Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Sleevers Lets Get Excited!!!

On 06/20/2018 at 18:57, TxAlpha06 said:

Stop weighing yourself daily.....

Pick a day a week and weight yourself that day.....

If you can't mentally handle that, then pick two days....Lets Say Saturdays and Wednesday......

Doing it everyday will drive you Bat Shyt Crazy.....

You right, I am already crazy enough, I don’t need any extra.

1 hour ago, Frustr8 said:

So who's having surgery tomorrow and Friday? Are you,packed, the totes by the front door and everything else ready? Are you going to,remember to update us when the surgery is through? Okay, smile, relax and get a good night of rest. Big Day is Coming.-❤😛❤

I'm here in Mexico and having surgery in the morning! Finally....

You got this ❤️❤️

I head to Mexico on Sunday for surgery on Monday!

3 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

So who's having surgery tomorrow and Friday? Are you,packed, the totes by the front door and everything else ready? Are you going to,remember to update us when the surgery is through? Okay, smile, relax and get a good night of rest. Big Day is Coming.-❤😛❤

Hi All, I’m 7:30am tomorrow with a 5:30 report time. So nervous but stayed busy all day with last minute errands, laundry, cleaning and presurgery lab work & ekg. I think my husband is more stressed & worried than me. Hardest part about tomorrow I think will be getting the 20 yr old up to go keep husband company during surgery lol. Good luck and prayers to all my 6/21 surgery twins out there. I’ll text update later in day if up to it 👍

7 minutes ago, Crash004 said:

Hi All, I’m 7:30am tomorrow with a 5:30 report time. So nervous but stayed busy all day with last minute errands, laundry, cleaning and presurgery lab work & ekg. I think my husband is more stressed & worried than me. Hardest part about tomorrow I think will be getting the 20 yr old up to go keep husband company during surgery lol. Good luck and prayers to all my 6/21 surgery twins out there. I’ll text update later in day if up to it 👍

Good luck hunn! I was really nervous months/weeks/days leading up to my surgery but surprisingly the day of the actual procedure I was so calm and ready. The whole thing will be over before you know it.

Good luck June sleevers that I’ve surgeries soon!

For those that have had surgery this month- what is your daily calorie intake? I’m 14 days post op and I am getting about 500 calories and 60g of Protein per day. I can eat about 1/4 cup of mushy food before needing to stop. I’m wondering if that’s what others are experiencing?

5 hours ago, Hapamomma said:

For those that have had surgery this month- what is your daily calorie intake? I’m 14 days post op and I am getting about 500 calories and 60g of Protein per day. I can eat about 1/4 cup of mushy food before needing to stop. I’m wondering if that’s what others are experiencing?

My op was 4 June. I’m on mushy/purée phase at the moment with a daily calorie goal of 800. I have a ‘get up and go’ for Breakfast, a morning coffee when I get to work. I have homemade lentil Soup for lunch (1/2 cup) and homemade chicken & veg soup for dinner (1/2 cup). On weekends I have a scrambled egg for breakfast. I add Protein to the Soups to meet my protein goals.

Im also taking additional supplements, fibre, Calcium, Vitamin D, multi Vitamin and zinc. I drink a lot of Water, between 2-3 litres a day. I’m constantly sipping water to keep me hydrated.

I was sleeved on June 5. I don't think I have a lot of swelling in my stomach left because I can eat about 3/4 cup of food in a setting. I eat about 800 cal a day, 60g of protein, but I will see my NUT tomorrow so this might change. I start mushy food today, I have been on purees for a week, I think ? At this point, I can more or less eat like the rest of the family : crustless quiche, dahl, cauliflower and ricotta puree. Today, I am making turkey meatballs so I am super excited !

Sent from my LG-H831 using BariatricPal mobile app

On 06/21/2018 at 06:54, charlotte0606 said:

I was sleeved on June 5. I don't think I have a lot of swelling in my stomach left because I can eat about 3/4 cup of food in a setting. I eat about 800 cal a day, 60g of Protein, but I will see my NUT tomorrow so this might change. I start mushy food today, I have been on purees for a week, I think ? At this point, I can more or less eat like the rest of the family : crustless quiche, dahl, cauliflower and ricotta puree. Today, I am making turkey meatballs so I am super excited !

I emailed my NUT to see if I need to try to get some more calories. I definitely cannot do more than 1/4 cup of mushy food. I have tried to do a bit more a few times and was miserable. Let me know if your NUT changes anything for you. Wondering if I should be trying for a few more calories per day. I have lost about 11 pounds since surgery day and currently weigh 230.

My surgery is on Monday June 25 and I honestly feel like backing out. Is this a normal feeling? I have my high and low moments and I’m afraid I might be making the worst decision of my life. I have been on a liquid diet for 8 days. I’m not sure if that’s starting to cloud my judgement, but I feel so conflicted at this moment.

I emailed my NUT to see if I need to try to get some more calories. I definitely cannot do more than 1/4 cup of mushy food. I have tried to do a bit more a few times and was miserable. Let me know if your NUT changes anything for you. Wondering if I should be trying for a few more calories per day. I have lost about 11 pounds since surgery day and currently weigh 230.
I will let you know how the meeting goes. And let us know what your own NUT thinks. There are many different programs and not one way to lose weight. I know I don't do well on very restrictive diets but some strive on these kinds of plans. How are you doing on purees and liquids? When I was on full liquid, I could take on many calories because liquids would just slide through. On purees, I would have lots of greek yogourt, hummus, etc.

On 06/21/2018 at 07:13, idongo said:

My surgery is on Monday June 25 and I honestly feel like backing out. Is this a normal feeling? I have my high and low moments and I’m afraid I might be making the worst decision of my life. I have been on a liquid diet for 8 days. I’m not sure if that’s starting to cloud my judgement, but I feel so conflicted at this moment.
I felt the same way right before, but had swings of excitement mixed with doubt. I’m about 2 weeks post op and have lost 24 pounds since starting the pre-op liquid diet; 11 pounds since surgery. It was not a mistake for me. The firsts 3 days after surgery were very rough for me but I am feeling pretty great now. Hang in there! The liquid diet was not fun. I’m on mushy food now and it has made a huge difference!

Hi all, glad to be on other side. I’ll keep short since drugged and keep fixing errors lol. Sleeved at 7:30am this morning and doing well. Gas pain not fun but good drugs. Hardest part of day was getting settled back into bed after a walk. 4 Oz broth and two little nibbles of sugarfree Jello for dinner. I’ll post more after discharge tomorrow or Saturday. Hope all my 21st twins out there doing well, too.

HW 304

SW 277

GW 150