Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

CC...thoughts and prayers are with you and your mother during her procedures today. I know how rough it is on you not being there with her. remember it was a dream she had, not written in stone.

Susan...that is so tragic! my prayers for any family members and friends to deal with this.

Ebony....Good luck. prayers are with you to get the job!

good morning everyone else. have a wonderful day today.

I am going to start the process of disability. fun fun ...

Susan-that is so sad to hear about your friend. Sending prayers and thoughts to you and your friend's family.

Ebony-good luck on your 2nd interview!

Tap-I am glad that you are feeling a little better. Don't wait too long if it starts to get worse again.

G4E-I hope that your dealings with the disability people go well. Keep us posted

CC-prayers to you and your mother.

It was pretty quiet around here. That seems to be the norm here lately. I don't have a life and am living vicariously through you all, so let's pick up the pace with the posting. ;-)

PJTP...Grrr - I had this great post all typed up, hit the wrong key and lost it all! Now I gotta retype all of that great info! :wink:

So here goes:

Slim, Beth, G4E and all my LBT friends - thank you so much for all the good wishes. I think they worked!

Susan - my prayers for your friend and her family, and those left behind to pick up the pieces. What a tragedy...

Tap - hope your tummy continues to treat you well...mine is a little upset right now. Tried to eat some chicken at lunch and have been sliming since...YUK!

G4E - good luck with the disability folks - I pray they are clear, receptive and work fast to help you.

Had my second job interview today with the Senior Admin Asst and the business office staff person where I might be working. The business office staff person was really nice - friendly, open, lots of experience at the company and in the section. She'll be a great resource person.

The Senior AA (who I would be working with) is impressive. Very sharp - both intelligence-wise and appearance-wise. You can easily see why she has the job that she does. She was friendly, professional, personable. Very clear on the requirements for the job, very pro-team environment, and dedicated to the doc in charge of the section.

That completed, I waited a bit and was able to meet with the head honcho - who is pretty easy on the eyes, I might add. Very professional, high energy but not in a manic way, brilliant - not just intelligent, and very driven in a good way. He exudes a sense of commitment and you get the feeling he'd go to the wall for his staff and for his projects. He knows one of the docs I used to work with before - so I think that worked in my favor.

I think it went very well - I sent off a thank you email to everyone thanking them for their time and reiterating that I DO want to work for that department. I did get the question about stepping back a grade from an E to a D, but told them (truthfully) that job satisfaction is more important to me than a title.

I hope to hear something soon - in any case, I wouldn't want to start until after I return from Florida. I would have to give two weeks notice at my current position, and that would put me into early July anyway. Hopefully that will work for them...I'll definately let y'all know what I hear!

Thanks again for all of the support, good wishes and prayers - I am certain they made a difference!:smile:

Wow, Ebony, that sounds very promising!!! I hope and pray it is the one meant for you and you will be rewarded a thousand times over for the change. :wink:

Ebony, it sounds very good for you. I have my fingers and toes crossed that you hear good news soon.

Thanks everyone, for the thoughts and prayers on behalf of my friend and her family.

mmmmm...I just had some fried green tomatoes. I love them and had not had any since before I was banded last yr. I forgot how good they are!7_4_12.gif:wink:

mmmmm...I just had some fried green tomatoes. I love them and had not had any since before I was banded last yr. I forgot how good they are!7_4_12.gif:wink:

G4E - that brings back such memories! My mom always had a garden in the lot next to our house in Detroit, where I grew up. There was a guy who would always come and beg for green tomatoes - my mom had HUGE tomatoes on her bushes - and my mom would always tease him that there wouldn't be any left for salads or sauce if he ate them all before they got ripe.

Nice memory - thanks for bring it back!

Job update: They just emailed me and asked for my references! :smile::w00t::lol::w00t:

I think that means they want me!!!!! :eek::w00t::eek::w00t:

Job update: They just emailed me and asked for my references! :wink::w00t::smile::w00t:

I think that means they want me!!!!! :lol::w00t::eek::w00t:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!! Ooooooh, girl, you's gonna have a new job!!!! Send some of that good mojo my way, will ya? :eek::w00t::smile::w00t::wink:

mmmmm...I just had some fried green tomatoes. I love them and had not had any since before I was banded last yr. I forgot how good they are!7_4_12.gif:smile:

Man...:lol: I had a fill today and those fried green tomatoes sound so good! I guess I had better drink more v-8.:sad:

G4E - that brings back such memories! My mom always had a garden in the lot next to our house in Detroit, where I grew up. There was a guy who would always come and beg for green tomatoes - my mom had HUGE tomatoes on her bushes - and my mom would always tease him that there wouldn't be any left for salads or sauce if he ate them all before they got ripe.

Nice memory - thanks for bring it back!

We lived next door to a man with a garden. He lived alone so we always got veggies from his garden. Apparently, as a child, I didn't realize that fried green tomatoes weren't meat. I asked my grandmother to fix me some more of that funny looking green meat. Another great memory.:wink:

Job update: They just emailed me and asked for my references! :eek::w00t::eek::w00t:

I think that means they want me!!!!! :smile::w00t::wink::w00t:

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t: Way to go!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!! Ooooooh, girl, you's gonna have a new job!!!! Send some of that good mojo my way, will ya? :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

What she said!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!! Ooooooh, girl, you's gonna have a new job!!!! Send some of that good mojo my way, will ya? :smile::w00t::lol::w00t::eek:

Consider it sent, girlfriend! I am flying high right now...and just praying that everything falls into place the way I hope that it will...I fired off an email to my references to let them know the inquiry is coming...

Man...:wink: I had a fill today and those fried green tomatoes sound so good! I guess I had better drink more v-8.:eek:

Just sent the good vibes your way as well, Slim - I'm so happy I could just scream!

What she said!

hey all -

well i had some downtime while DH had to handle some emails & found the internet cafe' and am having a glass of wine before diner:)

got to do a quick breeze - so drive by post:

*susan - sorry about your friend, very sad - thoughts w/you & the family's loved ones

*taps is back!

*ebony - great news on interviews....hope it all goes well

*colorado chick - got caught up on Facebook, awesome news about mom~

*g4e - hope disability will be afforded to you w/out complications

i have no idea when i'm coming home, DH lets me know what's going on in stages. we are doing a road trip around TX.......for those on FB, your able to catch up some w/my goofy pics & commentary.....and many frosty beverages.< /p>

it's 105 degrees right now, and the good news the band is working great countering those frosty beverages w/being able to eat little.

try to catch up when i land again...:wink:

I am so glad that you are having fun, luluc! I am living vicariously through you right now so drink one for me! ;o)

Consider it sent, girlfriend! I am flying high right now...and just praying that everything falls into place the way I hope that it will...I fired off an email to my references to let them know the inquiry is coming...

Didja tell 'em to polish up your halo? Heck, my prior boss (from the place I left because I was soooo "bad"), the one that retired, told one place they would be stupid if they didn't hire me, and told another I all but walked on Water. Now, that said, I'm still looking but... you get the picture. :wink:

Not even going to pretend to catch up on the last few hundred pages.. but wanted to jump back in..and post.. just to post.