Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

I just keep picturing that trick where an empty aluminum (sp?) can is able to hold the weight of a person standing on top of it until it's gently tapped.......then *crunch*. I don't want my bike to be the can when I'm riding down the street.

Most bike frames have a weight rating. It's pretty high. They aren't soda cans. :thumbup:

I think most of them can hold at least 300 lb.

Just thought I'd give a link in case anyone was interested in following this part of my journey...  Fanny moves to Phase Two

Congratulations Fanny, I love your new avatar pic by the way. Your hair looks great as well in the new pics in the photo albums.

J is doing great and as long as he is in his 'magic blanket' (swaddled) HMM ;-)

he sleeps until about 915-930 in the morning (goign to bed about midnight). im starting to think he's teething cause he's gotten even more clingy and his normal 'mouthing' has increased ... i gave him my knuckle last night and he chomped down... the kid has some serious grip!! (just really glad there wasnt a tooth there!) where have i heard that?

i have about a bazillion (almost not an exaggeration) pictures posted on Facebook ... but they're so doggone cute; esp when you catch DD in a good smile!

Beth, you are tossing me softballs here and making it waaaaay too easy.....but I'll resist.

I thought we made it clear that we didn't wanna hear about your balls!?!

*and by enormous girth, I'm referring to my genitals.

isn't that indicative of a prostate problem? ;-)

I just keep picturing that trick where an empty aluminum (sp?) can is able to hold the weight of a person standing on top of it until it's gently tapped.......then *crunch*. I don't want my bike to be the can when I'm riding down the street.

but that w/b fricken funny!

Thank you, Heather! My honey took that photo and I do love it...

he done berry good! :thumbup:

*WTG, Beth!!!

*Tap, come out anytime. We do get snow but it's honestly not much. I'd love more but that takes higher elevation and we're not selling our house anytime soon. Normally, the most snow we get during any one storm is a couple of inches. And if you lived a little farther down the hill, you'd get a dusting, if that.

Not to say we don't get a lot more if it's a really good storm but it doesn't stay on the roads very long and we have plows that keep the roads clear.

Google "Central Sierra Nevada Mountains" and see what pops up.

PM me if you want details as to where I am exactly. It really is a nice place to live.

*Plain, go for it! Buy a bike and get your butt out there!

PJTP: Got my fill this AM. Ran a couple of errands and was home by 2! Got home a whole hour sooner than I was hoping for! Score! LOL!

On a sucky note, didn't lose any weight at the doc's. But I didn't gain either. I've been hungry and the weight I lost at the first part of the month, came back! :thumbup: Doc gave me .75cc and told me to shoot for a 6lb loss in the next 4 weeks! WHAT?! ugh.

I've been stuck here for so long, I'm getting depressed about it. I guess I need to work harder. Thought I was but I'm going to take another look at what I'm doing. He said with my walks, I'm probably gaining muscle and losing inches. So WTH with wanting a 6lb loss in a month?! Anyway. I've got a lot of work to do and not sure where to start. I guess it's back to dieting, tho I said I would never diet again. I've got to do something...

So, on that note. I'm off to the kitchen to try out a cupcake recipe for DD's b-day next week. We'll take them over to the station tonight so the boys can eat them!

'Night all!

Heartfire: The thing about muscle gain is this -- yes, you may gain muscle weight during times of working out, but eventually the muscle mechanism takes over and it begins to burn more fat. The more muscle you have, the more fat is burned even when sedentary.

Are you tracking your inches? I am very much a proponent of that because, even if we can't see a poundage loss on the scale, you can at least track inch loss. You may be pleasantly surprised.

And thanks to everybody for the kudos! Omg, it felt SO good to put on something that beings with a "1" instead of a "2"!!!

Morning everyone...

I'm finishing off my coffee before i head out into the yard - got lots of digging and planting to do today!

Have a great day; play safe; drive sober!

Cera, yeah - can I borrow that line? JUST DO IT - and I'll slam it shut with a DAMMIT!

As I claim no trademark/copyrights to it, feel free.:thumbup:

Beth- yay for you in an 18 whoohooo

fanny- love the new pic

LJM- glad to see you posting here again. I know the baby is keeping you busy

Hi Susan..I have missed seeing you too.

Everyone else good morning.

I had a great day yesterday with my DGSons and my DD (youngest) After I took the DGS home, my youngest took me out to eat for a late mothers day. She was sick on Mothers day and couldn't do any thing. We went to Beauregard's to eat. It is her favorite place. I couldn't make up my mind where I wanted to go so we went there. The waitress was so funny. She kept asking if I wanted something to drink. Then she watched me while I ate a little and kinda picked at my food. She had the look on her face of I know she is going to say something is wrong. She doesn't like her food. I could see the relief on her face when I asked for a 2 go box. Since I still had 3 quarters of my food left. I would have eaten more but I tried some of their fully loaded baked potato salad to see if I would like it. I did like it, but changed my mind on getting it and ate 1 of my daughters fried pickles. So I wasn't really hungry. But her face was so telling, it was quite commical. Today I am getting my 2 DGS and I have my oldest DGD. I am taking them to Sci-Quest today. They are free today! Yay! I won't have to spend anything but gas money today! Then they are all spending the night and church with me tomorrow. The boys almost allways spend Sat. night with me and go to church. My DGD I don't have to often so this is a treat.

I got sunburned Thursday mowing the yard. I am surprized that I hadn't gotten burnt before now this year. But I am still stinging which is unusual for me. I guess its because I didn't put vinigar on it this time. Just Aloevera gel.

I know I am rattling on. Sorry. Everyone have a blessed and safe Memorial Day weekend.

Hey everyone. How are you all today? it sure is slow in here today.

Update on yesterday... I took my DGD to Sci-Quest. Her and I had a lot of fun. My DGS didn't get to go. My DD and her hubby was arguing and her wouldn't let the boys go. After when my DGD was on our way home my DD calls and tells me to come get her and the kids. She has had enough. There was litteraly a struggle over my oldest DGS. he was in the car on my DD's lap (there was no more room in the car with 3 car seats in the back) anyway SIL jusked open the door and jerked him away from DD. I feel so bad about what all he was told by his dad. he is going to be scarred for life. he won't know how to treat women unless we can get him away. SIL was telling DGS that when SIL's brother raped my DD that she liked it. That she was a whore and all sorts of other things. You don't tell a 9 (will be 10 in July) year old things like that. Then he had DGS laugh at her! The boy is afraid to not do what daddy say's because one time he stuck up for my DD and his dad didn't talk to him hardley for a month. My DGS told me he didn't like being at home because of it. So I know that is why he is doing what SIL tells him. Please pray that we can get my DGS away from him. That I have patience and how ever your heart is lead in this situation. I thank you all in advance.