Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any MAY sleevers???

9 hours ago, jules1 said:

Had my surgery may 2 and have to say its been a struggle. Had bad nausea and pain post op and then Migraine hit for last 24 hrs. If i can be rid of that I'll be happy. Tolerating thin fluids ok. Just having apple juice and broth really. 🤞home in morning. Missing my boys despite a visit each day. My 3 yr old starts pretend sneezing and saying he's sick when he's here as he wants to stay in with me.

Aww. Mine visited the day after surgery, but soon learned hospital is a boring place to be. Once they had seen me alive and well mine were ok. Hubby asked if I want them to visit again tomorrow (since I'm here until Sunday) and I suggested he ask them first, and as I'd expected they'd rather do fun stuff with him and possibly have a friend over rather than visit hospital again. I'll see them soon enough on Sunday.

Edited by Taoz

Almost 11pm here, so heading to bed. Didn't have to get a new IV in this afternoon as I swallowed 500-600ml fluids today, and will work on more tomorrow.

I look forward to a sleep without all the IV noises.

Goodnight all, and good luck to those sleeved today and tomorrow

Almost 11pm here, so heading to bed. Didn't have to get a new IV in this afternoon as I swallowed 500-600ml fluids today, and will work on more tomorrow.
I look forward to a sleep without all the IV noises.
Goodnight all, and good luck to those sleeved today and tomorrow

Hey taoz, how are you feeling? I was sleeved on 5/2 and was feeling great until last night. I’m in a lot of pain and experiencing nausea.

HW 289
SW 262
VSG 5/2/18
Kaiser, Ontario - Dr. Chin

Hi everyone. I'm scheduled to have surgery May 16. I'm on day 3 of my Pre-Op diet. My doctor has me on 2 high Protein Shakes, 3 to 4 oz of lean Protein and "fill the rest of the plate" with non starchy veggies a day. Everyday I get a little more nervous/excited.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BariatricPal mobile app

Hang in there and stay focused. I'll save you a seat on the loser's bench!

My surgery was just this week on May 1st and so happy I found this group. I was able to return to work today, but from home. I look forward to getting to know everyone and sharing stories. I still have some minor incision pain and gas trapped, but otherwise feel fine. Anyone have trouble after swallowing pills? After I take my Prevacid i feel terrible for about 15-20 min. But then it passes and I am ok. I’m amazed I feel this well after 3-4 days!

Very happy to meet you GaINOLA, I should have my surgery June-July, I'll need you to be a good influence on me because you're now a VETERAN😝

I have only had my small bp tablet so far and it was fine. Am wondering how larger Calcium will go. Will give myself a week before i start back on it. Can u break up your tablet before taking?

Yeah, I might have to open the capsule and mix it with something. WIll try tomorrow.

Yeah, I might have to open the capsule and mix it with something. WIll try tomorrow.

Just check with pharmacist on that because sometimes you shouldn't open capsicum. Something to do with auditor i think

Just check with pharmacist on that because sometimes you shouldn't open capsicum. Something to do with auditor i think

Oops Capsule

My surgery was just this week on May 1st and so happy I found this group. I was able to return to work today, but from home. I look forward to getting to know everyone and sharing stories. I still have some minor incision pain and gas trapped, but otherwise feel fine. Anyone have trouble after swallowing pills? After I take my Prevacid i feel terrible for about 15-20 min. But then it passes and I am ok. I’m amazed I feel this well after 3-4 days!

Hi GalNola, I was sleeved on the 2nd! I am definitely in more pain since being home. Last night was rough. I’m experiencing pain when trying to use my stomach muscles when I sit up in bed.
Have you had minimal pain the whole time, or do you feel like there was point where the pain subsided? I was feeling really good at the hospital (thanks morphine!) but not so much now.

HW 289
SW 262
VSG 5/2/18

Yes!!! Let's do this! I just had my band removed months ago. Surgeon wanted everything to heal well, so I have been patiently waiting for the sleeve. My surgery date is May 2nd! My insurance approved the surgery in 1 day after it was submitted. I was totally shocked being that the insurance was from the "Obama Care"So now after having gone through surgery twice, (once to put in band and once to take it out) I'm preparing for the post op period again. Toilet seat riser was a must for me! I also rented a small hospital bed from my local pharmacy which helped me tremendously with band post op and getting in and out of bed.
Also don't forget to order your chewable vitamins! I love the Unjury brand. They have everything you need in 1 chewable.

Hi Smiley,
How are you feeling? I had my surgery on 5/2, also. I’m feeling pain more now that I am home, especially the incision to the left of my belly button, I’m wondering if that’s where they pulled my stomach out. I’m going the pain subsides soon

HW 289
SW 262
VSG 5/2/18

8 hours ago, baribetty said:

Hey taoz, how are you feeling? I was sleeved on 5/2 and was feeling great until last night. I’m in a lot of pain and experiencing nausea.

HW 289
SW 262
VSG 5/2/18

Hi baribetty,

I'm doing mostly ok. I was still taking endone a few times a day yesterday, but that was more needed for the pain in my arm after the IV spike moved out of my vein overnight and made my arm really swollen and sore with Fluid build up - took all day to subside and it was far more painful than my incisions at the time. I dropped to paracetamol and coedine tablets last night, and just paracetamol this morning however still slightly nauseous and still being given tablets for that plus buscopan to reduce cramping.

I had a bit of pain in the middle of my chest this morning, and was surprised when I figured its actually hunger pain (was barely ever hungry on 3 week pre op and not hungry first few days post op). I'm now working through a formulite Meal Replacement shake in small sips as Breakfast (can't have the hospital standard Optifast because of aspartame intolerance) .

Did the hospital move you down to oral pain killers before they discharged you? The initial Morphine is pretty strong.