Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Sleevers Lets Get Excited!!!

15 DAYS AND ONLY 3 LBS

Okay what is the freaking deal? Sleeve 6/4 - this is almost 4 weeks ago. Only lost 13 pounds, but zero pounds in the last 2 weeks. I’m tracking everything and staying the course and doing everything right with 800 calories/day but this is hugely disappointing! I feel great physically. Small portions, no significant hunger or cravings - at least that’s working - but this is not what I signed up for! Someone please tell me this is going to work eventually because right now I feel like it has been a huge waste of time and money.

57 minutes ago, Hope2018 said:

Okay what is the freaking deal? Sleeve 6/4 - this is almost 4 weeks ago. Only lost 13 pounds, but zero pounds in the last 2 weeks. I’m tracking everything and staying the course and doing everything right with 800 calories/day but this is hugely disappointing! I feel great physically. Small portions, no significant hunger or cravings - at least that’s working - but this is not what I signed up for! Someone please tell me this is going to work eventually because right now I feel like it has been a huge waste of time and money.

It's a marathon not a sprint....

Are your clothes looser?

Do you feel lighter?

Do you sleep better?

Are you mentally happier?

My advise to beating any plateau is to eat a few more calories....let your body adapt.... starvation eventually catches up...you have to take care of your body....

And drink more everything.... Peeing helps a lot in eliminating stuff...

3 days out and I’ve lost 4 lbs. gas pain was so unbearable, but it has finally subsided.

I had my first popsicle today! The gurgling in my stomach freaked me out a bit. But found out it was normal.

My family had pizza for dinner. No big deal, I went to visit them. (They have no idea I’ve been sleeved) and I didn’t have any cravings nor desire to have a slice. When I offered, I simply said I ate already. But I’m glad no one can tell that I’ve had surgery. :)

Lala70

how did you get a sleeve at your starting weight ??

1 hour ago, Purple girl said:

Lala70

how did you get a sleeve at your starting weight ??

Before my pre op diet I was at 198-200.

day of surgery weight was 194.

todays weight is 190.

Oh ok. Cause you don’t seem that over weight. Good luck

Sleeved 6 days ago in Mexico.
Sw: 234 Cw: 221 GW: 165. Just started Protein Drink, and having a really hard time with fluids. Feels like a balloon blowing up in my chest every drink I take. GasX doesn’t do the trick. However, Warm fluids do a little better for me, and using a straw now and it seems to be getting a little better each day. Take 3mg of requip for my RLS and can’t crush pill, so I take a teaspoon of yogurt at bedtime right before I take my pill- get a little bit of a tummy ache but nothing like when I tried taking it without the yogurt.

43 minutes ago, mikealkay said:

Sleeved 6 days ago in Mexico.
Sw: 234 Cw: 221 GW: 165. Just started Protein Drink, and having a really hard time with fluids. Feels like a balloon blowing up in my chest every drink I take. GasX doesn’t do the trick. However, Warm fluids do a little better for me, and using a straw now and it seems to be getting a little better each day. Take 3mg of requip for my RLS and can’t crush pill, so I take a teaspoon of yogurt at bedtime right before I take my pill- get a little bit of a tummy ache but nothing like when I tried taking it without the yogurt.

FYI, I was told not to use straws ever because it puts air in your pouch. For everyone who wasn’t aware too, I discovered yesterday that Starbucks has straw-free lids for their cold drinks 👍

2 hours ago, Purple girl said:

Oh ok. Cause you don’t seem that over weight. Good luck

Umm. I’m obese. And I’ve struggled with weight my while life. I was at 199 with diet and exercise.

Yea im not 300+ lbs. but my highest weight was 217 lbs. your comment is basically the reason why I’ve only told 3 people in my life what I’ve done.

And after seeing the size of my stomach after it was removed, I did some serious damage to it by bing eating.

Edited by Lala70

1 hour ago, Crash004 said:

FYI, I was told not to use straws ever because it puts air in your pouch. For everyone who wasn’t aware too, I discovered yesterday that Starbucks has straw-free lids for their cold drinks 👍

I had no idea they had straw free cups! Thanks for the tip. I was just at Starbucks yesterday bought a tall unsweetened passion iced tea without a straw yesterday. It’s sitting on my nightstand half full.

Edited by Lala70

1 hour ago, Lala70 said:

Umm. I’m obese. And I’ve struggled with weight my while life. I was at 199 with diet and exercise.

Yea im not 300+ lbs. but my highest weight was 217 lbs. your comment is basically the reason why I’ve only told 3 people in my life what I’ve done.

And after seeing the size of my stomach after it was removed, I did some serious damage to it by bing eating.

You and i our similar. Im 5'7 as well. Surgery weight 212 now 197, surgery 6/21. Carry the majority of weight in Stomach and size L bra. We are boarderline for this surgery in terms of what most people think but I 100% think i made the right decision! I had issues waiting until i was really hungry and then eating too much, not a snacker. I've been heavy since 19 and could never keep the weight off after losing it.

2 hours ago, Lala70 said:

Lala70 don’t let these opinions of people that don’t know your life get to you. I was scared the whole time before I met the other people having surgery with me because I just knew they were gonna look at me like “wtf is she doing here” but once I met them I felt better because I thought they don’t know me and I don’t know them so even if they judge me it doesn’t matter because they don’t know my story. I’m a low BMI patient and to some maybe “not that much over weight” but those of us on this board aren’t here for a weight competition we are here for support to help one another. So for future reference to anyone who has an opinion for someone who had surgery that maybe you don’t think fits the normal profile just remember this is huge life change and nobody who hadn’t been on the walk of life with a struggle would choose this lightly..... so maybe we may not be walking the same path as you but it doesn’t make our path any less.

Anyways back to the light side! Excited to have you on the sleeved side Lala70. Hope to stick together through the good results... can’t wait to start working out so I don’t lose my booty feels like all 20 lbs have been straight from my ass... figures huh!

HW:202

SW:197

CW180

HT: 5’6.5