Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Sleevers - what's your sleeve capacity?

Hey Gang,

I was sleeved a week ago on April 4. Everything is going well and I'm back at work today - although still on thin liquids for another week. I'm down about 11 pounds from surgery date and my 1-week post-op checkup was a breeze.

I have a question about capacity. I've read that it should take an hour to drink an 11-oz Protein Shake (Premier Protein undiluted).

For me, not so much. I find that I can drink it in 10 to 15 minutes with no discomfort as long as I take smallish sips. I'm wondering is this just a thing, or is it something to be concerned about? The only discomfort comes when I take too big a swallow and then 10 seconds later comes the pain that is my stomach saying "Yikes - take it easy up there!"

What are your thoughts and experiences, oh Early April Sleevers?

Hows it going? we were sleeved on the same day. I am doing very well on my liquids as well surprised I am able to drink a few ounces no problem. I am getting in about 6-8 oz of Protein Shake at a time depending on viscosity usually within 5-10mins.

Same sensation when I drink to much lol can feel my stomach giving me the Middle finger as it begins to process.

This week I am bored out of my mind not being able to eat much, feel like my teeth are gonna fall out from not chewing anything lmao.... I need to prep my meals better...

I'm 6 weeks out. In the very beginning, I think your drinking ability is tied to whether or not your stomach swelled a lot after the surgery. Everyone is different. Some really struggle with the smallest amount of liquid, and others don't struggle at all. I was one of the lucky ones.

My sleeve surgery was also 04April. I’ve lost about 10 pounds so far. I’m getting my Protein and Water in pretty well, still trying to figure out when I’m taking one sip too many, I keep getting too full. It’s going to take practice and patience. Still gassy as well. I have decent energy at moments and feel exhausted at others. I’m taking it easy and going for walks at a park down the street. I’m so very glad that I am finally on the healing side of things instead of the waiting for the surgery to happen. Yay! We’ve all got this! 💕

i can also drink my 11oz Protein Shake in 15 mins,will def feel full especially after that 20min mark hits.only lots of gas in the evening & over night.everything else has been great.im dwn 26lbs since my 1 wk preop,had surgery on 4/2,i am so glad everything has been good & surgery behind me.starting pureed foods on sunday,woohoo ive been walking every day,ready to go bk to wk,getting bored.