Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2018 Success Stories

40 minutes ago, Sleevedvee said:

Also, the last two weeks of May i was working out like a maniac, i truly became obsessed with fitness

However, I now have 3 herniated disks, one of which is impinging on the nerve root, and I’m going on week 3 in bed, in severe pain.
I don’t know exactly what caused this for me, but I am told that weight loss is a contributing factor for sure—— be careful in your workouts everyone!

Wow, so sorry to hear that! Hope you get some relief soon!

I had the SIPS surgery back on 2/14/2018 (Valentines Day)! I did self-pay to the tune of $17K because I didn't want to deal with all of the insurance hassles. It is the best $17,000 dollars I've ever spent.

At nearly 5 months out, I'm down 70lbs. It just never would have happened without a boost from surgery. I exercise faithfully five days a week, I eat "mostly" right daily and I feel like a new person. I am now off of all blood pressure and cholesterol meds, breathing treatments, and no more back pain. The non-scale, health victories have more value to me than the vanity aspect of it. My quality of life has completely changed as I can do more physically for myself and with my family. Before the surgery, walking from my car to the office building was like jogging ten miles.

I'm back up on heels, buying more flattering clothing, accessorizing and the whole bit. I'm enjoying what seems to me like a rebirth. I've cooked more in the last few months than I probably have in the last two years. I cook just about every day so that I have food for lunch and dinner. I've cut waaaaaaay back on fast food, restaurants, and takeout. I stay all over the internet looking for recipes that give me another way to make great veggie and Protein dishes. I simply feel great. I have about 36 lbs to lose before hitting my first goal of 190. Although I'm not extremely tall at 5'6, I carry weight pretty well. I've always looked lighter than I actually am. Once I get to 190, I'll determine if I need to come down another 10-20 lbs.

Sorry, this is long, but I'm just so happy with the decision to punt the LAP-BAND that I had and get this revision!

Edited by deltagirl93

So @ delta girl93, how are you doing this 2019 year? Did you reach all those goals you were hoping for? 😣

I had by bypass August 6, 2018 and have been doing great. I am starting to volunteer at the zoo were I live and I have so much more energy. I can actually put my shoes and socks on without almost passing out. I have wanted to be able to sit with my legs crossed for about 25 years and now I sit with them crossed all the time. I wish I could get to the gym more though to firm up all the saggy spots. I had my official 6 month follow up on Valentines day and was so happy with my progress. I am wishing good luck to everyone

Pre surgery stats
Weight 231
BMI 40.6
Chest 45"
Waist 43.5"
Hips 47.5"
Clothes sizes
Pants 22
Shirts 2x

6 Month Stats
Weight 155
BMI 28