Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any MAY sleevers???

That’s fantastic! Good luck to your whole family.

This is only a good idea if you all have some one to take care of all of you for the first few days to a week. You definitely will need help.

Sleeved Thursday night and just starting to feel human again. I’m still sore and have spasms that come and go. I slept pretty good last night. My husband has been here to help me which I’m so grateful for. Can’t imagine doing this without his help.

I'm from Australia, had my sleeve on Friday around lunch time. Sunday evening here now. Still sore, and have an annoying case of the gurgles & hiccups but getting through it

17 hours ago, prisa911 said:

May sleevers, if interested, add me to your ig. I am scheduled for May 14th. Name is just2bhappy166

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

what is an "ig"

what is an "ig"

Instagram

I'm from Australia, had my sleeve on Friday around lunch time. Sunday evening here now. Still sore, and have an annoying case of the gurgles & hiccups but getting through it

Get well soon 🤗

Sleeved Thursday night and just starting to feel human again. I’m still sore and have spasms that come and go. I slept pretty good last night. My husband has been here to help me which I’m so grateful for. Can’t imagine doing this without his help.

Glad you are feeling better. May I ask what kind of things your hubby helps you with? When I come home, my husband goes back to work. Should I be concerned of being alone?

Glad you are feeling better. May I ask what kind of things your hubby helps you with? When I come home, my husband goes back to work. Should I be concerned of being alone?

I got all meds, Vitamins, recipes, and pre made Protein Drinks ready before I went to the hospital. I typed out a full schedule saying what I have to have when. Yesterday I would not have walked had he not been here. I didn’t have good balance before the surgery. He made me follow the schedule as best I could. We can’t lift anything 10 pounds or more for a couple weeks at least. He’s been lifting and carrying things for me. Ive been set up on second floor and he moved some tables around so I have 4 tables around me with everything I need on them. Today he even thought to put ready made Protein drinks on ice for me as he probably lost weight yesterday with so many trips up and down the stairs! Lol!!! I hope to start spending the day downstairs tomorrow as long I can stay awake today. He’s taken blood pressure and temperature and been my go fer for everything I need. He just left for a few hours. It’s also been very nice just to know he’s here for me, psychologically. Moral support. I would say this, you definitely need some one taking care of you until a day after you’re off all narcotics. Even though you feel you’re ok and can do something , like the stairs, you really shouldn’t. Our new stomachs need to heal so I’m taking everything slowly and trying one new thing at a time. The last thing I want to do is traumatize my new tummy and and end up back in the hospital. Hope this helps.

4 hours ago, ivastic said:

I had my sleeve Thursday. I have had some stomach sounds also which I never really had before. Apparently stomachs can be quite noisy after this surgery. I have also had a few burps which I also rarely did. My hubby might get some competition now.

One more thing to know for post op. I can’t bend over very far. Might just be me.

On 5/5/2018 at 8:21 PM, jules1 said:

1st day home from hospital and nothing beats sleeping in your own bed. Inspired by Taoz i made my own chicken stock. I have then made for next couple days vegetable Soup and pumpkin, carrot and ginger Soup. Heres a pic of my vege soup for may post op sleevers on liquid stage. Not a pretty colour but tastes great. Swirled some natural yoghurt through also20180506_102036.jpg

Glad you like the taste. We need some kind of taste so we can at least enjoy the little bit we can eat :-)

Hi they called me with a cancellation, so I started my pre-op liquid diet today! Surgery scheduled for May 15! Anyone have any pointers for liquid diet pre-op (woke so up hungry today lol)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app

The purpose of the pre-op diet is ketosis which shrinks the liver. The liquid diet was tough for me since I don’t enjoy the Protein drinks. I did, however, stick with a high protein and no carb diet during the pre-op and lost weight, and the surgeon said my liver looked great.

HW: 225
SW: 214 (5/2/2018)
CW: 208
GW: 145

May 9th is my surgery. It got a bit rocky as my mother was going to help me with my 15 month old, but she just found out her galbladder removal is May 10th so... had to scrabble a bit to get things figured out haha. But got my hubby staying home with me the first several days, then my Sister in Law coming up to stay with us for 2 weeks since I won't be able to lift my daughter. Getting nervous, and so hangry on this liquid diet. But I've stuck to it! (Hard to sit here and drink my Protein shakes/broth while feeding my daughter Beef Stroganoff though...)

Am I the only one who smells other people's food during the liquid diet stage? :48_weary: It just smells so good.

5 hours ago, prisa911 said:

Glad you like the taste. We need some kind of taste so we can at least enjoy the little bit we can eat :-)

I agree, I have now started sprinkling cayenne or harrisa on top for some spice and flavour. This helps my cravings a little bit. Are you doing your preop diet at the moment Prisa?