Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Sorry, Fanny! LOL! As for me, I'm trying to cut back some on computer time. It doesn't always work but I'm trying. And trust me, my life usually has NO drama and I prefer to keep it that way, so I'm no fun to live vicariously thru anyway!!!! :blink:

O.K. this is going to sound like a stupid question:blush: but here goes.....Where would I find Greek Yogurt?

Not a dumb question at all! I shop at Raley's and they have only one brand and about 3 flavors including plain and that's it. They keep it on the very top shelf above all the other yogurt. I know where to look and it still takes me a minute to find it! Other stores may have it in their Natural/Organic Foods section, whatever they call it, and again near the regular yogurt.

Trader Joe's, if you have one near you, has a huge selection of Greek Yogurt. Their prices are very reasonable, [i can actually get more for $40 there, than I can at Raley's!] and you don't have to buy the big carton at costco. I love Costco but there are just some things I can't buy there. I'll never eat it fast enough!

Whole Foods would have it too, if you have one of those near you. Watch them tho, they're pricey for regular shopping. Great selection, but Yikes!

I don't like most yogurt and only a little at a time. I really LIKE greek yogurt! I understand it's very rarely like TRUE greek yogurt, but I don't have the texture problems with it like I do the regular.

Hope this helps. And I hope you can find some. It's really worth a try!

Oh and another thing, if you do smoothies and such, go ahead and get the big carton of plain at Costco and put it in your smoothies. You can also just have a bowl of it with some fruit and a smidge of honey along with some granola or dry Cereal and have a great Breakfast.< /p>

You can also use plain greek yogurt in place of recipes that call for regular plain yogurt or sour cream. Like when making dips and stuff.

Oh! Oh! Just remembered this! Made this awhile ago and had forgotten about it. Take plain greek yogurt, chopped/torn cilantro, little chili powder, lime juice and mix to your taste. Makes a great add on to fish/shrimp tacos. Would probably work with shredded chicken tacos too. And it's pretty healthy! And one day I had left over shrimp for lunch and instead of cocktail sauce, used this dip and it was SO good! Would be good on salad or other veggies. Ohhhh, cucumber slices! UGH! Too bad I didn't think of all of this at the STORE! Not going back til next week!!!!!!!

Anyway.

PJTP: Got the grocery shopping done and walked out with only 3 bags and not even full ones at that and it still cost over $80!!! Yikes! $12 in chicken alone! I've gotta make a run to Costco. I buy the frozen bags there and then I have chicken whenever I want it and am not paying regular store prices for it! On a good note tho, I have meals planned thru Wednesday.

Well, that's it for my boring life! LOL!

'Night all!!

That woman is just rude! How long has she been trying to mooch off of y'all? I think you should change your phone number and not tell DH or MIL! :tongue_smilie:

Good idea! She has been mooching off of us since she moved around the corner. You can't tell me that wasn't her plan when she moved. She didn't call at before she moved, now her number is on the caller id every freaking day! It is sickening!

DH seemed to think I would find it funny that she has been calling for 3 days. I told him that as the bill payer in this house, I don't find it funny and that she needs to quit smoking if she can't afford to buy them. He is now upset with me.

I have a feeling he's secretly pleased she calls all the time and is taking it as a sign that she wants to have a relationship.

As far as the thyroid goes, I had went to the ER about my back. While doing an MRI and Ex rays they discovered I have a big knot on my thyroid which is cutting off some of my esophagus.

So when they cut it out, will your health problems go away?

8 hrs without a post - don't tell me you all found something more interesting to do on a Saturday afternoon/evening, than to entertain me?? Say it ain't so!!

Yep, we were out all day .. first MacBoy's graduation ceremony and then the end-of-the-year party.

I shop at Raley's and they have only one brand and about 3 flavors including plain and that's it. They keep it on the very top shelf above all the other yogurt. I know where to look and it still takes me a minute to find it! Other stores may have it in their Natural/Organic Foods section, whatever they call it, and again near the regular yogurt.

At my Raley's the FAGE is in the Natural/Organic Foods section. They only have "Greek Gods" in the regular yogurt section and it's got tons of sugar and carbs.

I really hate it when stores have "special" sections like that. For example, I needed some whole wheat flour. I really don't care if it's organic or not, but the stuff in the baking section was too big so I was running back and forth between it and the Organic section trying to figure out which bag to buy. :tongue_smilie:

Mac, I don't know if it will help with minor symptoms, but it will help with the feeling like my band is around my neck. I had that checked a couple of months ago. I thought I was to tight. My surgeon does all fills and unfills under floro. The barium was going through the band just fine. I thought well when I lose more weight I will lose in the throat and will be fine. I thought it was just fat. One thing that makes me kinda upset is that apparently back in 2004 when I had bronchitis and went to the ER they found the growth then. Apparently it was small, but why didn't they tell me about it? I found this out yesterday when I picked up my records from the ER. So for 5 yrs on record I have had this growth getting bigger. I would have had this taken care of then! I had good insuance.

But as far as my back goes, I will still have to have back surgery.

They told me that tumors on the thyroid are very common, and seldom cancerous. So if there are small ones, they are usually ignored, unless symptomatic. So if your hormone levels were normal, they basically ignore it.

In my case, my hormone levels were NOT normal! I had been on synthroid for almost 20 years! The small growth was considered safe in their estimate.

They did watch it closer supposedly following my cancer, but I never even knew there was anything wrong. So how close is debatable. I go every 6 months for a bone scan, and MRI--due to 2 other tumors I still have----and they GLOW with the bone scan, but until the thyroid tumor was interfering with my swallowing, and visible to the naked eye---no one give it a second thought it seemed.

Then, with my history, they went into full red alert. They tried to biopsy it, but by that time, I could not lay on my back, without it cutting off my air supply, so the biopsy was not successful. We went straight to surgery with a pathologist on hand.

While the tumor was even bigger than they estimated, it was growing at an alarming rate----it was benign, and my need for synthroid has dropped---well my dosage has, and I feel great. Was a simple surgery---overnight stay because I have a tendency for my blood pressure to bottom out since weight loss! Imagine I used to take meds for high blood pressure!!!

Scar is hardly visible----and I have the old hollow in my throat back!

G4E---be sure to ask about them checking the parathyroids as well-----they can actually cause much worse health issues than the thyroid itself.

We have an indigent fund at our local hospital---have you checked into something of that nature to try to get your needed surgeries?

PJTP...It's only about 2 1/2 weeks until my Florida vacation! Yippee!!!:smile:

I can't wait - I'm so ready for a nice semi-long vacation, that it's not even funny...I'm already thinking about what I'm going to take with me...:)

The goal swimsuit isn't quite looking like I want it to :tongue_smilie: - and I'm not sure if I'm being too critical, or I'm really NOT ready to wear it. I'll have to try and get an impartial point of view - or at least from someone other than myself!

My weight loss has stalled temporarily :smile::mad2: - and I seem to be really hungry lately :wink2:. No - I don't need another fill, because when I DO eat, I get good restriction after just a small portion of food - this is all about my head hunger.:) I want stuff I KNOW I can't eat - like french fries! They get stuck on me something awful...

I gotta give myself a good shake and get through this...Florida is awaiting! :tongue:

DD is still making plans for college - though I have encouraged her to continue the process for a local college as well, just in case she can't raise enough money to go to VA State. It's going to cost $24K a year:scared2:, and we just can't swing that...I really don't want her to have to take out a loan if at all possible. We can only cover about half of that, and it's up to her to find the rest via scholarships and financial aid. She's making decent progress, but...the sense of urgency that I feel just isn't there for her.:frown: She thinks i'm going to "rescue" her and empty MY bank account (plus commit to a big parent loan) if she can't raise the funds. :smile:

I can't do that - I have been in the situation where my payments have been so high that I couldn't breathe, and I am NOT going down that road again...not even for my beloved DD. :smile:

I hope she can raise the money - I really do - but if not, I want her to have a backup plan. Most of her classmates are attending a local school, because their parents are in the same situation. I hate to say it, but her past inattention to her grades is now coming back to bite her in the tail! :sad:

We'll see what happens, but right now, it's a bit stressful in EbonyRose's house! :smile2:

PJTP, I should be busy preparing for a moving sale next weekend, and packing for our move in two weeks. But, instead, what I am I doing? Playing around on LBT and Facebook and not accomplishing a darn thing.

One thing that makes me kinda upset is that apparently back in 2004 when I had bronchitis and went to the ER they found the growth then. Apparently it was small, but why didn't they tell me about it?

That would really cheese me off. It's your body and you should know everything!

The goal swimsuit isn't quite looking like I want it to :tongue_smilie: - and I'm not sure if I'm being too critical, or I'm really NOT ready to wear it. I'll have to try and get an impartial point of view - or at least from someone other than myself!

I went through this when I bought a 2 piece. I know I look 1000x better than I looked in my swim suit when I was MO and yet I am convinced I look awful and people are wondering how I dare to wear a two-piece!

I really don't want her to have to take out a loan if at all possible.

Student loans are quite reasonable though. My payment was so small and the interest wasn't bad at all. I had scholarships and grants too, but they didn't cover everything.

PJTP, I should be busy preparing for a moving sale next weekend, and packing for our move in two weeks. But, instead, what I am I doing? Playing around on LBT and Facebook and not accomplishing a darn thing.

Sounds good to me! :)

DD is still making plans for college - though I have encouraged her to continue the process for a local college as well, just in case she can't raise enough money to go to VA State. It's going to cost $24K a year:scared2:, and we just can't swing that...I really don't want her to have to take out a loan if at all possible. We can only cover about half of that, and it's up to her to find the rest via scholarships and financial aid. She's making decent progress, but...the sense of urgency that I feel just isn't there for her.:tongue_smilie: She thinks i'm going to "rescue" her and empty MY bank account (plus commit to a big parent loan) if she can't raise the funds. :)

I can't do that - I have been in the situation where my payments have been so high that I couldn't breathe, and I am NOT going down that road again...not even for my beloved DD. :)

I hope she can raise the money - I really do - but if not, I want her to have a backup plan. Most of her classmates are attending a local school, because their parents are in the same situation. I hate to say it, but her past inattention to her grades is now coming back to bite her in the tail!

Why not require her to go to a good community college for her basics/gen eds first, one where her credits are guaranteed to transfer to VA State? That way it covers three things: It gives y'all time to get the money for university, it's only two years' worth then, AND most importantly, she has to prove herself and get adequate grades. Wha'dya think?

Good idea! She has been mooching off of us since she moved around the corner. You can't tell me that wasn't her plan when she moved. She didn't call at before she moved, now her number is on the caller id every freaking day! It is sickening!

She knew what she was doing when she moved.

You too G4E. If your costco doesn't have it, I have seen it at Walmart in their yogurt section.

I forgot about Wal Mart. I've heard they have a good selection.

I have a feeling he's secretly pleased she calls all the time and is taking it as a sign that she wants to have a relationship.

I agree.

Yep, we were out all day .. first MacBoy's graduation ceremony and then the end-of-the-year party.

Congratulations!!!

At my Raley's the FAGE is in the Natural/Organic Foods section. They only have "Greek Gods" in the regular yogurt section and it's got tons of sugar and carbs.

Yes, you have to watch Greek Gods. I know a lot of people that really like FAGE. We don't have it here. TJs has it tho, I just haven't tried it.

I really hate it when stores have "special" sections like that. For example, I needed some whole wheat flour. I really don't care if it's organic or not, but the stuff in the baking section was too big so I was running back and forth between it and the Organic section trying to figure out which bag to buy. :tongue_smilie:

That drives me nuts too!

So for 5 yrs on record I have had this growth getting bigger. I would have had this taken care of then! I had good insuance.

That would totally tick me off! Very frustrating!

PJTP...It's only about 2 1/2 weeks until my Florida vacation! Yippee!!!:tongue:

Whoo Hoo!!

I hope she can raise the money - I really do - but if not, I want her to have a backup plan. Most of her classmates are attending a local school, because their parents are in the same situation. I hate to say it, but her past inattention to her grades is now coming back to bite her in the tail! :smile2:

We'll see what happens, but right now, it's a bit stressful in EbonyRose's house! :)

Hate to say it, Ebony, but life lessons sometimes suck! She may grow up in a hurry with this one. It would be wonderful if she can make it work, I hope she can, but community college isn't a bad idea right now either.

Sorry you've got so much stress right now.

Some days are like that! Tough to get motivated sometimes! Were you able to get anything done after all?

Why not require her to go to a good community college for her basics/gen eds first, one where her credits are guaranteed to transfer to VA State? That way it covers three things: It gives y'all time to get the money for university, it's only two years' worth then, AND most importantly, she has to prove herself and get adequate grades. Wha'dya think?

That's a good idea, Beth. You're so smart! :) It would save money by going local and inexpensive and yet give EVERYONE time to make plans and get ready for the big move.

I think Beth's idea is really good as well! She is a smart cookie... mmmmm, Cookies.

I accomplished absolutely nothing yesterday. I figured why do today what I can put off until tomorrow? Sad, I know. I will be working all day on the job and packing all night when I get home. Oh well.

Happy Monday all!

Today will be my first day at work. Only 3 hrs. But that is 3 more than what I had.

Community college is a very good idea.

Everyone have a blessed Monday.

G4E, I hope you have a great first day at work!