Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2018 Success Stories

Hey February peeps! How’s everyone doing? Haven’t heard updates in a few weeks! Sleeved 2/26 so I’m one month this week! Go to my second post op Friday. Feeling good for the most part and def losing! My body feels and looks different. I am thinking of starting HIIT training after I meet with Dr.

Sleeved: 2/21/18
HW: 334lb
SW: 272lb
CW: 245lb

I'm glad to hear that most are doing well.
I'm almost 7 weeks out, and down 30 lbs. I'm a little disappointed in that, tbh! And to add to the frustration I seemed to have entered my second stall, ugh! Also, I don't look any different, and my clothes fit the same, double ugh!
Overall I feel really good. My main issue is I get nausea when I have an empty stomach, and drinking Water makes it worse. Since I don;t want to eat all the time, this is frustrating. And I'm not good with water to begin with, so this isn't helping. I've also not been getting my Protein in. I became intolerant of whey protein, so I had to experiment with alternatives. I think I found some that work, fingers crossed!
In good news, my energy is great. I was really easily exhausted for a while, but I think a B12 shot solved that. I'm back to my normal work/travel schedule without any problems. I'm getting better at navigating business meals and dining out.
Oh, and the best part, I'm literally never physically hungry! I have cravings if I'm smelling food, or looking at a menu, etc., but the lack of hunger makes it easier to make good choices. Even if I do give into cravings at eat something less than ideal, my stomach capacity is only 1 oz of solid food. So it's not like I can have a huge set back!
And it seems that I have an Iron stomach so far (except whey protein!). I've eaten every type of protein it seems without issue, no issues with vegetables either. I've only had limited starches, but no issue so far. I haven't really had much sugar or sweets at all.

Hope these new Proteins work out! You’re doing great 30lbs down! Have you tried wearing under armor body suits to hold u in? They could help too!

Ive had some complication like getting kidney stones from dehydration. Worst pain I have ever felt, but other than that I’ve been I think doing pretty okay. Now that the stones are gone it’s time to get back in the gym!
VSG 02-12-18
HW:262
SW:235
CW:207
GW:140
55 lbs [emoji652]️

Ive had some complication like getting kidney stones from dehydration. Worst pain I have ever felt, but other than that I’ve been I think doing pretty okay. Now that the stones are gone it’s time to get back in the gym!
VSG 02-12-18
HW:262
SW:235
CW:207
GW:140
55 lbs [emoji652]️

Omg I’m so afraid of kidney stones!! I’ve been struggling with getting Water in! This is going to remind me why it’s so important. Thanks for sharing. You are doing great

Yeah keep things floating and free, kidney stone is rated the worst pain, trumps childbirth and even heart attack, mind you I don't want to experience all 3 to judge for myself. I would rank acute pancreatitis ahead of childbirth and I had 3 unmedicated natural ones, that pain is so bad you almost long for death as a release. So anything Bariatric surgery can do to me short of doing it with only a shot of novacaine, a box cutter and some fishing line, I can and will handle it. Look me up in the next couple months and I bet I'll still be singing the same song[emoji444][emoji14]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

On 3/18/2018 at 5:50 AM, Tgrindle said:

keep a journal, weigh my food, eat with a baby spoon, time my meals, drink my fluids. Get on elliptical 30 min a day 3-4 times a week, just started doing very light weights.

I got to where I was, doing what “I wanted to do”, and to get where I want to be I need to do what the doc/nut tell me to do.

@Tgrindle

your post was written very well!! Wise words for newbies et al to live by!

keep doing what you are doing! - good luck - kathy

Hi all. This is my first post on these forums. I was sleeved 2/26; I see that several others were as well. Just want to get to know you and share the experience with others in the same boat!

Hi all. This is my first post on these forums. I was sleeved 2/26; I see that several others were as well. Just want to get to know you and share the experience with others in the same boat!

Welcome!!! So glad you found us!!!

Sent from my SM-G930VL using BariatricPal mobile app

6 minutes ago, angyplus5 said:

Welcome!!! So glad you found us!!!

Sent from my SM-G930VL using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks, Angyplus5!

So far so good! I feel like my weight loss is going slower then i expected, but it’s going !
I’m having trouble getting all the fluids in lately and i don’t know what to do to help that

HW: 221
SW: 209
CW: 184

Sleeved 2/13/18

56 minutes ago, Sleevedvee said:

So far so good! I feel like my weight loss is going slower then i expected, but it’s going !
I’m having trouble getting all the fluids in lately and i don’t know what to do to help that

Sleeved 2/13/18

Are you having trouble swallowing or just forget to keep sipping?

And are you just bored with plain Water? Try flavorings, green or herbal teas,spice your life up a little. Change the temperature up,some people do better with very warm or cold instead of room temperature[emoji38]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Are you having trouble swallowing or just forget to keep sipping?

Just forgetting to sip not thirsty lol before surgery i drank a gallon a day no problem

Sleeved 2/13/18

Greetings Everyone

I was sleeved 2/26/18 and just had my 2 wk post-op today (Dr had to reschedule)

Graduated to soft foods and tried some cream of chicken Soup with a small potato blended in my NutriBullet

Felt awful all afternoon/evening

I’m choosing to stay on my puréed foods a bit longer.

The way I make sure to get in more fluids is by rotating 2oz Protein supplement and 2oz Water with each dose of meds

I’m at 45g of Protein & 48oz fluids daily

Set my Apple Watch to alert me to walk every hour I’m awake

Dr told me I’m right on target since I also had a hiatal hernia repair with sleeve

SW 284

CW 266

GW 155

Update:

At 4wks post-op had to have an infusion. This wk is 6wks post-op and still struggling to get in all necessary liquids. Dietitian cleared me to regular diet though it continues to bother once it hits pit of stomach. I’ll be staying mostly on liquids and testing out just one solid food daily. I have absolutely no appetite. Still on Levsin, Prilosec and Dilaudid.

Anyone else struggling this much with nourishment?