Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

I am actually feeling better now. But, my foot is absolutely killing me!!! He has me on some pretty good pain medicine, but every time I take it it makes me dizzy again and very sleepy. I can't believe I have to go through this again with the other foot and am definitely not looking forward to it. And, I am not allowed to go back to work until he gives me the approval. My post-op appointment isn't until Monday afternoon. I have strict orders to keep my foot elevated, on ice and to stay off of it as much as possible. So, I am already bored out of my mind. Needless to say, I will be spending a lot of time on the forums and sleeping. Keep me entertained guys!

One surgery down. Glad it went ok, but I can imagine the boredom. Sadly my life is not too entertaining - even for me! I live vicariously through all of you.

me supporting a man? Not bloody likely! (Now supporting a laid off husband or husband that went back to school, etc is an entirely different story!) But supporting some crackhead while he doesn't work? Uh nope!

How about "call me at Christmas only?" Ba-da-bing! I like Tippy-Tap!

Exactly if he had been employed and lost his job - totally different (and sadly become way too common), or if he was going to school. But no, he is just a lazy drug dealin' slob.

And yes, I'm liking Tippy-tap...

he's doing ok ... still has jaundice and eating issues (only ate about 12 oz yesterday), but we're working thru them.dd is doing ok... a tad green around the edges, but she's coming around.

PJTP - ok ... i wont go into details, but i'm becoming more physically active the past 2 or so days - im actually almost caught up on the laundry, dishes pretty much done right on time, unloading some of J's clothes, you name it... the things they DONT tell you about for when after the baby comes ... scared the crap out of me... i thought i was dying .. literally...

Glad to hear you are all coming around...

But I think I'm on his bad side now. Great.

There's a lot of that going around; was it 'bosses turn on staff' week and no one told me?!?

PJTP - As much as I love company, an aunt who you havent seen in a few years calling from the train station to announce her 'surprise' visit is a little ... presumptious. Oh well, she's here, and we are having a good visit even though I felt badly that I didn't have the room prepared or her special foods bought (I keep a little book outlining everyone's food preferences). She's here only for a few days, and she was a great aunt to me, so this is a very small repayment on the debt of family loyalty and support.

, so he had DD stay home from school to take care of me. She force fed me crackers and made me drink some Gatorade. I have strict orders to keep my foot elevated, on ice and to stay off of it as much as possible. So, I am already bored out of my mind. Needless to say, I will be spending a lot of time on the forums and sleeping. Keep me entertained guys!

?

Susan, Glad you made it through alright. You have a good DD to help you and force you to eat and drink some. Entertainment, uhm let me think, this will have to do5_2_2.gif The farmer in the Dell

The farmer in the dell

Thank you, thank you. Make checks payable to....:cursing:

And yes, I'm liking Tippy-tap...

PJTP - As much as I love company, an aunt who you havent seen in a few years calling from the train station to announce her 'surprise' visit is a little ... presumptious. Oh well, she's here, and we are having a good visit even though I felt badly that I didn't have the room prepared or her special foods bought (I keep a little book outlining everyone's food preferences). She's here only for a few days, and she was a great aunt to me, so this is a very small repayment on the debt of family loyalty and support.

Tippy-tap...cute

What a thoughtful and caring person you are. I just ask people if there is anything special they need for their diet and then rush out and get it. I would have been freaking out if someone just calls me and says hey I'm here in town and staying with you! After the initial freak out I would be happy though.

if someone called me and said they were at the airport/train station/bus station and i had not invited them, i would offer them a ride to their hotel if they pitch in for gas.

if someone called me and said they were at the airport/train station/bus station and i had not invited them, i would offer them a ride to their hotel if they pitch in for gas.

I have to agree with this. I really, really hate unexpected and uninvited guests!!

LJM, sounds like things are going well for you in your household. Glad to hear it.

Denise, you are going to have to get a Facebook account to see her precious baby pictures.

My doctor called in a different pain med for me and they are working much better. These don't make me sick anymore.

Off to the next thread now with "The farmer and the dell" playing in my mind. Thanks for that. :cursing:

I'd even transport them for free! I'm a giver like that! 11.gif

I hate suprise drop ins too but if they are a favorite, much loved relative, then they get a "Get out of Jail Free Card".

But as my mother says, the phone is a wonderful invention! That's beyond rude to just pop in assuming people have nothing else to do than to entertain!

I hate suprise drop ins too but if they are a favorite, much loved relative, then they get a "Get out of Jail Free Card".

i get a lot of company - those wanting to escape the city.

i don't mind - they usually bring a lot of wine & good food to cook up when visiting....most bring their fur babies too to run around the ranch - never thought about it but i should start charging boarding fees..LOL

in catch up mode on the thread, few grandmas on the thread, i do like tippy taps:) as a name.

funny thing taps - my favorite aunt is in town too (mom's baby sister), she's in the city as we have a wedding tonight....she can stay w/me anytime, i LOVE the stories she has on my mom.

I'm not saying to not entertain your relatives or friends; I'm just saying a phone call before is a lot more considerate!

I'm not saying to not entertain your relatives or friends; I'm just saying a phone call before is a lot more considerate!

so you can have your hair done & rocking some mascara?:cursing:

Actually, I started a face book account. I am not sure how to find people there though, or how to have people find me,either. How do I do that?(without letting people who I might not want as friends contacting me?)

All of you said face book was easier than myspace, but I am finding it really confusing. I guess it takes a little while to get used to it?

Click on "Friends" and then "find friends". You can search by employers, high schools, colleges, or by name. If you use your real name, people will be able to find you but you do not have to accept their friend request(s).

I'd also go into your "settings," "privacy settings," and set everything to "friends only."

My two cents. :-)

Actually, I started a face book account. I am not sure how to find people there though, or how to have people find me,either. How do I do that?(without letting people who I might not want as friends contacting me?)

All of you said face book was easier than myspace, but I am finding it really confusing. I guess it takes a little while to get used to it?

It's not just you. I find it a bit more confusing that MySpace too. :cursing: