Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

I have been out Job hunting today. Hopefully I will hear back from some place. I am desperate, I applied at fast food places. I don't mind working in pizza places but hate Hardee's and places like that.:smile: But will do what I have to.

G4E - have you talked to any temp agencies? When I was job hunting several years ago (and again just a couple of years ago) Pfizer here in Groton, CT was one of the places I worked. It's easier to transition from temp to perm (some places even list the jobs that way) when working with an agency that has a good relationship with the employer.

I got into Yale the same way - came in as a temp, was hired in the position permanently.

I hope something opens up for you very soon...:eek:

Thanks, Beth. I haven't been measuring. I should but I just never get around to it. But I have noticed things fitting better/differently. I've also noticed that my endurance is better. I don't get out of breath so easy and can go farther, faster, etc.

Well there ya go! Those are proofs of weight loss that the scale doesn't show -- and are equally as important as the one number we seem to always focus on. :blush:

I did re-start tracking my food again. :blink: I had gotten mindless about it and guess what I discovered, much to my horror, b/c I said I'd never do this? I've been eating around my band. I will eat when I'm not hungry and really for no reason. I'm just grabbing a handful of whatever and going on my way. I actually sat and cried. I'm really upset about it.

Okay, but y'know what? It's over. Let it go and do not punish yourself any further over that. If you're like me (and I hope you're not), I tended to not only beat myself up for not being "perfect" in my eating -- I'd freak out and start eating MORE because of the emotional abuse I'd put myself through for screwing up. Then the next thing I knew, I was right back where I started.

You are doing the right thing now by tracking what you're eating, which helps force us to be mor conscious about what we're doing and eating. I've had a couple weekends here where I have been hungry too much -- and I'm trying to figure out if I'm really hungry or it's my head crying out. And if it IS in my head, why?

I went through this a couple weeks ago where a Friday through Sunday was just a total wash-out. Not near as bad as it was when I could eat more, but still... y'know? And right after that I started my period. Hopefully that was the reason, but I definitely noticed what I was doing (though I didn't do much about it).

I did something I never did before after that weekend -- I forgave myself. We have to do that or we'll never get out of this rut. Forgive yourself, regroup the next day, track what you're eating, maybe even log how you're feeling when you know head hunger is screaming at you. I keep thinking of that furry little orange huger monster in that commercial! But so long as you track what you eat, you have to be accountable for it. I think even knowing you have to put it down on paper makes you think twice before you eat it.

So... promise me that you forgive yourself, each day is a new day, and you will track and do the best you can each day. And if you slip up one meal, it doesn't mean you have to lose the whole day. And if you lose the whole day, it doesn't mean you lose the next day or the rest of the week. It'll be fine. We're all in this together. :blush:

G4E - have you talked to any temp agencies? When I was job hunting several years ago (and again just a couple of years ago) Pfizer here in Groton, CT was one of the places I worked. It's easier to transition from temp to perm (some places even list the jobs that way) when working with an agency that has a good relationship with the employer.

I got into Yale the same way - came in as a temp, was hired in the position permanently.

I hope something opens up for you very soon...:blink:

Thanks Ebony,

That's whom I am thru now. (I am also a substitute teacher thru the city school system) My positions are over now. They don't have anywhere that they can put me right now. They are very tunneled visioned. They have only looked at 1 thing I can do. Not at anything else such as management positions. Balancing money, supervisory positions. All that they looked at was I could do cafeteria work.

When I ask if they have another position they say no. I think they want to force me to take a temp position at the 1 factory they have on their roster. I know this factory and I can not stand in 1 place for 12 hrs. I have to be able to move around or my arthritis acts up so bad I can barely walk. I can be on my feet as long as I move around a lot. I don't know what to do. I am totally confused. Between no job and my DD and her situation. She might be coming back. I will do whatever I can to help her, but she has no job and her car needs to be fixed. SIL isn't going to fix her car anytime soon. Especially if she leaves him!

I am sorry to sound so whinny. :blush::blush:

You don't sound whiny, G4E. You sound frustrated, and I don't blame you one bit. Is there a way to ask why they only seem to want place you in that factory without upsetting them? It just doesn't seem right. Is there another temp agency you can visit? I hope that you are able to find something soon. I also hope that your family situation works out for the best. Your DD and grandchildren deserve better than that SIL.

Morning everyone!

Is anyone else experiencing problems with the "skin" for the forum? It seems to have disappeared and I'm getting the bare bones links and text but none of the layout and graphics. This is happening on two different computers and has been going on for a couple of hours. I hope it isn't a "new look"!!

I'm experiencing the same thing, Fanny. And I too do NOT like it.

Morning all. Yesterday was a good eating, bad action day...my food consumption was fine, but I was a blob. I didn't go to the Y, I didn't go to work...I stayed at home and did cleaning, and housework, and ironing etc, but no real activity. Oh well, that was yesterday. Today is another day......pouring rain, threatening t-storms and all!

Thanks Ebony,

That's whom I am thru now. (I am also a substitute teacher thru the city school system) My positions are over now. They don't have anywhere that they can put me right now. They are very tunneled visioned. They have only looked at 1 thing I can do. Not at anything else such as management positions. Balancing money, supervisory positions. All that they looked at was I could do cafeteria work.

When I ask if they have another position they say no. I think they want to force me to take a temp position at the 1 factory they have on their roster. I know this factory and I can not stand in 1 place for 12 hrs. I have to be able to move around or my arthritis acts up so bad I can barely walk. I can be on my feet as long as I move around a lot. I don't know what to do. I am totally confused. Between no job and my DD and her situation. She might be coming back. I will do whatever I can to help her, but she has no job and her car needs to be fixed. SIL isn't going to fix her car anytime soon. Especially if she leaves him!

I am sorry to sound so whinny. :thumbup::cry_smile:

If there is another temp agency in your area, I would look at another one. Do they offer "training" for their employees? Perhaps you could begin by telling them you'd like to move in a different career direction and refer them back to your resume (or take them one if they don't have a recent one) and ask them if they have any assignments coming up in your areas of expertise / interest. If they aren't willing to help you, I'd definately go elsewhere.

Who's the biggest / most stable employer in your area? Who do they use for temp employees? If transportation isn't an issue, you could also look farther afield.

I'm sorry if you've done all this already and this advice sounds redundant. I know what you're going through - been there, done that - and I know how frustrating it can be. I will keep good thoughts for you and send prayers your way...

You don't sound whiny, G4E. You sound frustrated, and I don't blame you one bit. Is there a way to ask why they only seem to want place you in that factory without upsetting them? It just doesn't seem right. Is there another temp agency you can visit? I hope that you are able to find something soon. I also hope that your family situation works out for the best. Your DD and grandchildren deserve better than that SIL.

Morning everyone!

I wholeheartedly agree with Slim - don't blame yourself for being frustrated...

Hugs...:wub:

Morning everyone!

Thanks slim. I am going to go to one of the other temp agencies. Even though most have my online resume. I guess it is better to go in person than on line. The temp agencie I am through is kinda irritated with me today. They called yesterday afternoon and I accepted the job for today. Then I receive a call from my youngest DD. She told me to pick up #2 DD and take her to her house and for me to keep the DGC. That way #2DD can think without the kids around and SIL treating her like she is less than a human. So I call the agencie back and explain that a family matter has come up. Needless to say they are irate with me. I am even more irate with #2 DD. She changed her mind. So her I am today when I could have been working. But whose to say she won't go ahead and do that today.

Is anyone else experiencing problems with the "skin" for the forum? It seems to have disappeared and I'm getting the bare bones links and text but none of the layout and graphics. This is happening on two different computers and has been going on for a couple of hours. I hope it isn't a "new look"!!

Mine is doing that. Hopefully it will correct itself in a little while.:cry_smile:

Good morning all. Have a good day.:thumbup:

g4e - have you looked online for virtual jobs?

a friend of mine left our former employer 2yrs ago (she was an admin assitant) and she now works for 7 executives, who are located all over the country. she actually takes in MUCH more than her original salary and out of the comforts of her home, she's a new mom.

she does their travel, expenses, scheduling of mtgs....nothing over the top - but each pay a certain amt an hr, which adds up to close to $32ph and she probably clocks in 5hrs worth of wk a day. she has to be flexible time wise as all are in different time zones - but again, doing it all at home is a great assist to their family.

just a thought.

g4e - have you looked online for virtual jobs?

a friend of mine left our former employer 2yrs ago (she was an admin assitant) and she now works for 7 executives, who are located all over the country. she actually takes in MUCH more than her original salary and out of the comforts of her home, she's a new mom.

she does their travel, expenses, scheduling of mtgs....nothing over the top - but each pay a certain amt an hr, which adds up to close to $32ph and she probably clocks in 5hrs worth of wk a day. she has to be flexible time wise as all are in different time zones - but again, doing it all at home is a great assist to their family.

just a thought.

Thanks Luluc. I am not very computer literate. I can do the basics. I have my resume on line and it seems that what I hear back from is insurances wanting me to be an agent. I don't understand insurance, so I really can't see me trying to explain it to anyone else. What your friend does sounds great but I don't know the first thing about virtual job hunting.:thumbup: I can do scheduling. I have done enough of that in management. Right now I am even having trouble getting into my local employment on line. I have called and checked my password and username. I have it right, I just can't get logged on. It tells me my use name is invalid. I used it last month with no problem. GRRRRRRRR. :cursing:So I am going to bite the bullet and go to the employment office in the morning and pray it isn't raining. You have to be in line by 6 am or you will be there all day or have to go back the next day and try again.:cry_smile:

Hey everyone... I'm still around but it's my busy times and work and also at home with school ending.

Hey Mac, great to see you posting.

The posting has certainly slowed down..everyone is busy busy busy I guess.

Hope all are doing well.

Good morning everyone! I am still here too. Just trying to cope with the issues at home.

Lulu, 24 miles??!! Wow, I am impressed, between you and Mac, I need to get my rear in gear. But, at least it is a shrinking rear!

I plan to be one hot old lady by Christmas!

I plan to be one hot old lady by Christmas!

Ummm.....Susan if at 42 you are old, those of us in our 50's must be positively ANCIENT....which of course supports that evil side of my mind that says "Why even think about plastic surgery? You are too old to reap the benefits!"

**Tap with her withered fingers shuffles the papers on her desk...at least with her failing eyesight, she thinks it is her desk....**