot do to traveling for work, so I certainly don’t always eat perfectly. I’m also terrible with Water. But despite that my weight loss is on track.

I am in a stall. I have lost 70 pounds (counting the 20 before surgery) I guess I am not eating enough. I was told this yesterday at the 12 week check up. I swear I am eating...... some days I just can't get anymore down. I spent last night feeling sorry for myself. New day today, new attitude. I am focusing on more substantially nutritious foods. If it is good for me, high in Protein, I will eat it. Even if I generally do not like it. My goal is to increase my calories by 20% , and increase my protein too.
Wish me luck!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

4 minutes ago, kimber57 said:

I am in a stall. I have lost 70 pounds (counting the 20 before surgery) I guess I am not eating enough. I was told this yesterday at the 12 week check up. I swear I am eating...... some days I just can't get anymore down. I spent last night feeling sorry for myself. New day today, new attitude. I am focusing on more substantially nutritious foods. If it is good for me, high in Protein, I will eat it. Even if I generally do not like it. My goal is to increase my calories by 20% , and increase my Protein too.
Wish me luck!

50 lbs post surgery is amazing, as is 70 total. No reason to be down on yourself!

For reference I saw my surgeon on Monday he was very pleased with my weight loss (also 50 lbs) and said that was fantastic and above average.

3 hours ago, kimber57 said:

I am in a stall. I have lost 70 pounds (counting the 20 before surgery) I guess I am not eating enough. I was told this yesterday at the 12 week check up. I swear I am eating...... some days I just can't get anymore down. I spent last night feeling sorry for myself. New day today, new attitude. I am focusing on more substantially nutritious foods. If it is good for me, high in Protein, I will eat it. Even if I generally do not like it. My goal is to increase my calories by 20% , and increase my Protein too.
Wish me luck!

I try to get at least 800 daily. Not easy I cant even look at a Protein Shake. My weight seems to be coming off slow and steady. I am so excited to be approaching 200 lbs. Finally started working out again.

You need a pity party every now and than, have it and move on. Just like you did.

1 minute ago, Dawn Hanaphy said:

I try to get at least 800 daily. Not easy I cant even look at a Protein Shake. My weight seems to be coming off slow and steady. I am so excited to be approaching 200 lbs. Finally started working out again.

You need a pity party every now and than, have it and move on. Just like you did.

Also your weight loss is great, 50 lbs since surgey + the 20 from preop those are amazing numbers

Today is my 12 week anniversary! Can't believe I did it! Woohoo, 3 months! Dawn we are stat twins except you're an inch taller than I am, we both started at the same EXACT weight and are at the same EXACT weight now and we both had surgery the same day LOL. That makes me feel incredible as I thought I was a slow loser! I probably am, not gonna lie, but I am not unhappy about it.

For reference, I did not go through a pre-op diet. I was at my highest weight day of surgery lol

Hi I am new here I had my sleeve the 1st feb and at the start of my pre op diet two weeks before I was 21st 9lb and today I am 16st 4lb...weight loss is slowing down a bit I seem to have weeks where I lose then I stalk for two weeks then start again ...I keep reading about not eating enough causing stalls?? Can anyone explain this to me please as most days I don’t eat much at all...today I’ve had 5 teaspoons of porridge a coconut milk latte...2 crackers with cheese fit lunch and 3 teaspoons of melon...a bottle of water...then a tea and for dinner a 1 egg cheese and spinach omelette with 2 cherry tomatoes on the side and just had a cup of tea...might have a handful of cashews before bed is this too much or not enough?? Thanks in advance xx

On 5/23/2018 at 2:38 PM, Polymorphing said:

Today is my 12 week anniversary! Can't believe I did it! Woohoo, 3 months! Dawn we are stat twins except you're an inch taller than I am, we both started at the same EXACT weight and are at the same EXACT weight now and we both had surgery the same day LOL. That makes me feel incredible as I thought I was a slow loser! I probably am, not gonna lie, but I am not unhappy about it.

Ha Ha awesome, I have to do the conversion to see the numbers but that is so cool. I did not have a pre-op diet either. I was highest weight day of as well. I was a lap band to sleeve revision. Not sure if that is your case as well. My weight loss seems to be a little quicker the last week or two. Which is awesome. How is the working out going? I really want to get consistent with that. tomorrow I go for my 12 week checkup. How was all your lab work?

sleeve twin Dawn Marie

23 hours ago, kylie said:

Hi I am new here I had my sleeve the 1st feb and at the start of my pre op diet two weeks before I was 21st 9lb and today I am 16st 4lb...weight loss is slowing down a bit I seem to have weeks where I lose then I stalk for two weeks then start again ...I keep reading about not eating enough causing stalls?? Can anyone explain this to me please as most days I don’t eat much at all...today I’ve had 5 teaspoons of porridge a coconut milk latte...2 crackers with cheese fit lunch and 3 teaspoons of melon...a bottle of water...then a tea and for dinner a 1 egg cheese and spinach omelette with 2 cherry tomatoes on the side and just had a cup of tea...might have a handful of cashews before bed is this too much or not enough?? Thanks in advance xx

Hi Kylie, I can look it up but what is a stone 12 lbs?

yes on eating more it is the only time I loose 800 calories a day at a minimum, I had a big stall at 4 weeks and than again at 8 weeks. The more I can put in my system the better I feel and the more i loose. I just started capturing my food on instagram I would love to do Streaks with anyone . Streaks are something my kids do. lol it could be snap chat for all I know. But we could post our food pics daily. Give us all ideas and encouragement.

Hi ya a stone is 14lbs 😊 yes I do that on my instagram too I’d love to see what you are eating on a daily basis would really help with me xx

On 5/24/2018 at 9:52 PM, Dawn Hanaphy said:

Ha Ha awesome, I have to do the conversion to see the numbers but that is so cool. I did not have a pre-op diet either. I was highest weight day of as well. I was a lap band to sleeve revision. Not sure if that is your case as well. My weight loss seems to be a little quicker the last week or two. Which is awesome. How is the working out going? I really want to get consistent with that. tomorrow I go for my 12 week checkup. How was all your lab work?

sleeve twin Dawn Marie

THIS IS SO STRANGE!

I've also been losing weight faster lately. And my appetite/stomach seem to be smaller. I don't get it. I ate more at 2 months post op than I do now LOL. Not complaining. I haven't seriously started working out yet, unfortunately. I only do a quick 20-30 minute workout a day. My check up was great despite me not taking my Vitamins and supplements religiously lol