Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Sleevers Lets Get Excited!!!

20 minutes ago, Hope2018 said:

Sleeve on June 4. Only lost 13 pounds since then. Only 1 pound in the last 9 days. Walking 1.5 miles. Protein 70-80 g day. 800 calories/day. Hydration 60 oz. Really really disappointed! WTH am I doing wrong?!!

My sleeve surgery was 6/6. I have lost 12 pounds with very little movement on the scale this whole last week. I am doing 70-80g of protein/day, walking 60 mins/day, getting about 72oz Water and between 500-650 cals/per day. I was wondering the same thing. I had my post-op appointment last Thursday and the surgeon told me if I stay the course, I will be below 200 pounds at my 3 month check-up. I’m 229 as of today.

hi everyone I'm new to the site. I had my gastric sleeve 6/12 still on liquids due to dehydration. I've gone from 222 (day of surgery) to now weighing in at 201. I'm very happy with the weight loss but it has been hell. I cant seem to drink enough Water, my urine is very dark so my surgeon is worried and that's why he kept me on liquids one more week. I haven't been drinking Vitamins as they are not needed yet. I cant drink the Premier Protein it doesn't sit well and it doesn't taste well. they told me about Isopure , I still haven't looked into that. I'm really going through and even regretting my surgery :( . some advice would be appreciated !

I had my sleeve June 5 and I am in the very same boat. I have regrets. I can’t seem to get enough Water, or Protein. My weight loss has all but stopped. I’m depressed, high anxiety and totally not myself. I feel like crap every time I eat or drink. I have 2 friends that had the surgery before me and they promise me it gets better, so I still have hopes. I have tried the Isopure, it’s very good. Also the 42gm New Whey Protein Drinks are helpful. I know this probably wasn’t much help to you, other than to let you know what you are feeling is normal and you’re not alone. 😌

My surgery day is tomorrow. I had someone going with me but they decided to be a unsupportive jerk and not go. So I’m going solo. Such a negative way to begin a new journey, not maybe this person doesn’t belong in this new journey.

9 hours ago, Lala70 said:

My surgery day is tomorrow. I had someone going with me but they decided to be a unsupportive jerk and not go. So I’m going solo. Such a negative way to begin a new journey, not maybe this person doesn’t belong in this new journey.

So sorry, keep your chin up. I sort of felt similar. I think some people think if you change for the better you arent going to like them anymore, thats their insecurities talking. I later reassured why im doing this and things got better. Everyone has insecurties and worries.

Edited by Gypsyvangirl

On 06/28/2018 at 01:20, Lala70 said:

You said it best they don’t belong in your new journey!!

On 6/25/2018 at 7:59 AM, michelle0721 said:

I was sleeved on June 19th. My doctor gave me the My On-Q Pump for pain. I had absolutely no pain and my recovery is going great. I took the pump out on Saturday and I still don’t have any pain. So far I’ve lost 11 lbs in 6 days. I would recommend anyone having surgery to talk to there doctor about this pump.

I had two On-Q pumps and they were fantastic! No pain whatsoever!

my surgery was 6/6....outside low Iron I have felt great...picked my workouts back up two weeks later after my dr approved...and now...ready to jump in a pool...I cannot wait.

Sleeve on June 4. Only lost 13 pounds since then. Only 1 pound in the last 9 days. Walking 1.5 miles. Protein 70-80 g day. 800 calories/day. Hydration 60 oz. Really really disappointed! WTH am I doing wrong?!!
Sounds like you are doing everything right. My surgery date was June 4. I didn't loose much at first then this past week it is picking up. Remember that you had to loose the surgery weight also. I made the mistake of stepping on the scale the day after surgery. I was 17 pounds heavier. I was not prepared for that number.

Keep going, you have lost more than you realize.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 06/27/2018 at 10:07, Hapamomma said:

My sleeve surgery was 6/6. I have lost 12 pounds with very little movement on the scale this whole last week. I am doing 70-80g of protein/day, walking 60 mins/day, getting about 72oz Water and between 500-650 cals/per day. I was wondering the same thing. I had my post-op appointment last Thursday and the surgeon told me if I stay the course, I will be below 200 pounds at my 3 month check-up. I’m 229 as of today.

Sleeved 6/7, same exactly thing is happening with me. Maybe is a normal stall. What everybody said is to keep up with the doctors guidelines and eventually the weight will start to shed again. I stopped worrying, as long I’m moving forward. Ready for the marathon. I also check the scale daily and some day stays the same than I loose half pound, than another day the same and it goes.

HW 280
SW 250
CW 236

5 hours ago, gully90 said:
14 hours ago, Lala70 said:

You said it best they don’t belong in your new journey!!

Yess! Not going to lie, it hurt me. Since I crossed the border. But my coordinator was with me, and is still with me. Love her so much for that.

I was so scared before going in. But I’m awake now. Been awake for a few hours. When i first woke up I was in pain and nauseas. It’s now 4 hours later I’m still groggy, but I’m being refreshed with crushed ice. It’s such a crazy feeling how I can feel how must that liquid is going to my new stomach.

5 hours ago, Gypsyvangirl said:

So sorry, keep your chin up. I sort of felt similar. I think some people think if you change for the better you arent going to like them anymore, thats their insecurities talking. I later reassured why im doing this and things got better. Everyone has insecurties and worries.

Thanks love! I needed that: just so disheartening. Why are some men so stupid?! 😡

I’m back and on the sleeved side! 😍

Had mine 6/21 down 15lbs