Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2018 Success Stories

I was sleeved 2/12 and still experiencing midsection pain. It’s pretty sharp and constant. Happens when I’m stretching, bending and even when I’m just been sitting too long. Really annoying and frustrating. I’m going to see my Dr. this coming week. My incision are fine but that damn pain is keeping me down.

HW 235
SW 217
CW 207
GW 150

Same here. I was sleeved on 2/21. Pains when I stretch or stay put for a long time. Seeing doctor in Tuesday. Hopefully he has some answers.

HW 334lb
SW 272lb
CW 260lb
GW 210lb (lowest weight i can remember ever being)

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app

Had Gastric Bypass on 2/8 & will be celebrating 4 weeks on Thursday. So far I've lost 37 pounds & off of 2 of my 3 diabetes medications, one of them being insulin so I'm extremely happy about that. I'm back to work but still feeling weak only have enough gas in the tank til about 3 in the afternoon but pushing ahead. I'm living off of Soup, cottage cheese & yogurt. I don't think that I'd be sane if it wasn't for sugar free Popsicles. Hitting my first stall during the last couple days I was losing a pound to pound & a half a day, knew the stall was going to come but still al little bitter that the scale hasn't moved in two days. Also during the last couple days a new phenomenon has come up, just THINKING about a Protein Shake makes my mouth break into that warm pre vomit feeling, not good. Going to try and mix in some scrambled or hard boiled eggs. So weird not being physically hungry I try to explain it but nobody believes it, but I know you guys do.

Hope everyone is well, prayers for your recoveries!

Same here. I was sleeved on 2/21. Pains when I stretch or stay put for a long time. Seeing doctor in Tuesday. Hopefully he has some answers.

HW 334lb
SW 272lb
CW 260lb
GW 210lb (lowest weight i can remember ever being)

Let me know how your doctors visit went please. I don’t see mine until tomorrow and experiencing a lot of sharp pain. I was sleeved 02/12. Pain should have reduced and seems it’s getting worst. I’m getting really worried

Had RNY on 2/12 for far has been great! As of this morning I have lost 42.5 since surgery. Feeling great. No pain. On soft diet eating 1000-1200 cal a day.

HW= 489
SW= 474.5
CW= 432
GW= 189

Joey

I've been doing really good since surgery. Had the sleeve on 2/9 and so far I've lost 29lbs including what I lost on preop. Today I must have done to much. Having pretty bad pain on my side just praying it's not another kidney stone or kidney infection!

DS on 2/8, doing really great with fluids and Protein but it literally takes me all day! lol. Unfortunately I had a hiccup and as soon as I had my surgery I started having problems with my gallbladder and had to have it removed 3 weeks after my wls surgery! Recovering nicely now I'm having some trouble with my liver enzymes... but I'm keeping my head up and keeping on!!! oh but the amazing thing I've lost 34 lbs since I started all this and that is amazing!!!

Sent from my SM-G930VL using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi Angy! congrats on that weight loss! WOW!!!! glad you got that gall bladder out... how was the operation? was it long?

I need mine out too and my surgeon is taking mine out on surgery day.

Hi everyone. New to this group. I had my sleeve done on 2/13...everything was going great until Sat. felt like I hit a brick wall. No energy & no appetite. I had 5 days of Constipation. That was rough! I'm looking forward to my 3 wk Dr visit tomorrow! I'm down 14 lbs so far!

Sent from my LG-H700 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi everyone. New to this group. I had my sleeve done on 2/13...everything was going great until Sat. felt like I hit a brick wall. No energy & no appetite. I had 5 days of Constipation. That was rough! I'm looking forward to my 3 wk Dr visit tomorrow! I'm down 14 lbs so far!

Wow same Surgery date and stats and issues lol cool

Lapband 9/11/07 227 pounds
Vsg 2/13/18
Pre op diet 188
Sd. 180
Cw 167.4 Dr. scale says says one pound less
First goal 169 2/26/18
Second 150
Goal weight 138

44 minutes ago, angyplus5 said:

DS on 2/8, doing really great with fluids and Protein but it literally takes me all day! lol. Unfortunately I had a hiccup and as soon as I had my surgery I started having problems with my gallbladder and had to have it removed 3 weeks after my wls surgery! Recovering nicely now I'm having some trouble with my liver enzymes... but I'm keeping my head up and keeping on!!! oh but the amazing thing I've lost 34 lbs since I started all this and that is amazing!!!

I'm sorry to hear of your complications, and Im impressed with your attitude!!

I'm sorry to hear of your complications, and Im impressed with your attitude!!

Thank you!!!

I'm here!
Been a rough week, super shaky, low energy & weak. I've been staying home to rest up and conserve energy, so going pretty stir crazy.

I've felt the same way this past week...day 21 for me...I did great the first 2 wks & now I feel like I hit a brick wall this wk! Hoping this doesn't last too long!

Sleeved on 2/28 last day of February, first day after surgery was rough as hell. But each day has gotten better. My first post op appointment is on Thursday can’t wait to graduate from Clear Liquids to full liquids. Thankfully haven’t experienced any hunger yet.
HW 337
Pre Op W 299
SW 285
CW 274

The Road 2 A Better Me

Let me know how your doctors visit went please. I don’t see mine until tomorrow and experiencing a lot of sharp pain. I was sleeved 02/12. Pain should have reduced and seems it’s getting worst. I’m getting really worried

Saw my doctor.. he mentioned Neosporin with pain relief ointment. I bought it and incisions feel better.