Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost quit on Day 1 of my pre-op liquid diet

Which is better...Premiere or Pure Protein?

Y’all. I thought I was tough. I’m on day one preop liquid diet and I feel like such a pansy. I’m miserable— my head is killing me, I’m nauseated, and I’m shaky. I’ve been a total bear to my coworkers today cause I feel extra cranky. I needed to find this thread to know I’m not alone. If I’m having this much trouble on the preop diet, how am I going to succeed post op??? My surgery is scheduled May 9, and now I’m scared I’m not up for it. My weight has been the only thing in my life that I can’t conquer.... I guess I didn’t expect to have such a struggle with something so simple as one day of a liquid diet. Please tell me that this is a normal reaction preop. [emoji51]

You and me both lol I thought I was tough too, in fact I was eager to start my liquid diet because I couldn’t wait to begin the process and look at me now.. here complaining and whining since day 1 to any and everyone that will hear me out [emoji23] but everyone is so awesome. They really know just what to say to pick you up and give you that pull. I had made another post yesterday wondering that same thing- how in the world can someone work while on this diet because if you feel anything like me you want to take several naps and are too weak to do anything that requires coordination or concentration. I’ll check up on you to see how you’re doing, I’m dying if you were wondering lol.

Yo-Yo Girl from New York City :)

Hang in there. I'm on day 2 and I couldn't sleep well last night and some serious headaches. I also am cranky and really tired but I heard it gets better. It's not easy but if we continue gainiby weight, we are not living life the way we should be. I'm miserable with my current weight and I think vsg will be a great tool to begin feeling better and enjoying all the great things in life. Don't doubt yourself and if you need support, continue to reach out here. This really helps. We all got this [emoji847]

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

All my symptoms.. I feel hot like I can’t breathe fatigued crazy moody major headache.. I can go on and on [emoji24][emoji24]

Which is better...Premiere or Pure Protein?

Premier is definitely better although pure protein isn’t bad or chalky. My only prob with premier is that it tastes a little sweeter than I prefer. I got one case just to try it out and because it was a good deal and you can’t go wrong with 35 grams of protein. right now I’m loving premiers caramel flavor.. it’s very creamy and delicious especially cold.

OMG y'all I'm on day 2 of my liquid diet! My Dr only wanted 10 days but I was so excited I went ahead and started the 14 days! I felt like **** last night. My head was killing me. Today was the same thing. I'm glad I'm not the only one going through this. Does it get better? When??
Am I drinking enough?? Can so.eone lost what they consume in a day?

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

OMG y'all I'm on day 2 of my liquid diet! My Dr only wanted 10 days but I was so excited I went ahead and started the 14 days! I felt like **** last night. My head was killing me. Today was the same thing. I'm glad I'm not the only one going through this. Does it get better? When??
Am I drinking enough?? Can so.eone lost what they consume in a day?

I’m glad to see here that others are in the same boat as me. Last night I went to bed feeling awful. I really thought to myself what’s wrong with me why am I so out of control why do I want to break this diet so bad and eat everything, everyone else does the diet why can’t I. But I’m reading here that everyone else also goes through all these feelings so we are no exception.. I’m wondering if I can have almonds lol [emoji30] I wish mine was 10 days even 13 days I need this to be over the sooner the better. Everyone keeps saying that after the 3rd day they feel better and I must admit that although today is only my 2nd day it’s deff been better than yesterday. Yest I just felt like the day was 80 hours long. Day couldn’t be over fast enough for me to sleep this hunger off but I can’t sleep when I’m hungry so I was up late hungry and with a headache. Mann I can complain for hours about this diet lolol

I’m glad to see here that others are in the same boat as me. Last night I went to bed feeling awful. I really thought to myself what’s wrong with me why am I so out of control why do I want to break this diet so bad and eat everything, everyone else does the diet why can’t I. But I’m reading here that everyone else also goes through all these feelings so we are no exception.. I’m wondering if I can have almonds lol [emoji30] I wish mine was 10 days even 13 days I need this to be over the sooner the better. Everyone keeps saying that after the 3rd day they feel better and I must admit that although today is only my 2nd day it’s deff been better than yesterday. Yest I just felt like the day was 80 hours long. Day couldn’t be over fast enough for me to sleep this hunger off but I can’t sleep when I’m hungry so I was up late hungry and with a Headache. Mann I can complain for hours about this diet lolol

Yo-Yo Girl from New York City [emoji4]

When is your surgery

When is your surgery

May 14th how about yours?

Day 3 [emoji28] I’m really doing this.. I can’t believe it!

10 hours ago, Yo-yo girl said:

You and me both lol I thought I was tough too, in fact I was eager to start my liquid diet because I couldn’t wait to begin the process and look at me now.. here complaining and whining since day 1 to any and everyone that will hear me out but everyone is so awesome. They really know just what to say to pick you up and give you that pull. I had made another post yesterday wondering that same thing- how in the world can someone work while on this diet because if you feel anything like me you want to take several naps and are too weak to do anything that requires coordination or concentration. I’ll check up on you to see how you’re doing, I’m dying if you were wondering lol.

I think sometimes we just need reassurance that we’re not completely nuts and that we’re not alone. To be honest, I’ve been focusing so much on the big picture of change after surgery that this week didn’t even make it to my radar as having the potential to be this bad.

I took some Tylenol yesterday and that made a huge difference. We just need to keep our eyes on the big picture and vent on this thread. Anyone have any opinions on how this preop week (or two) compares to the liquid diet post op? Should we expect headaches and nausea to the same extent or maybe more?

Thanks all for the support. At least my headaches are distracting me from the nerves of surgery for now!

I think sometimes we just need reassurance that we’re not completely nuts and that we’re not alone. To be honest, I’ve been focusing so much on the big picture of change after surgery that this week didn’t even make it to my radar as having the potential to be this bad.

I took some Tylenol yesterday and that made a huge difference. We just need to keep our eyes on the big picture and vent on this thread. Anyone have any opinions on how this preop week (or two) compares to the liquid diet post op? Should we expect headaches and nausea to the same extent or maybe more?

Thanks all for the support. At least my headaches are distracting me from the nerves of surgery for now!

For me, my pre op and post op liquid diet were the same. Trust me, after surgery you will not be thinking about eating...at least I haven't. You will have new concerns: gas, walking, etc. I'm eight days post op and feeling better each day. Pre op is mentally challenging which prepares you for post op. Its not easy but its worth it! Hang in there and I'll see you on the loser's bench! [emoji6]

We all struggling girl lol but we will continue this journey together.

We all struggling girl lol but we will continue this journey together.

May 15th

I'm May 14th. We all very close. I'm excited we can support eachother.