Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Susan, I am so sorry to hear about your surgery. I hope you're not in pain.

I guess I am going to have to check out face book. I have a hard enough time with myspace, so if FB is easier, I am all for that!

who would throw away pie?...unless it's pumpkin

Aaarrrggghhh! I'm in agony here at such blasphemy.

Susan... I guess I missed something.. what is wrong with your foot?

Whenever I've been laid off, my benefits were continued until the end of the month. I've always understood that they have to be paid in month increments so the company saves so money by cutting them off early. Is it possible someone is pulling a fast one on you, Brandy?

Whenever I've been laid off, my benefits were continued until the end of the month. I've always understood that they have to be paid in month increments so the company saves so money by cutting them off early. Is it possible someone is pulling a fast one on you, Brandy?

Same here....also, my organization offers the ability to self-pay to continue to have insurance coverage (up to 3 months, I think?). We call this COBRA, although I'm not sure if this is a state reg or if it's nationwide....

Stupid me for having abnormal shaped toes. I thought everyone's pinky toes turned outward to where they were almost walking on their nails. Guess not though, so now I have to have bones shaved and bones broken and replaced in the correction position.

Son of a b..... is this what the future holds for me since my little toes do that? Really it is not normal? Crap. And sorry you have to deal with that Susan. I hope you heal up nice and quickly.

Haven't lost much on the scale, but I'm losing inches, so I'm not too disappointed. Getting back into the gym will make a difference, I'm sure...

Yay on the inches lost! 'Tis a grand feeling, isn't it??

Facebook is like myspace for adults.

Yes indeed

I guess I won't be doing the gym for quite a while. I am having surgery on my right foot on Thursday. I will be on crutches and in a surgical boot for 3-4 weeks. Then, once the right foot heals, I get to go through the whole process again with my left foot. I am not looking forward to this.

So sorry to hear about this Susan. Hope all goes well.

Well my daughter (16) decided to run around in the dark on a hill with her friends. What she thought was a 12" drop was a 15' drop... Now she has a broken foot and best of ALL! It was 12 hours after being let go and they cancelled the insurance and refuse to pay... Gets better... We leave for hawaii on Thursday. YAY ME!

I lost another pound tho haha

Brandy - I hope the broken foot won't be affected by flying. I'd be checking the insurance coverage though, because you are probably convered until the month end. I hope so anyway. And ...the excitement builds; your wedding is in a mere few days!

Stupid me for having abnormal shaped toes. I thought everyone's pinky toes turned outward to where they were almost walking on their nails. Guess not though, so now I have to have bones shaved and bones broken and replaced in the correction position.

Well THAT sounds painful and sorta disgusting!

Hey, pumpkin pie is one of the few pies I would have a slice of! Nice and molassas-y, smooth and rich.

Eff that............

Snort!

Son of a b..... is this what the future holds for me since my little toes do that? Really it is not normal? Crap. And sorry you have to deal with that Susan. I hope you heal up nice and quickly.

If you start getting tons of sores and built up skin on them, have them checked. And, thanks, I hope I heal up quickly too!

It's not too late to throw that pie away, is it...? :(

One can't throw away pie. I only ate a small piece though. I gave the rest to my daughter's friends.

Susan, I am so sorry to hear about your surgery. I hope you're not in pain.

I guess I am going to have to check out face book. I have a hard enough time with myspace, so if FB is easier, I am all for that!

Thanks, Denise. Definitely check out Facebook, it is where all of us cool kids hang out! :(

Man, I wasn't expecting to wake up to such cold temperatures today, and it is supposed to be colder tomorrow. I want my warm, sunny Florida weather back now.

susan - sorry about them toes!!!! my mom had that surgery - it's a bit more serious than one thinks & she had a longer time to heal in between the 2 feet.

brandy - sorry about your daughter. check w/insurance - i've not heard of one being dropped the same day as dismisal...? ?

all the best for the big wedding day too!!!!!!

cool in dallas this morning - yesterday had shorts on & flip flops, today looking for my gloves. wish it would just pick a temp & stay there for a bit, preferbly warm!

yesterday had shorts on & flip flops - wish it would just pick a temp & stay there for a bit, preferbly warm!

I am heading to San Diego in a mere 2 weeks - I want warm! I do not intend to pack any gloves or wear my long underwear or tote my down jacket. So, the weather has 2 weeks to get every bit of cold out of its system, and put warm temperatures in place!

I guess I won't be doing the gym for quite a while. I am having surgery on my right foot on Thursday. I will be on crutches and in a surgical boot for 3-4 weeks. Then, once the right foot heals, I get to go through the whole process again with my left foot. I am not looking forward to this.

So sorry to hear that Susan. I pray you heal quickly.

PJTP- I mentioned before my company 'restructured' and my position was eliminated. Well they cancelled my insurance effective the same day they let me go.... Well my daughter (16) decided to run around in the dark on a hill with her friends. What she thought was a 12" drop was a 15' drop... Now she has a broken foot and best of ALL! It was 12 hours after being let go and they cancelled the insurance and refuse to pay... Gets better... We leave for hawaii on Thursday. YAY ME!

Brandy: 1st; I am sorry about the job loss. I have had my insurance cancelled the same day also. Pain talked about Cobra which is an option if you can afford it. But it cost an arm and a leg. 2nd; Sorry about your daughter. She is lucky it wasn't worse than what it was. My DD broke her ankle walking across the street and stepped on a stone the wrong way. She was in a boot for 8 weeks. It didn't want to heal at first. 3rd; Enjoy Hawaii and have a safe trip.

Ugh, I am so nervous I bought a chocolate silk pie to calm my nerves. I know, bad Susan, BAD!!!

I'll help you eat the chocolate silk pie!:(

Wow, LilMissDiva is the new official queen of the multi-post. I am very impressed.

Denise, like the others said, I think Facebook is more adult oriented while MySpace is aimed more at teens. I also like that I don't have to go to other people's profiles in order to comment on them. I can do everything from my home page.

LOL thanks... it's okay - I've been called much worse. Also, hope those toes heal up quick! I know what you're going through...

Ouch Susan that sucks :( Hope it all goes well.

PJTP- I mentioned before my company 'restructured' and my position was eliminated. Well they cancelled my insurance effective the same day they let me go.... Well my daughter (16) decided to run around in the dark on a hill with her friends. What she thought was a 12" drop was a 15' drop... Now she has a broken foot and best of ALL! It was 12 hours after being let go and they cancelled the insurance and refuse to pay... Gets better... We leave for hawaii on Thursday. YAY ME!

Same here....also, my organization offers the ability to self-pay to continue to have insurance coverage (up to 3 months, I think?). We call this COBRA, although I'm not sure if this is a state reg or if it's nationwide....

Sorry to hear about your insurance and daughter, hope she gets well soon. As plain mentioned we have COBRA here too, again I'm not sure if its a State mandate or not. I would definitely look into this.

Um, never that! pumpkin pie is THE best! Well, I love pumpkin anything really... pumkin ice-cream, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin filling. Okay, not good for you but good tasting.

Ouch Susan that sucks :( Hope it all goes well.

Hmmm I agree that you should check on this insurance, mine was covered till the end of the month and then I was able to continue the same coverage with self pay cobra for 18 months.

LJM has pictures posted on Facebook, he is beautiful!!

Very beautiful baby.

I like it because...

1 - It's not blocked at work.

2 - It's a little more grown up. (Meaning simple and easy for a fogie like me to use.)

3 - You can see everyone's status on one page.

4 - It's not so complicated so the page doesn't take forever to load - yet.

5 - I found tons of my high school friends on there because I could easily search for them.

6 - I like the status updates and comments format.

7 - I'm sure there is more, but I can't word it or think of it right now.

Yeah, what she said. Join my Mob.

Sorry to hear that -- hope you heal quickly.

It's just one of those months for you, but good things are surely on the horizon. I hope your daughter heals quick and am thankful it was only her foot that got broke!

Right?

Hmmm I agree that you should check on this insurance, mine was covered till the end of the month and then I was able to continue the same coverage with self pay cobra for 18 months.

Every state I've lived in had a Cobra program: DC, VA, MD, KY, AZ, CO, CT, NY and TX. If I remember correctly, you can even have a grace period (up to 90 days) for signing on and still be covered retroactively. Why don't you check for Cobra rules online?

On a separate note - I'm scared I may be having some problems with my band. For the past couple of weeks, I've been woken up in the middle of the night with acid reflux. Not bad burning, just yucky back up in my throat. Once I sit up, I can hear and feel it gurgle back down within 1/2 hour or so and then I'm fine. I haven't experienced any problems during the day and I can eat or drink most anything without any issues. Last night, I woke up with the same yucky backup but it was so bad that I ended up throwing up (just bile) several times. I feel fine now but am sticking to liquids only until I see my doctor on Thursday. Has anyone else had something similar to this happen? BTW, I've never PB'd or thrown up prior to last night.