Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Out With the Old--In With the New!

25 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

Yeah Greg Abbott probably put in an anti-littering law along with all of Texas other ones. Ron White of Blue Collar Comedy tour says other states are trying to abolish the death penalty, Texas has an Express Lane.
Thank you for the beautiful,compliment, I don't know when anyone else wanted to hang with me. I'm crying a little and smiling through my tears. Thank you,so so much!😝

Texas had the "Don't mess with Texas" slogan waaaaay before Greg Abbott.

Bet it's been around since the days of the Texas Republic, any no I wasn't there, didn't date Stehan Austin, didn't cater Davy Crockett's funeral, Fluffy.Chix or CreekImp might have, they are better cooks. CreekImp might sneak cricket powder in, she says it tastes nutty,a good source of Protein, most insects are, And I think she's right about that. High protein, low fat, sounds right up my alley.

9 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Shouldn't it really be our national motto? Maybe even of the world? Do you duty! Tan your fat!

Also a fair-skinned redhead here. At least I'm not the only member of the fish-belly white club!

Edited by Miss Topaz

Day 1 is out of the door and a huge success, I might add. There was some hunger, but luckily, no hanger! Mr. F. is relieved! I didn't get all my food in as "scheduled". My doc would have me eat the first meal at 8am. Yeah, whatever. If I eat at 8am, I wake my hunger up for the day. I'm going to try to push it back to 10am as the first meal and have black decaff coffee until then.
I can say hands down, the hardest part is interacting with food: watching food shows, commercials on tv, washing dishes/cleaning the kitchen, shopping, and cooking an actual meal for your normies, is really quite difficult. So do them as little as possible. LOL.
It's also very strange to see just how MUCH free time you have on your hands when you're not eating. It felt like the day took much longer! Ha! Let's just say, instead of being productive as I should have been, I played a lot of hearts and solitaire on my iphone. But hey, whatever gets you to the finish line, right?
Oh, and dayum, my fairwell tour of BBQ was not a friend to me. I went from 228 up to 234 for my official Pre-Op liquid diet weigh-in. It's so bogus that I can gain up 10lbs overnight. Let's just say my ankles are cankles. Even though there weren't many carbs involved (green beans), or noticable sugar, I got dogpiled. So that sucks. But I just will move forward.
I'm attaching my food log from yesterday as it finished playing out last night. I'm gonna go read how much milk I can have with my Protein Shakes. I'm pretty sure there is a limit.
020418FluffyFoodLog_Day1PreOpLiquids.thumb.JPG.5f0c46774e62075fd44542c53b308234.JPG

Which app is that?

It's a screen shot out of My Fitness Pal--desktop

Ok, so I am lovin' the walking outside in tshirts and shorts. It's like I received parole from life in prison. So free!!! And I'm sweating when I walk!!! I've been walking in my house since last year so that if I fall, I can just call Mr. F. or 911. No way would I have been able to get up and that way, I could pause or sit if necessary!

But now, holy wow!! I'm walking on schedule and as planned! No skipping a day of exercise for me!

Tomorrow is the last day of PT for the week. Then we're meeting friends at the minor league ball team in our area for baseball and Friday fireworks. Trying to decide if I'm wearing jeans or shorts and a tshirt! :blink: Seriously? Who the fork am I and what have I done with Fluffy?

I went to a local support group meeting. I've now been to 3 of them. This one was HUGE! Maybe 30-40 people--about half pre-ops and half post. The speaker was a bariatric psychologist and he talked about emotional/stress eating. It was very informative and helpful. Cuz let's face it. None of us got to the obesity ball by stress eating apples and carrots and spinach. Am I right?

Afterward, we split into 2 groups for intros and support. At 10 weeks, I was one of the most advanced in our group. And I was also the most progressed as to how much I could eat or drink. So I don't know that I got much out of it. I did meet some nice people though. I will give it another shot to see how it goes. I know I will continue with the Tomball group (which only meets every other month) and maybe either my RD group or my doc's group or this one last night.

Man! If you guys haven't tried nuking your eggwhites yet? You should totally do it. I get the carton egg whites called Real Egg Whites (oddly enough). And it's only ew's. That's it. Then I add a cubed wedge of light Laughing Cow and some turkey crumbles. I nuke spinach and mushrooms ahead of time and put on a plate. Then do the eggs separately so they don't have any Water from the veg. And it makes the eggs huge, puffy, and tender. Way more volume and tenderness than in an omelet pan. And I use no oil at all.

Here was my after-walking breakfast:

Egg, cheese and turkey crumbles with spinach and mushrooms:

Serves 1 (about 1cup of food/5.3oz by weight)

75g Real Egg Whites

14g Turkey sausage crumbles (Jimmy Dean)

1 wedge lite white cheddar (HEB)

1oz baby organic spinach

1oz mushroom

14g Hatch green salsa verde (HEB)

Nutrition: 96cals; 14g protein; 3g fat; 4g carbs; 1g fiber; 1g sugar

Edited by FluffyChix

8 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

What is baby organic chicken?

Me having a brain fart. LOL. Sorry, it was baby organic spinach. Have NO idea how chicken became spinach.

MMMMmmmmmMMMM word soup! ;)

Just now, FluffyChix said:

Me having a brain fart. LOL. Sorry, it was baby organic spinach. Have NO idea how chicken became spinach.

MMMMmmmmmMMMM word soup! ;)

Good, 'cause I was kinda grossed out! :o

LOL. Here's lunch today. It's sooooo crunchy and tangy and delish I can't stand it!!!

Greek salad with Shrimp. YUM! 133cals; 20g protein; 3g fat; 7g carbs; 1g fiber; 6g net carbs; 2g nat. sugars

greek-salad-shrimp_web.thumb.jpg.95ff613cfa6954e296f6050fcfbd59fa.jpg

@FluffyChix I look forward to this thread update. I love the recipes and tips & tricks. By far, one of the most helpful one-source-info thread on here!

Beware of excessive whining this week chillins. It's "that" week. I'm due for a low week. The scale has not moved significantly in 5 days. LOL. Making me a fairly angst-driven bi*chy female. LOL. But the only saving grace is, thanks to my weekly graph, I can see, that my weight loss is falling into something that appears to be a pattern. I'm now in Week 11...*le sigh*.

My food is beautiful. My exercise is beyond perfect. No cheats. No slip ups. LOL. So I know this will pass. But it still makes me cranky. Cuz I'm the scale's little bi*ch. LOL.

050418WeightLossGraph_11weeks.JPG.c1df594423795b106e9cf136af515680.JPG

My mini-Whine for this Fine Friday
Sure I'm losing a pound a week
Day-um it's not the amount I seek!😭

April Fool Day weight 324.5. Today weight 320.25 and I even started replacing a meal daily with a shake.😖Wah-wah-wah!

Fluffy, I started tracking my weekly weight to spot trends when you mentioned it -- great idea. Not sure if I have a trend yet:

image.png.52939549026120e8955618ca55afe755.png

Edited by Apple203