Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am still having that issue almost 2 weeks out. I had my Sleeve surgery 4/18. I had no issues drinking 64 of of Water before surgery but just can’t seem to get it down now. Dr says to have a water bottle in your hand at all times. I am really trying to get the water down!

sugar free popsicles and chicken broth were both life savers for me. Regular Water just did not sit well with me. I could only drink ice water or Powerade zero orange (ice cold). I am almost 4 weeks out (sleeved 4/11) and still am drinking the powerade zero. It’s constantly sipping away at it, every second you’re awake. Exhausting but better than more IVs at the hospital.

I was extremely bad at drinking Water when I had just gotten out of surgery.. The nurses would scold me but I just could not drink as much as they wanted me too. Gatorade was my best friend when I got home. Even taking tiny sips at a time will help you recover and build your strength.

I am still having that issue almost 2 weeks out. I had my Sleeve surgery 4/18. I had no issues drinking 64 of of Water before surgery but just can’t seem to get it down now. Dr says to have a water bottle in your hand at all times. I am really trying to get the water down!

you and me both I try sipping all day long like they say but still cant even finish 2 bottles of water smh

I was extremely bad at drinking Water when I had just gotten out of surgery.. The nurses would scold me but I just could not drink as much as they wanted me too. Gatorade was my best friend when I got home. Even taking tiny sips at a time will help you recover and build your strength.

just any gatorade? I thought it had to be sugar free?

1 minute ago, mistique90 said:

just any gatorade? I thought it had to be sugar free?

Gatorade and Water. My surgeon said that I could have Gatorade G2 since it has less sugar. I'm really glad he gave me the go ahead, because I really enjoyed it after having the Jello, Soup, etc from the hospital.

Gatorade and Water. My surgeon said that I could have Gatorade G2 since it has less sugar. I'm really glad he gave me the go ahead, because I really enjoyed it after having the Jello, Soup, etc from the hospital.

okay great I’ll have to ask my surgeon if I could have gatorade g2 because I need the electrolytes so bad im super dehydrated and do no want to go back to the hospital for fluids. good thing I have an appointment thursday morning

Good luck girl! I'm sure he wont object

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I had my sleeve done 3/16/18 and I am still struggling with dehydration. I ended up back at the ER for fluids 7 days post op and I have never caught up. Yesterday I was back again with a fecal impact due to dehydration. It should never take 7 hours to poop! I have never been caught up even after fluids at the er. I can tolerate the sugar-free Popsicles but everything else is really difficult. I have never been a drinker prior to surgery and I am worse now. I was also told Gatorade G2 was okay but I had to Water it down 50/50.

Unfortunately I am five months out and still have this issue. I do my best but I can’t drink near what I could before surgery. I am better now than a few weeks post op but still struggle.

Do what you can. I have been plagued with persistent urinary tract infections since my surgery and I know my lack of hydration is a big part of that.

Hot Decaf herbal tea, sugar free popsicles and Protein Shakes were a life saver (still are)

I still struggle to get more than 40 - 45 oz a day.

HW 242, SW 236- (Bypass 12/20/17)
GW#1- 199 (2/11/18)
GW#2- 180 (4/2/18)
GW#3- 160
CW 172
5’6”

One of my favorite ways of getting Water in when I'm struggling is to use my blender, ice, water, and a flavor enhancer (anything by True Lemon are my favs due to either no sugar or very low sugar content) I make them into kind of a snowcone or slushie. I feel like it's kind of a treat.

HW 302
SW ----
CW 284
GW 150-ISH

"I've never seen a smiling face that was not beautiful." - Unk

@mistique90 I hope you get to feel better soon. Maybe you'll look back someday,and see this as a tiny bump in the road. Try really hard to get more fluids in, I think,you'll start to feel better when you do.😝👍