Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

There was an introduction of a new mentor/mentee program at work that I applied for. I found out today that I was one of 10 that got accepted!!! I'm really psyched! :biggrin:

Congrats!!!!

So usually I am well prepared and pack the kiddies lunches up the night before so I have one less thing to worry about at 4am. Well last night due to birthday festivities I was too lazy and just went to bed. Went to pack them now and low and behold BOTH of their effing lunch boxes are MIA. What the heck is that? I think they are revolting and hid them to buy pizza today. Grrrrrr.

There was an introduction of a new mentor/mentee program at work that I applied for. I found out today that I was one of 10 that got accepted!!! I'm really psyched! :biggrin:

Congrats SNT! I am happy for you.

LJM...I had a face book account that I had started right before my computer ended up with a ton of viruses. I almost didn't join FB because they had said on the news (about a month before I joined) that it had a lot of viruses. I figured with everyone on here getting on and as long as I waited that I would be safe. NOT! That was the only different place I had been. Within a couple of days after joining I started having some problems. Within 2 weeks my puter was down. My DSIL is a computer ITT tech. (he built my computer) had a heck of a time cleaning the 1 virus off. So soon as I got it back I cancelled my account on FB.

PJTP....I have been awake since yesterday morning. I tried to sleep but can't. My mind won't shut down long enough for me to sleep. I am tired. But as soon as I lay down my mind starts talking to me and won't shut up!:thumbup:

PJTP - After all the bad news I've read, I hate to tell this but I'm about to pop and I can't tell anyone at work so I'll apologize now.

There is no need to apologize - we're here to help you celebrate! YAY you!!!!

I found out yesterday that my boss is a back-stabbing jerk.

Any details you want to share?

I figured with everyone on here getting on and as long as I waited that I would be safe. NOT! That was the only different place I had been. Within a couple of days after joining I started having some problems. Within 2 weeks my puter was down.

PJTP....I have been awake since yesterday morning. I tried to sleep but can't. My mind won't shut down long enough for me to sleep. I am tired. But as soon as I lay down my mind starts talking to me and won't shut up!:thumbup:

That's really unfortunate about the virus situation. And my mind frequently talks to me too...and then I start answering, and soon a fight breaks out!

Thank goodness this week is almost over! My DSD phoned her father to proudly announce she is pregnant...there was not a great hurrah and joyous celebration on the other side of the phone! Thankfully DH didn't say any of the things he was thinking, just said "It will be a big change in your life, and there is no experience like it. Congratulations, and take care of yourself". Her circumstances are not good, no one likes the boyfriend - drug dealing, drug using pondscum in my UNSPOKEN opinion - she finally just got a good job (which is a challenge in this economy) and is babbling on about how she planned this. Her boyfriend does not work (at least at any legal occupation), he lives off of her, they have no savings (but they did spend the money to buy a home theatre system for the 1 bedroom, shared bath apartment they live in), and she thinks that her employer will give her a maternity leave starting about 3 months before the baby is due and for a year after! Reality will (unfortunately) bite! In the meantime I just have to add a few baby knitting, sewing, cross-stitching projects to my list of things to-do.

Donna - having been too tight, I feel for ya sister. Can you tell the difference yet?

PJTP - After all the bad news I've read, I hate to tell this but I'm about to pop and I can't tell anyone at work so I'll apologize now.

I can definitely tell a big difference but I would have sworn to you before that I was not too tight and the only time I had problems were with the acid reflux at night a full month and a 1/2 after the last fill. Anyway I slept through the night last night with no problems so I'm a very happy camper this morning! :thumbup:

WTG on the mentor program!

Thank goodness this week is almost over! My DSD phoned her father to proudly announce she is pregnant...there was not a great hurrah and joyous celebration on the other side of the phone! Thankfully DH didn't say any of the things he was thinking, just said "It will be a big change in your life, and there is no experience like it. Congratulations, and take care of yourself". Her circumstances are not good, no one likes the boyfriend - drug dealing, drug using pondscum in my UNSPOKEN opinion - she finally just got a good job (which is a challenge in this economy) and is babbling on about how she planned this. Her boyfriend does not work (at least at any legal occupation), he lives off of her, they have no savings (but they did spend the money to buy a home theatre system for the 1 bedroom, shared bath apartment they live in), and she thinks that her employer will give her a maternity leave starting about 3 months before the baby is due and for a year after! Reality will (unfortunately) bite! In the meantime I just have to add a few baby knitting, sewing, cross-stitching projects to my list of things to-do.

It's sad when circumstances make it difficult to rejoice in something that should be joyous news. Having the child will certainly be a reality check for her. Maybe it will even make her realize she needs to kick the loser BF to the curb.

It's sad when circumstances make it difficult to rejoice in something that should be joyous news. Having the child will certainly be a reality check for her. Maybe it will even make her realize she needs to kick the loser BF to the curb.

We can only hope! DH is very upset; we had all held out hope that when she got this new good job, she would meet some new people and realize what a complete using rude selfish pig of a male her boyfriend was, and ditch him. Instead, she intentionally gets pregnant and now wants the whole package - house, and kids, and marriage. And she is not 16 year old kid - she is 25 and smarter than this! (or so we thought). Oh well, I am only the soon-to-be granny - which oddly enough is NOT filling me with joy either! Me - a granny!!:biggrin:

I'm a step-granny. I have 7 grandchildren. My oldest stepdaughter is only 3 years younger than me. Yes, I have one of those DHs. LOL

I'm a step-granny. I have 7 grandchildren. My oldest stepdaughter is only 3 years younger than me. Yes, I have one of those DHs. LOL

WHOA!!! :confused:

Gammy! :thumbup:

Gammy! :confused:

I'm working on the name I will deem acceptable - and gammy isn't it! I was thinking of stepmom-the sequel. Or Aunt tippy-tap. It's only a few years ago we gave up considering adoption; it's too big a leap for me to be anybody's granny!

To shave your toes?

Ha ha, funny....Not!!! :thumbup:

So I was asking the kiddies what they wanted to get their Daddy for his birthday and DD promptly answers me with "Deodorant and a nipple ring".

Oh my goodness, that is too funny. How old are they? Did you get those gifts for him?

No comments from here, because you haven't posted any on this thread for those of us who are non facebookers!

Well, then you need to be a facebooker!!

I'm back. The doctor said I was too tight and took out .5 cc which took me down to 4.5. He said I'd lost 12 lbs since my last visit on 12/2 and was happy that I'd lost an overall 35 lbs since my surgery date in July. He said that was a good rate of loss for me. I told him of the 12 lbs lost, that the majority of that was by Christmas and I've only lost about 1 or 2 lbs since Christmas. He raised his eyebrows at that and said I need to be keeping a food diary because I shouldn't have had a stall for that long.

He said my band probably tightened up since I've been under stress. He told me wait until the stress goes down and I feel back to normal and we'll recheck to see if I need another adjustment. He said the pouch looked fine and there was no dilation or slippage. He gave me the picture to take home with me.

Donna, I am so relieved to hear everything is ok with your band. Are you feeling better now?

There was an introduction of a new mentor/mentee program at work that I applied for. I found out today that I was one of 10 that got accepted!!! I'm really psyched! :confused:

That is awesome. I work for a child-serving agency and we have a mentoring program. It is amazing the positive difference a good mentor can make in the life of a child.

That's awesome!

Uh-oh, what happened??

Donna, I am a step-grandma too. I have two children from my first marriage and three step-kids from this one. The oldest son has a beautiful baby boy. The middle daughter has three kids, she started when she is 15 and is just now 21.

Well, I had my surgery yesterday morning. They didn't have to shave my toes!! I was ok yesterday, but I guess that was because the anesthesia had now worn off yet. I woke up this morning and thought I was going to die. I stood up and immediately became majorly lightheaded and nauseated. I spent about three hours dry-heaving (sorry if TMI) and am now hoping I didn't cause any harm to my band. I think it is ok though. DH had to work today, so he had DD stay home from school to take care of me. She force fed me crackers and made me drink some Gatorade. I am actually feeling better now. But, my foot is absolutely killing me!!! He has me on some pretty good pain medicine, but every time I take it it makes me dizzy again and very sleepy. I can't believe I have to go through this again with the other foot and am definitely not looking forward to it. And, I am not allowed to go back to work until he gives me the approval. My post-op appointment isn't until Monday afternoon. I have strict orders to keep my foot elevated, on ice and to stay off of it as much as possible. So, I am already bored out of my mind. Needless to say, I will be spending a lot of time on the forums and sleeping. Keep me entertained guys!

LJM, how are things going with Joshua. I love seeing all the pictures you post of him, he is such a cutie. How does dd like being a big sister?

Edited by *Susan*

Any details you want to share?

I was probably indiscrete enough just sharing that. But it felt good getting it off my chest.

Susan glad to see you made it through without the shaving =)

And no we opted against the nipple ring but we did get Rock Band 2 for the Wii. So we have had a bunch of fun playing.

That's awesome!

Thanks and hmm, I've had one of those!!!

Congrats SNT! I am happy for you.

I read some book about dealing with stress. When I get stressed or have something on my mind so much that I can't sleep, I keep a notebook or pad of paper by my bed so that i can turn on the light and write down what's on my mind or for to do lists. Women especially have random thoughts/word running through our minds like they're on a loop. Writing these into full sentences help quiet our minds. Just my two cents. :confused:

There is no need to apologize - we're here to help you celebrate! YAY you!!!!

Thanks! I feel for you with the DSD sitch. I am so thankful that I didn't pull some dingbat move like that when I was younger. But um hello, me supporting a man? Not bloody likely! (Now supporting a laid off husband or husband that went back to school, etc is an entirely different story!) But supporting some crackhead while he doesn't work? Uh nope!

I'm working on the name I will deem acceptable - and gammy isn't it! I was thinking of stepmom-the sequel. Or Aunt tippy-tap. It's only a few years ago we gave up considering adoption; it's too big a leap for me to be anybody's granny!

How about "call me at Christmas only?" Ba-da-bing! I like Tippy-Tap!

That is awesome. I work for a child-serving agency and we have a mentoring program. It is amazing the positive difference a good mentor can make in the life of a child.

Keep me entertained guys!

Wait, are you calling me a child?!? :patriot:

Wow-we finally get LJM entertained and now you're asking for entertainment!!! :patriot:

I was probably indiscrete enough just sharing that. But it felt good getting it off my chest.

Hopefully his/her karma will get them sooner rather than later!

There was an introduction of a new mentor/mentee program at work that I applied for. I found out today that I was one of 10 that got accepted!!! I'm really psyched! :cursing:

CONGRATS!!!!!!

That's awesome!

arent most bosses jerks?

No comments from here, because you haven't posted any on this thread for those of us who are non facebookers!

sorry -- wayyyyyyyy too many crazies who can be on here... join FB...you know you wanna... if you are concerned about a virus, dont do the quizzes, etc.... just update... :)

Keep me entertained guys!

LJM, how are things going with Joshua. I love seeing all the pictures you post of him, he is such a cutie. How does dd like being a big sister?

i can send DD over ... she'll keep you entertained... ;)

he's doing ok ... still has jaundice and eating issues (only ate about 12 oz yesterday), but we're working thru them.. i cant believe it will be a week in about 1 hour 45 min!! last week this time damn i was in some pain (stupid half working epidural!!) dd is doing ok... a tad green around the edges, but she's coming around.

PJTP - ok ... i wont go into details, but i'm becoming more physically active the past 2 or so days - im actually almost caught up on the laundry, dishes pretty much done right on time, unloading some of J's clothes, you name it... the things they DONT tell you about for when after the baby comes ... scared the crap out of me... i thought i was dying .. literally...

arent most bosses jerks?

He hasn't been for a year and a half.

But I think I'm on his bad side now. Great.

LJM are you not going to post any pictures on this thread?

Susan, I am so sorry you're going through this. Can't the find a pain med for you that you can take without it making you feel icky?!