Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

I should have kept looking further, but that finance offer was apparently burning a hole in my purse! I went from approval to signing papers within a month. I won't do it that way again.

If it helps you feel better about how you jumped the gun, we have you beat. I went and looked at our house on a Friday (wasn't overly impressed, and could only look through the windows anyway -- a realtor told me abut it and sent me there thinking it was open). Told hubby about it in passing that evening, and we went to look at it inside and out on Saturday. Went back again on Sunday to check out a few more things about the house. And there was a sealed bid on Tuesday morning. By that evening we learned we won the bid and owned the house. :thumbup:

Feel better? :)

If it helps you feel better about how you jumped the gun, we have you beat. I went and looked at our house on a Friday (wasn't overly impressed, and could only look through the windows anyway -- a realtor told me abut it and sent me there thinking it was open). Told hubby about it in passing that evening, and we went to look at it inside and out on Saturday. Went back again on Sunday to check out a few more things about the house. And there was a sealed bid on Tuesday morning. By that evening we learned we won the bid and owned the house. :thumbup:

Feel better? :)

Yep! I feel better knowing I am not alone. I wasn't impressed with my house either. It was ok, but it wasn't my dream. :)

I still have everything crossed for you.

EVERYthing?!? *wiggles eyebrows*

Oh - and the fact that this morning, I got on my scale and I've reached the 50 pounds lost mark!

Hells yeah!! That's what I'm talking about!!

Plain- I went to the Facebook site, but just as quickly backed away. They want to know tooo much information including name etc.

Tap, you don't HAVE to use your real name. and you choose how much info you want to share (email, phone number,etc. heck, you don't even have to use a picture of your face. You don't have to post ANY pictures, for that matter)

Well, as of January 1, 2010 he really will be DH and I will be his DW.

That Bevo is a lucky bastard!! Hey, can I be the 'flower girl"? I look pretty in a dress. In theory, I mean.....

For those without FB or who are not in my network (and yes, it's like showing off baby pics, lol):

PICT0026.jpg

Quit showing that off OR I SWEAR I WILL COME UP THERE AND STEAL IT!!!! You're making me green w/ envy, lol.

Okay, WTF? Anybody seen the ad for the new show created by The Bachelor folks called More To Love? It's a bunch of overweight "average" women looking for love. Some of them all weepy saying they just want to be loved too. Omg.

'More to Love' -- Fox orders dating competition series for the heavy set--The Live Feed

Great minds! I was just mulling over whether or not to start a seperate thread on this show (I just now saw the preview).

It's not that I think this show is any more exploitative than any of the other "reality" stuff, but if all the ladies are big (they make it point of saying "real ladies" on the preview) then isn't this essentially a show about a dude with a fetish? And also about the women that will indulge that fetish? Seems a little lame to me.

CONGRATS Glouc!!! How exciting!! I know how you feel about wanting something but being scared of it at the same time, but remember - if it feels right, just do it!!

It's not that I think this show is any more exploitative than any of the other "reality" stuff, but if all the ladies are big (they make it point of saying "real ladies" on the preview) then isn't this essentially a show about a dude with a fetish? And also about the women that will indulge that fetish? Seems a little lame to me.

The dude's not all that tiny himself. But the ones they TALK about are the overweight women.

It almost reminds me of an episode of MAD Tv where they did the Lowered Expectations skits.

PJTP...

Glouc, I get a daily email from an inspirational publication, and today's message seemed appropriate for your situation. I've paraphrased a bit, but...

Today's Daily Word - Thursday, June 18, 2009

Change

I cross every bridge to change with faith and confidence.

As I complete one phase of my life, I make ready for the next one. I may be changing from a role as a student to one of being an employee. I may be taking on the added responsibility of owning my own home. I may no longer choose the single life and commit to a lifelong partner.

Whatever change I embark on, I build a bridge to my new experience. With planning, insight, and prayer, faith and confidence, I trust as I step forward to change.

Good luck! :thumbup:

Awesome! Thank you so much for that. That makes me feel much better.

Also, great instructions!

I haven't done walls (Ebony? Sounds like you did...), but I did floors and they turned out FANTASTIC.

Yes, they look great!

That Bevo is a lucky bastard!! Hey, can I be the 'flower girl"? I look pretty in a dress. In theory, I mean.....

Um, I think between our daughters we have it covered, but if one backs out - I'll call ya!

CONGRATS Glouc!!! How exciting!! I know how you feel about wanting something but being scared of it at the same time, but remember - if it feels right, just do it!!

Thank you! It DOES feel right! :) I just wish it were already over and done with.

An elopement to Vegas sounds better and better....

Um, I think between our daughters we have it covered, but if one backs out - I'll call ya!

Wait, THIS I gotta see: Plain in a dress. Wait, seen that. Plain in a dress at a formal function. Shoot, seen that too. Plain in a dress holding flowers. I don't think I've seen that yet. Wait........... no. I haven't seen that yet.

Quit showing that off OR I SWEAR I WILL COME UP THERE AND STEAL IT!!!! You're making me green w/ envy, lol.

Tell ya what. If you ever come up here, I'll put the pinion seat back on her and take ya for a spin. I'll even wear my tee: If you can read this, then the bitch fell off.

Deal? :thumbup:

Tell ya what. If you ever come up here, I'll put the pinion seat back on her and take ya for a spin. I'll even wear my tee: If you can read this, then the bitch fell off.

Deal? :thumbup:

Oh, absolutely!!

Love the t-shirt quote!!! Reminds me of my father's leather jacket back in his young hoon days :). He rode a bike (BSA) in the late fifties and had the prerequisite black leather jacket, with the letters N.R.N.R.H. printed on the back. They stood for No Root, No Ride Home! If you know any Aussie slang, you'll understand why our family LOVES to tease my mother about the fact that she used to ride on the back of that bike! :):thumbup:

Love the t-shirt quote!!! Reminds me of my father's leather jacket back in his young hoon days :). He rode a bike (BSA) in the late fifties and had the prerequisite black leather jacket, with the letters N.R.N.R.H. printed on the back. They stood for No Root, No Ride Home! If you know any Aussie slang, you'll understand why our family LOVES to tease my mother about the fact that she used to ride on the back of that bike! :):thumbup:

Glad I clicked on that hyperlink there! I thought maybe root was slang for "penis." :)

Congrats Glou!

Darn Lulu, we can't live vicariously though you now that your back home.

Ex is loaning me some money. He even offered more than I asked for. So phone will stay on and I can make all the calls I need to. he even understands that I have no Idea when I will be able to pay him back.

I want to see you in a dress with flowers plain!

Ebony, I loved the quote for Glou.

Have a good night everyone.

Love the t-shirt quote!!! Reminds me of my father's leather jacket back in his young hoon days :D. He rode a bike (BSA) in the late fifties and had the prerequisite black leather jacket, with the letters N.R.N.R.H. printed on the back. They stood for No Root, No Ride Home! If you know any Aussie slang, you'll understand why our family LOVES to tease my mother about the fact that she used to ride on the back of that bike! :blink::sad:

Is that saying analogous to the American saying "No gas, no grass, no ass......no free ride" ?

*edited to add: I clicked on the translator: I have not heard "come the raw prawn" in YEARS!! Me old gramm used to say that all the time!!

lol

Edited by plain