Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GINAKI officially banded

hello bandworld,, just came back from the hospital and i feel great,, i cant believe i have a lapband , cant feel anything,,,

i got banded yesterday at 3pm, i got 5 incisions, all on my left side of stomach and my port is in the middle of belly button and breastbone...

slight pain, more like discomfort,especially if i cough,,

the hospital service was fantastic,

my stomach is swollen hope the swelling comes down....

apart from the swelling right now its churning, i had the barium swallow xray and the stuff i had to drink has given me stomach aches and really bad diarrhoea,,i will spent the day today on the toilet...

am i meant to feel any different? im not sure if the band is inside of me!

im not at all hungry , i havent eating in 2 days, i sipped a little bit of apple juice this morning and that was it,,

Congratulations!!!!! I was banded on the 2nd so welcome to bandland. Have you met the rest of the "tens" on the monthly board???

Sbee, which tens? im not that new to the forum joined up about 4 months ago.. hope u are doing well,,,,do u feel any different? am i meant to feel the band,lol, silly question..but i feel the same way before gettting the band,,,

I'm so happy you did it Ginaki!

You were so nervous.. I'm next on Monday Nov. 5...

Good luck,feel better.

hi ginakai! congrat iam 6mths out 57lbs lighter and loving ever minute of it i would not change a thing as far as recover the port site will be very sore for a while and food temptations will come but after 2 to 3 weeks into your new eating habits it will just become your daily routine and your body will go back to normal in the last six months i havn't eaten any sweets,fried foods,or breads and no sodes this has really worked for me and i don't miss any of it so good luck and best wishes vicvic

Hi vicvic again i didn't feel like i had anything done either right after i was band i guest that you can thank your wonderful surgoen for that however it's there and you are going to be so pleased.

The Tenacious Tens is the neame of all of us who were banded in October. You can get there from the homepage by going to monthly support group and clicking on October.

Here's the link

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f98/

By the way the first few days I felt awful but I was feeling like myself in about a week and a half and have felt good ever since. :(

JELBEL, U Will be fine,, i stressed for nothing,, its the best thing i have ever done for myself, the doctors are fantastic and they know wat they are doing all willl go well,,

Good lUCK

GINA

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 1 reply
      1. kezbeth

I may have to have gall bladder surgery during my weight loss surgery. Not thrilled about it either but do not want 2 recovery times. Just want it over with.

Thanks for your post. I may need to rethink my decision... :(

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches