Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Ummm.....Susan if at 42 you are old, those of us in our 50's must be positively ANCIENT....which of course supports that evil side of my mind that says "Why even think about plastic surgery? You are too old to reap the benefits!"

**Tap with her withered fingers shuffles the papers on her desk...at least with her failing eyesight, she thinks it is her desk....**

36_1_21.gif 36_1_19.gif 15_2_118.gif 15_2_120.gif 15_11_2.gifare we old enough yet?

Lulu, 24 miles??!! Wow, I am impressed, between you and Mac, I need to get my rear in gear. But, at least it is a shrinking rear!!

ha - but see i haven't done a damn thing since.

missed the first spin class this AM and deciding if the 1030 class is manageable:):thumbup:

it's just so beautiful out i want to park my butt out by the pool - but i have guests this wkend and really just need to get stuff done around this place........coffee still while i try to come up with a game plan...:lol:

PJTP...it's chilly and gray here in CT and I'm ready for sunshine! :lol:

At least the weekend is supposed to be nice...and the end of my work week is shaping up beautifully because things have slowed down a bit...

3 potential new jobs in the pipeline...I've been referred to the hiring manager on all three, which means I passed the first screening test for qualifications, etc. Had to take a typing test on Tuesday - first time since I don't know when - and I practiced a bit online first. Scored 71 wpm corrected - not too shabby, if I do say so myself! :thumbup:

Hoping to hear from one of the other jobs very soon - best possible circumstance would be for me to be outa here by the end of June. I do have a week's vacation planned around July 4th, but I'll let them know that if and when the switch occurs.

Just about to break the 220 mark - got two days left in the month to get there, and I'm determined! I wanted to be at or below 200 for my July vacation, so I'm doing okay so far.

I have that cute swimsuit I want to wear and not be worried about how it looks...summer hours at work mean a reduced lunch hour, so my walks have moved to before work and after work between my office and the train station. A little less distance, but I'm trying to ramp up the speed so I burn just as many calories.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! :w00t:

Good luck, Ebony!

I interviewed with a placement agency on Tuesday, and she has someplace in mind (though I haven't heard anything since). I too had to test -- FIVE of them! One in Excel (rusty since I haven't used it much, but passed with an 80); one in Word (made a 94); one in spelling/grammar/proper sentence structure (got a 96); and two typing tests -- one a 3-minute test (typed 86 wpm with two errors) and a 5-minute test (typed 91 wpm with one error).

It's funny because I haven't taken a typing test in forever too, and I put on my application that I thought I typed between 85 and 90. Pretty good, eh? :thumbup:

Good luck to you, and I'm about ready to get out of the house and working again. I feel my brain turning to mush. :lol:

Good luck, Ebony!

I interviewed with a placement agency on Tuesday, and she has someplace in mind (though I haven't heard anything since). I too had to test -- FIVE of them! One in Excel (rusty since I haven't used it much, but passed with an 80); one in Word (made a 94); one in spelling/grammar/proper sentence structure (got a 96); and two typing tests -- one a 3-minute test (typed 86 wpm with two errors) and a 5-minute test (typed 91 wpm with one error).

It's funny because I haven't taken a typing test in forever too, and I put on my application that I thought I typed between 85 and 90. Pretty good, eh? :thumbup:

Good luck to you, and I'm about ready to get out of the house and working again. I feel my brain turning to mush. :w00t:

Go Beth! :wub:

And here I was patting myself on the back for my little 71 wpm...HAH! :eek:

I think my brain would turn to mush at home as well...though DH would love it! When I worked my own business from home, he was forever "dropping" in during the day. Made it hard to get anything done, but it was fun...:tt2:

I like being in an office - I admire entrepreneurs and their drive, but though I often think about going back out on my own, I just don't think I've got the temperment for it. I would rather be able to leave the office behind at the end of the day, not walk by it all the time, if ya get my drift...

Good luck on the job hunt - whoever gets you will be getting a true prize: a hard-working, intelligent and gawgeous employee! :lol:

it's just so beautiful out i want to park my butt out by the pool - but i have guests this wkend and really just need to get stuff done around this place........coffee still while i try to come up with a game plan...:w00t:

What do you have to do? Anything critical for your guests pleasure? If not, other than ensure there is sufficient food and liquor, you are good to entertain.

Notice how I am gracious about your options for the day rather than pissed off that it is pouring rain, t-storms, and freaking chilly here..............:lol:

3 potential new jobs in the pipeline...

Just about to break the 220 mark - got two days left in the month to get there, and I'm determined! I wanted to be at or below 200 for my July vacation, so I'm doing okay so far.

Hope you have a choice of options on a new job Ebony. And good luck with the 'below 22 for July' goal. Go Ebony, Go Ebony!!!

I interviewed with a placement agency on Tuesday, and she has someplace in mind (though I haven't heard anything since).

I'm about ready to get out of the house and working again. I feel my brain turning to mush. :thumbup:

Good luck to you as well Beth. Im thinking my brain is already mush....I need to retire to give it a chance to heal!

What do you have to do? Anything critical for your guests pleasure? If not, other than ensure there is sufficient food and liquor, you are good to entertain.

. Im thinking my brain is already mush....I need to retire to give it a chance to heal!

i hear zero pissed off in your written word :thumbup:

actually have about 20 acres to mow, be the pool guy for the day, clean the barn, house, ... and yes get food / wine :w00t:

re - mind going to mush after not working. it was a HUGE welcome, compared to living out of a suitcase hitting a different city each wk, for 15yrs. i'm not one that can sit in the same spot every day - so office life wasn't going to cut it .. for me at least.

now i use my higher education to shovel horse shit...:wub::lol::rolleyes2:

Go Beth! :w00t:

And here I was patting myself on the back for my little 71 wpm...HAH! :eek:

I think my brain would turn to mush at home as well...though DH would love it! When I worked my own business from home, he was forever "dropping" in during the day. Made it hard to get anything done, but it was fun...:tt2:

I like being in an office - I admire entrepreneurs and their drive, but though I often think about going back out on my own, I just don't think I've got the temperment for it. I would rather be able to leave the office behind at the end of the day, not walk by it all the time, if ya get my drift...

Good luck on the job hunt - whoever gets you will be getting a true prize: a hard-working, intelligent and gawgeous employee! :thumbup:

Omg, Ebony, I wubs you! :wub:

Actually there are three or four of us in a small group who are toying with the idea of starting a company. This dinner group that ColoradoChick and I belong to has grown over the last few months to include some GREAT couples, and out of this pretty constant group of 14 (seven couples, obviously), three of us women are unemployed, and CC is looking since her hours got cut.

We're tentatively talking about maybe hiring ourselves out as contract workers instead of being sent through agencies. In other words, WE would be the agency which, if I understand what's being tossed about, would be cheaper for companies to hire us because there is no real middleman (the agency) and we should make more. I hope I have that right. Of course the talk was just a bit of chit-chat at the dinner party this past Saturday, but we're trying to find a day where we can all get together over a power lunch and troubleshoot this one.

The one lady who was previously a business owner and seems to be putting this together came up with a cute tentative name: Three Chicks and a Computer. :lol:

Omg, Ebony, I wubs you! :w00t:

Actually there are three or four of us in a small group who are toying with the idea of starting a company. This dinner group that ColoradoChick and I belong to has grown over the last few months to include some GREAT couples, and out of this pretty constant group of 14 (seven couples, obviously), three of us women are unemployed, and CC is looking since her hours got cut.

We're tentatively talking about maybe hiring ourselves out as contract workers instead of being sent through agencies. In other words, WE would be the agency which, if I understand what's being tossed about, would be cheaper for companies to hire us because there is no real middleman (the agency) and we should make more. I hope I have that right. Of course the talk was just a bit of chit-chat at the dinner party this past Saturday, but we're trying to find a day where we can all get together over a power lunch and troubleshoot this one.

The one lady who was previously a business owner and seems to be putting this together came up with a cute tentative name: Three Chicks and a Computer. :lol:

Hey Beth - check this out...Lincoln Small Business University - Home

Black Enterprise magazine is running a series of classes for people who either have their own business or are thinking about starting one. They are all virtual classes, and they have some really good experts lined up...

Might be something interesting for you and your friends to check out! :thumbup:

Thanks, Ebony, I'll pass it along to the other women too.

I know the one who is trying to head this up had her own business before so she might be able to tell more if she/we can get anything out of this.

now i use my higher education to shovel horse shit...:lol::thumbup::rolleyes2:

I want your job!!!

PJTP: Went to see the dr today. Down 9 pounds since last month. No fill again - been steady at this fill since March.

Down 83 pounds since surgery - 102 pounds from my highest. I can hardly remember being so big - which is a good thing!

I hope you all are doing well!

Ebony - Good Luck on the jobs! I hope you get the one you want.

Beth - I hope you hear something sooooon!!!

Me too, CC. There's a part of me that doesn't like the thought of belonging to some company again, but my pride is being bruised by not being called back by ANY of the places I've applied to. :thumbup:

P.S. I hope my screaming in your ear when you called me about your 100+ pound weight loss didn't hurt you. lol

Down 83 pounds since surgery - 102 pounds from my highest.

Go CC! :lol::w00t::w00t:

That's awesome! I can't wait till I get to that point...I think y'all will hear me screaming all the way from CT!:thumbup: