Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any MAY sleevers???



Recommended Posts

How are we all doing May sleevers?

I have had a bit of a stall the last two weeks but got on the scales today and have lost almost 2lbs so breathing a bit easier today!

I was a bit scared because I read a post on here about a lady that got to 6 months and then her weight just stopped dead and she lost nothing more, even though she was over a year out, scary!

I have been slacking a little bit with my drinking and getting Protein in, I really need to keep my focus as although I feel fabulous losing 74lbs so far, its not where I want to be. Onwards and upwards with renewed determination!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all. Doing good over here. For the most part I'm feeling well, though finding I get dizzy sometimes when going from bending forward to standing up straight (blood pressure is fine though). I stall at times, particularly mid-cycle but weight is still working it's way down. I made it into the 70s (kg) this week with 79.8kg the other day, which puts me just over 2/3 of the way there, with 20kg to go to (optimistic) goal weight of 60kg.

I stick with 1000-1200 calories a day, minimum 75g Protein. I'm not specifically limiting carbs. Most mornings I have a 2/3s of standard serve of rolled oats porridge and find I'm more hungry on the days I don't have this for Breakfast. Morning tea is 2 shots of fresh ground and brewed decaf coffee (thankyou jura coffee machine!!!) with 200ml hot 1% milk, benefibre (soluble fibre) and a 15g protein serve of peptipro collagen hydrolysate (tasteless beef gelatin-derived supplement, good protein plus supposed to aid in skin elasticity!). lunch is meat and veggies, either leftovers or half a serving of lite n easy (frozen) or youfoodz (fresh) healthy ready-meals (150-225 calories for a half serving). Afternoon tea is often a chobani high-protein yoghurt or a Quest Protein Bar (if I"m out and about) and dinner is fresh meat and veggies. I'll sometimes have a piece of fruit or a few crackers with cheese as a snack too, and a few squares of 80% cocoa dark chocolate. I keep up my fluids with that decaf coffee, 1-2 large decaf teas, a few glasses of Water and a few glasses of chilled brewed fruit tea.

I'm down to an Australian size 14-16 and had to go bathers shopping the other week as we are about to start our very hot dry South Australian summer. I had trouble finding bathers that sat nicely on me as my previously very full large bust is now a very deflated large bust lol.. looking forward to a boob lift in another year or two! Attached is me in the one I decided looked best.

I hope everyone is doing well and getting the love and support they need.

Cheers, Tanya

NewSwimmers2018.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5/3/18
Hw 286
Sw 258
Cw 199

Started size 26
Current pants size 12/14

Yes, I'm a horrible patient.
Yes, I forget and break rules left and right.
But with this, I'm able to get right back on track like I'm supposed to and enjoy success in my new life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2018 at 6:51 PM, Taoz said:

May 2nd here as well SmileyMay! (though will be about a half day ahead of you here in Aussie land) :)
*I'm not sure why my ticker is displaying May 1st*

(copied below what I pasted in the April/May thread too)

I'm jumping in here now as I just got my date today! 2 May 2018 is my surgery date, and have started my pre-op phase immediately as they would ideally have liked me on the pre-op diet for 4 weeks with my BMI so close to 50.

Kids will be back at school that week after the 2 week term holiday, and hubby will be taking a week and a half off to manage the kidlets (6 & 9 years) while I'm in hospital and my first few days at home.

Any other Aussies in here? I'm in Adelaide and going with Dr Michael France at Ashford Specialist Centre.

I am so crazy excited, and glad I'm not having to jump through insurance hoops and lengthy delays like so many US sleevers.

I will have to stick with just lean meats/protein and veggies today and tomorrow until my formulite Meal Replacements arrive by post (can't have Optifast as aspartame and other artificial sweeteners trigger nasty Migraines for me), then 2 shakes and one lean meat & veg meal a day until 2 days before surgery, only shakes the last day before surgery.

*does jiggly happy dance*

Would love to know more about the whole process with ASHFORD.

my BMI is 42. How many appointments are needed to get the surgery date. What costs for each appointment? For the whole surgery was it just the one off facility fee?? Plz reply

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May 6th yep yep

PRE OP VSG. 35/M. HW: 465 CW: 435. SURGERY 5/6/2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jbond1825 said:

May 6th yep yep

PRE OP VSG. 35/M. HW: 465 CW: 435. SURGERY 5/6/2019

G'day mate I'm curious why didn't you go for RNY since you need to lose like 200lbs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
G'day mate I'm curious why didn't you go for RNY since you need to lose like 200lbs?
Doc said sleeve is what he prefers


PRE OP VSG. 35/M. HW: 465 CW: 435. SURGERY 5/6/2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jbond1825 said:

Doc said sleeve is what he prefers


PRE OP VSG. 35/M. HW: 465 CW: 435. SURGERY 5/6/2019

That's lazy I would have gone elsewhere.. I'll be going to see 3 surgeons before I decide and if they aren't experienced enough to show RNY I'll keep looking...

But good luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
May 2, 2018 Sleever. Feeling great. Down to 159 lbs this morning from a high of 225. Not certain how much weight I still want to lose since I am very curvy and still have DDD breasts which add a great deal of weight. Just 2-3 lbs until my BMI is in the normal range. The rules I follow daily remain the same: at least 60 grams of Protein, 30-30 rule on avoiding liquids before and after meals, wall at least 10,000 steps every day (I did this prior to surgery, too), and 64 ounces of fluids per day. I also TRY to limit carbs such as bread, Pasta and sweets, and if I need a sweet treat, I have a small dish of Breyer’s Carb Smart Ice Cream or a Russell Stover sugar free Pecan Cluster or half a protein bar. If I am short on protein for the day, my snack will be the Quest Nacho cheese protein chips...personal favorite!

I’m 59 years old and never felt better! I also gotten so many compliments and am told I look like I’m in my early forties. This was such a wonderful life changing decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Gundy said:

May 2, 2018 Sleever. Feeling great. Down to 159 lbs this morning from a high of 225. Not certain how much weight I still want to lose since I am very curvy and still have DDD breasts which add a great deal of weight. Just 2-3 lbs until my BMI is in the normal range. The rules I follow daily remain the same: at least 60 grams of Protein, 30-30 rule on avoiding liquids before and after meals, wall at least 10,000 steps every day (I did this prior to surgery, too), and 64 ounces of fluids per day. I also TRY to limit carbs such as bread, Pasta and sweets, and if I need a sweet treat, I have a small dish of Breyer’s Carb Smart Ice Cream or a Russell Stover sugar free Pecan Cluster or half a Protein Bar. If I am short on Protein for the day, my snack will be the Quest Nacho cheese protein chips...personal favorite!

I’m 59 years old and never felt better! I also gotten so many compliments and am told I look like I’m in my early forties. This was such a wonderful life changing decision.

Sounds like you're doing great! And can't complain about DDD :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gundy said:

May 2, 2018 Sleever. Feeling great. Down to 159 lbs this morning from a high of 225. Not certain how much weight I still want to lose since I am very curvy and still have DDD breasts which add a great deal of weight. Just 2-3 lbs until my BMI is in the normal range. The rules I follow daily remain the same: at least 60 grams of Protein, 30-30 rule on avoiding liquids before and after meals, wall at least 10,000 steps every day (I did this prior to surgery, too), and 64 ounces of fluids per day. I also TRY to limit carbs such as bread, Pasta and sweets, and if I need a sweet treat, I have a small dish of Breyer’s Carb Smart Ice Cream or a Russell Stover sugar free Pecan Cluster or half a Protein Bar. If I am short on Protein for the day, my snack will be the Quest Nacho cheese protein chips...personal favorite!

I’m 59 years old and never felt better! I also gotten so many compliments and am told I look like I’m in my early forties. This was such a wonderful life changing decision.

Hi Gundy,

We're doing about the same, relatively. 5/3/18 sleever here. Started at 235lbs. and I'm now at 170 lbs. So I'm down 65 lbs. and you're down 66 lbs. I'm so glad you posted this because I thought I wasn't doing well enough. Glad to know someone else is the same as me. It sounds like we're eating very similarly too. I just started doing aerobics a couple of times a week (I'm 66 years old, so it's called "Silver Sneakers"), hoping it will help me get in better overall health. Down another size again and feeling better than I have in at least 35 years. Very grateful!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
May 30 , finally got to double digit today 99kg from 168, in pounds 149.5 kg lost... i ended up going over my calorie intake target of 1300 calories to 1318.. 6 feet 3 , so need to loose another 9 kg. Although my target was 105kg

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, borg said:

May 30 , finally got to double digit today 99kg from 168, in pounds 149.5 kg lost... i ended up going over my calorie intake target of 1300 calories to 1318.. 6 feet 3 , so need to loose another 9 kg. Although my target was 105kg

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

So you've lost 69kgs since May? 8 months? And 90 is perfect for your height.

I'm 6ft0, and my goal is about 82-85kgs but I'm only 145kgs! Well done mate..

Guys like you are my inspiration unfortunately I've still got months to wait before I can have surgery but leaning towards RNY BYPASS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/13/2019 at 23:17, Mikeyy said:





So you've lost 69kgs since May? 8 months? And 90 is perfect for your height.




I'm 6ft0, and my goal is about 82-85kgs but I'm only 145kgs! Well done mate..




Guys like you are my inspiration unfortunately I've still got months to wait before I can have surgery but leaning towards RNY BYPASS


70 kg today, i dont think this much weight loss this quickly is good but iam now settling down , i suspect a lot of it is muscle loss, you are doing it in adelaide ? Travelling for work 5 days is my biggest challenge and a new wardrobe every 3 months :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, borg said:
23 hours ago, Mikeyy said:




So you've lost 69kgs since May? 8 months? And 90 is perfect for your height.


I'm 6ft0, and my goal is about 82-85kgs but I'm only 145kgs! Well done mate..


Guys like you are my inspiration unfortunately I've still got months to wait before I can have surgery but leaning towards RNY BYPASS

70 kg today, i dont think this much weight loss this quickly is good but iam now settling down , i suspect a lot of it is muscle loss, you are doing it in adelaide ? Travelling for work 5 days is my biggest challenge and a new wardrobe every 3 months :)

Well that's what I'm hoping for. I need to lose 62kgs sooner the better so I can start a new life and gym regime to start to build some muscles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×