Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

I would love a surprise party too. Never had one.

Happy Fathers Day fellas.

Happy Birthday Lulu. Hope you have a good B-day.

I thought Ebony was going on vacation in July. She is to silent.

Never want to roller blade. I would be the one to fall and bust all my bones!

Happy Sunday to everyone. have a blessed one.

ps - beth no pics on fb on the roller blading???

Y'know, that would have been fun, wouldn't it? I was afraid for any of us to hold any sort of electronics since we're all new at this. It hadda be fun for the neighbors, though, to see 40- and 50-somethings out there on roller blades like infants learning how to walk. :)

Beth.....O.K. That takes care of your bottom, but what about your arms? Elbow pads help some but.... LOL

That's why I just need bubble wrap. Lots and LOTS of bubble wrap. :)

PJTP: About to set off on my first day at the new job. It feels weird leaving only 15 minutes before I'm due to start but the job is literally 5 minutes drive away, so I'll still be 10 minutes early. Wish me luck, people!

PJTP: About to set off on my first day at the new job. It feels weird leaving only 15 minutes before I'm due to start but the job is literally 5 minutes drive away, so I'll still be 10 minutes early. Wish me luck, people!

You've got my best wishes! Have a FANTASTIC first day!

And it's very spoiling to live so close to work. My prior job was literally a mile from my front door.

PJTP...HI y'all!

Sorry to be so quiet this weekend...nope - I haven't gone on vacation yet. Haven't heard anything about the job yet...they did contact me and ask for clarification on my references. They wanted supervisors only for references, which is tough, because the job I had in Norwich - I was a department head, and the City Manager who was there is long gone. I did give them the doc who was head of my section for the job previous to the one I have now. But no definate word on the new job yet. I'm on pins and needles!

Now that I've updated ya'll, I gotta catch up, so...

Oh, I know you can't have both. I don't have either in my house. I meant I was in too big of a hurry just to get a house and didn't do enough research. I was just too excited about the prospect of owning my own home.

DH and I did the EXACT same thing when we bought our first house in Norwich. Bought on price and configuration (sort of) didn't get a good inspection done, found all SORTS of challenges once we moved in. Made the best of it, renovated extensively, and made a good profit when we sold it. Went through some nightmares with tenants first, but it ended okay.

Yeah, I think it is a big part of homebuying. With me, the first house was just so... BIG. To be our age and be able to get a house that was so... BIG... amazed me, even though it was a fixer-upper.

Our current house was an extreme fixer-upper. Had been condemned, empty for several years, etc. So far, we're doing well with it. Heavy duty cleaning on Friday - that's partly why I haven't been around!

It was really gorgeous when we finished it -- then we sold it. As a matter of fact, I pulled it up last night on GoogleEarth (street-level, if you can believe it) and saw a pic of it since we've left. The morons who took it over have turned it to crap. At least outside. Very disappointing. :)

Oh how sad...to see a house you put so much into left to become ordinary again...the house and lots we sold have been improved tremendously by the guy we sold them to...he actually built two new multi-families on the lots we sold him plus a condemned house on the other side which he also bought from us...it's beautiful now.

My house isn't big. It is actually a lot less of a house than I could have had if I had followed my heart and stayed in the neighborhood that we were living in before.

Sometimes it's really hard to follow your head instead of your heart...if I'd really thought it through, I wouldn't have bought our current house. My head said it was just too much...of course I didn't listen, and so far it's worked out okay, but there are times when I wonder if I made the right decision. DH says the next house MUST be either new or already renovated - he says he's not doing the 'This Old House' thing again...

I went from approval to signing papers within a month. I won't do it that way again.

We bought our current house in May, renovated over the summer, and moved in just before school started because relocating changed my daughter's bus stop...in retrospect, we should have FINISHED the renovations before moving in - one you're in the house, it's much tougher to finish!

Okay, WTF? Anybody seen the ad for the new show created by The Bachelor folks called More To Love? It's a bunch of overweight "average" women looking for love. Some of them all weepy saying they just want to be loved too. Omg.

'More to Love' -- Fox orders dating competition series for the heavy set--The Live Feed

Not no, but h**l NO!

Hells yeah!! That's what I'm talking about!!

Thanks, Plain, I'm pretty excited about it too!:)

That Bevo is a lucky bastard!! Hey, can I be the 'flower girl"? I look pretty in a dress. In theory, I mean.....

OMFG!!!!!

Quit showing that off OR I SWEAR I WILL COME UP THERE AND STEAL IT!!!! You're making me green w/ envy, lol.

I think they still shoot people for 'rustling', Plain...I don't think I'd wanna cross Beth...and definately NOT over her 'iron horse'!

Tell ya what. If you ever come up here, I'll put the pinion seat back on her and take ya for a spin. I'll even wear my tee: If you can read this, then the bitch fell off.

Deal? :)

ROFLMBO...

Where do you get these? That was nice.

It's a little book/magazine that my mom got me started on called The Daily Word. They have a website - just look up DailyWord.com, I think.

They are very bible-based, but not in a *you-know-who* kinda way (name not to be mentioned for fear it will conjure her up). I like them a lot...

*Ebony, hope you're having a good day today!!!

I actually had a really nice Friday - even though I haven't gotten the confirmation on the new job yet...went to visit a friend in the hospital - she had to have an emergency appendectomy. Spent part of Thursday having stomach pains, thought it was something else, got it checked out, turned out it was her appendix. Just as they were testing her to see the extent of the problem, it burst! She's a bypass patient, and unfortunately they couldn't do the operation laparoscopically (sp?) so the had to do a full incision. Luckily, they caught it before the infection went too far...

We've always wanted a Pyrenees, so we know what we're getting ourselves into as far as that goes. We also want to get a Newfoundland someday too! And I like Neo Mastiffs and Great Danes too! Can we say BIG dogs! LOL!

I pray all works out well for the dog - we tend to like big dogs too...our first was a Labrador, then a Leonberger (which is a Newfie/Great Pyrenees/St. Bernard mix) / Shepherd mix (we lost him - someone adopted him and never brought him back after he got out one day), and now our Mastiff/mutt mix. Nothing but Big Dogs over here!

Well, I think I'm caught up now...hopefully I'll have good news to report on the job front on Monday. Everyone enjoy their Sunday evening!:unsure:

Edited by EbonyRose
Leonberger breed description

So glad that your all right Ebony. Kinda had us worried. Sorry to hear about your friend, but glad she is OK.

I'm going to my family dr. in the morning. Then I will see what he has to say. I will go from there. I have been hurting really bad today. Even the pain meds aren't helping much. Sorry if I am complaining to much.

Morning all! It is forecast to be a hot (for here) sunny week...too bad I have to work. I'd much prefer to spend the time outside playing in the dirt - oh well. DH and I managed to spend hours yesterday outside - I planted some trees, moved rocks, weeded. I made a new garden bed on the side of the house (just a small one to start - the length of the house and about 3 feet wide, but I'll build on it over time) while DH mowed, trimmed, planted a few more seedlings, and generally puttered. Today I'm a little burned on the back of the neck, scratched, and mosquito bitten - kinda rough around the edges! I will never make a hand model with my short nails and callouses, scrapes, blisters and freckles. Oh, but the fun I had!!!:w00t::w00t:

It hadda be fun for the neighbors, though, to see 40- and 50-somethings out there on roller blades like infants learning how to walk. :(

Love the image...and yes, I'm sure you were entertaining!

That's why I just need bubble wrap. Lots and LOTS of bubble wrap. :biggrin:

:lol::lol:

PJTP: About to set off on my first day at the new job. Wish me luck, people!

Good luck!

Haven't heard anything about the job yet...they did contact me and ask for clarification on my references. But no definate word on the new job yet. I'm on pins and needles!

So are we!!

I'm going to my family dr. in the morning. I have been hurting really bad today. Even the pain meds aren't helping much.

G4E - Hope things go well with the doc. Keep us posted.

And now, time to get ready for the day. Have a good one!

P.S. I really don't like snakes! Saw the first one in my garden yesterday...and it slithered under the house....which just gives me the heebie-jeebies!

Well the first day of work went well, although it turns out that a lot of the system analysis and set up work that I thought I'd be doing has already been done, so I may just end up with the boring part of the grunt work, so I'm not as excited as I was yesterday. That, however, may just be because I am seriously BUMMED about the news that I got this afternoon at 4:15pm, to say that my house sale has fallen through for the SECOND time for the same reason!! What the hell is wrong with people??? Do they really think that banks will make loans of over a third of a million dollars without checking up on the applicant's credit history??? Do they really think they can get away with that crap? Or do they just not care how many others it mucks about for them to take a stupid chance? ARRRGGGHHHH!!!

Back to Square One :( *cries*

P.S. I really don't like snakes! Saw the first one in my garden yesterday...and it slithered under the house....which just gives me the heebie-jeebies!

Snakes rock!! When (note: not IF!!) I sell my house and move to my new place, I'm going to get a Stimsons Python for a pet. I can't wait!

Fanny - Perhaps as it was your first day, they were just sort of sussing out your knowledge etc., and the 'good stuff' will evolve with time. I hope so anyway.

As for your house - What are people thinking? Why don't they get their funding limit established BEFORE they go shopping instead of screwing around with people's lives?!? I'd be so angry if that happened to me!

And a snake...as a pet???? My skin is crawling just to think of it. I wouldn't hurt one (unless it was going to attack me), but I would prefer not to know they are around, not to see them in MY garden....what if I had accidently cut it with a spade, or touched it when planting things........oh ick ick ick!!!!!!