Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Just thought I'd give a link in case anyone was interested in following this part of my journey... http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f12/fanny-moves-phase-two-94638/

good for you fanny! & i love your new avtr!

i actually had botox on my eyes on tuesday, i was tired of looking "tired"....wrinkles hadn't kicked in too much; but i have "sleepy eyes"....

i have a list i'm making for DH that i want done....i turn 40 next month and i'm going to slide in rather than stumble roll.

i'll be following your thread!

Okay, MacMadame, I hafta tell ya -- I bow at your feet, woman! I got on my bike today for the first time in years, and between two different rides I rode 16 miles. My ass hurts like I've been spanked relentlessly -- and not in that good way -- and I won't even get into how my hoo-ha is feeling. :thumbup:

The last mile of my second ride (9 miles) I almost didn't make it home. Between the butt pain and sheer fatigue, I was afraid I was gonna have to call hubby and ask him to ride up the road and come get me.

My ass hurts like I've been spanked relentlessly -- and not in that good way -- and I won't even get into how my hoo-ha is feeling.

Beth, you are tossing me softballs here and making it waaaaay too easy.....but I'll resist.

I probably should look in the exercise thread, but I'm thinking about getting a bike (I live rual, so it would have to be a mountain bike I guess?). I'm a shade above 290.....do I have a chance in hell of finding a bike that can hold my enormous girth*?

*and by enormous girth, I'm referring to my genitals.

Edited by plain

Beth, you are tossing me softballs here and making it waaaaay too easy.....but I'll resist.

I probably should look in the exercise thread, but I'm thinking about getting a bike (I live rual, so it would have to be a mountain bike I guess?). I'm a shade above 290.....do I have a chance in hell of finding a bike that can hold my enormous girth*?

Omg, Plain! Guess you'll need a bike with a Barcalounger seat then.

You know, it just doesn't sound the same when we women talk about our huge genitals. I think of hoo-has that look like blow-up rafts or something. Kinda disgusting, really... :thumbup:

Okay, here's some catch up posting!

*Beth, congrats on the scale victory! WTG!

And I think your vet is ripping you off!

Our last dog cost us a fortune! We picked her up from the SPCA when she was about 6 months old. Great dog but was at the vet’s every time we turned around! Ended up needing knee surgery for a torn ACL! Then while she was healing from that, she started sneezing and bleeding a little from her nose. Turned out to be Nasalcondrosarcoma, terminal cancer, that would eventually make it’s way to her brain. It was a horrible experience and I don’t wish it on anyone. This all happened 5 yrs ago and it still breaks me up when I think about it. Doesn’t stop me from getting more animals tho!

*Ebony, here’s hoping that one of those apps finds you a new and BETTER job!

Have a fantastic trip this weekend!

*Donna, I’m hoping your stall breaks soon!

*Fanny, your pics from work are amazing! But no way in HELL would I be up there! Yikes!

*BG and Mac, hope the work stuff gets better.

*Tap, sometimes the hired help is worse than just doing it yourself!

*g4e, you had to. You can’t have a dog like that in a home with other animals and children esp. Heartbreaking tho, I know.

*Mac, again, sounds like a successful shopping trip!

*Beth, again, if you’re going to get serious about biking, get your “seat” fitted. Yes I mean your butt. My mom did that, thinking she needed a bigger bike seat, turns out the way she’s shaped, she needed a smaller bike seat. She has no problems with fatigue anymore!

*A huge HELLO to everyone!

PJTP: DH made it home from the Santa Barbara fire on Sat and was able to have his regular 4 days off when he was released Sun AM. Nice to have him home but his days off seemed so short! He's back at work today.

Headed in for a fill tomorrow. Was scheduled to go in next Wed but with all the b-day stuff for DD next week, figured I'd better get that fill early! We're having a quiet weekend so that will help with the fill. I'll (hopefully) have myself all figured out by next week.

Staying home for the weekend. Literally, other than church on Sun and visits to DH at the station, we're staying at home! We live in a tourist town with a nice lake 5 minutes away; a national park entrance 20 minutes away (and you have to drive right thru town to get to it); fantastic, easy to get to, camping, minutes up the road; and numerous, HUGE, popular community events. So, just as I do on July 4th and the days surrounding it, and Labor Day weekend, I stay HOME!! Here comes summer!

Okay, gotta get. Have a great night everyone!

I got on my bike today for the first time in years, and between two different rides I rode 16 miles.

16 miles your first time? That's amazing!

My ass hurts like I've been spanked relentlessly -- and not in that good way -- and I won't even get into how my hoo-ha is feeling. :thumbup:

I had a bike fit and now my hoo-ha goes numb. I have to go back. They told me to get a smaller seat, but I didn't want to change it out 4 days before a race. Apparently, my butt is smaller than I thought. Isn't that cool?

I probably should look in the exercise thread, but I'm thinking about getting a bike (I live rual, so it would have to be a mountain bike I guess?). I'm a shade above 290l

You just need a frame that fits your height. The weight is really irrelevant to a good fit.

You just need a frame that fits your height. The weight is really irrelevant to a good fit.

I just keep picturing that trick where an empty aluminum (sp?) can is able to hold the weight of a person standing on top of it until it's gently tapped.......then *crunch*. I don't want my bike to be the can when I'm riding down the street.

Just thought I'd give a link in case anyone was interested in following this part of my journey...  Fanny moves to Phase Two

I'll be following...

I got on my bike today for the first time in years, and between two different rides I rode 16 miles. My ass hurts like I've been spanked relentlessly -- and not in that good way -- and I won't even get into how my hoo-ha is feeling. :thumbup:

16 miles on your first time back to biking - OMG!! I mean, way to go, that's fab, etc, but 16 MILES...I think I'd stroke out long before I'd suffer numb-bum!!

I'm thinking about getting a bike (I live rual, so it would have to be a mountain bike I guess?). I'm a shade above 290.....do I have a chance in hell of finding a bike that can hold my enormous girth*?

Oh, for some kind of Vulcan mind trick to erase THAT image!

Omg, Plain! Guess you'll need a bike with a Barcalounger seat then.

I think of hoo-has that look like blow-up rafts or something. Kinda disgusting, really... :lol:

ZING to Plain :tt2::party:; Re female genitalia image as described by Beth - blech.

PJTP: DH made it home from the Santa Barbara fire on Sat and was able to have his regular 4 days off when he was released Sun AM.

We live in a tourist town with a nice lake 5 minutes away; a national park entrance 20 minutes away (and you have to drive right thru town to get to it); fantastic, easy to get to, camping, minutes up the road; and numerous, HUGE, popular community events.

Heartfire - glad hubby is home safe and sound; your location sounds wonderful...remember, DH and I are still trying to find THE place in which to retire.

I just keep picturing that trick where an empty aluminum (sp?) can is able to hold the weight of a person standing on top of it until it's gently tapped.......then *crunch*. I don't want my bike to be the can when I'm riding down the street.

But it would be SO funny to see it!!!

OK everyone - Have a great weekend. The sun is shining and the temp may hit 70 (even 75) here - whoo hoo!! Playing in the garden is the activity of choice this weekend!

Edited by tapshoes
typo

Good morning my little pretties!! That is all have for now. Trying to erase the image of Plain's enormous, uh, well you know, from my mind.

Trying to erase the image of Plain's enormous, uh, well you know, from my mind.

That image is burning my brain! Make it stop!:thumbup:

beth - check out the gelled seats at bike stores. i have one for my mountain bike, however i think riding my horse often has calloused the bum...:thumbup:

****removing all other mental images out........****

beth - check out the gelled seats at bike stores. i have one for my mountain bike, however i think riding my horse often has calloused the bum...:party:

****removing all other mental images out........****

It is a gelled seat. :thumbup: And yeah, I was teasing hubby that obviously he's been slacking in his, ahem, duties because I'm not calloused enough down south. :lol:

NSV: HELLO size 18 jeans!!! :lol:

Just bought a pair on eBay last week and they came yesterday. We're getting ready to head out on the motorcycles in a few, and I had my 20's sitting there staring at me, but I thought, "Hm, maybe try the 18's. The 20's are getting baggy in the butt."

I expected to get them UP but not necessarily buttoned and zipped. And OMG, they did BOTH! They're a teeny bit snug in the waist (they tend to stretch after being worn), but I didn't have to lay on the bed or use any devices to get hooked into them. YAY!! :thumbup:

NSV: HELLO size 18 jeans!!! :party:

Just bought a pair on eBay last week and they came yesterday. We're getting ready to head out on the motorcycles in a few, and I had my 20's sitting there staring at me, but I thought, "Hm, maybe try the 18's. The 20's are getting baggy in the butt."

I expected to get them UP but not necessarily buttoned and zipped. And OMG, they did BOTH! They're a teeny bit snug in the waist (they tend to stretch after being worn), but I didn't have to lay on the bed or use any devices to get hooked into them. YAY!! :thumbup:

Yay you!:lol: